+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint Request After Passing Citizenship Test

Sukumaugali

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
It's been almost 2 months since my wife and I took our test (and passed) and we're still In Process. We did her finger prints on February 24th and every time we called CIC they said they have everything they need and they are still running their security checks. Is this taking longer than normal or are we still within the norm for people who have had finger prints requested?

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
Sukumaugali said:
It's been almost 2 months since my wife and I took our test (and passed) and we're still In Process. We did her finger prints on February 24th and every time we called CIC they said they have everything they need and they are still running their security checks. Is this taking longer than normal or are we still within the norm for people who have had finger prints requested?
standard processing time as per cic is 12 months

so u applied dec 2016 . ur within normal time frame

Sukumaugali

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
sidestep4u said:
standard processing time as per cic is 12 months

so u applied dec 2016 . ur within normal time frame
Yeah, I understand that I'm within the overall normal timeframe. I was wondering if I am within the normal timeframe after the FP has been sent. Everything was moving quite fast until we received the FP request.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Sukumaugali said:
Yeah, I understand that I'm within the overall normal timeframe. I was wondering if I am within the normal timeframe after the FP has been sent. Everything was moving quite fast until we received the FP request.

After fingerprint request, it can take couple of months to see further updates however it still depends upon application to application because every applicant's personal circumstances are different so thus the application.

Tah

May 31, 2017
Hello everyone! My wife and I took our Citizenship test on February 20th. We both passed and the interview was straightforward. The CIC agent mentioned that my wife's security hasn't cleared yet and we might get a request for fingerprints. We got the letter on the same day we passed the test. She got her fingerprints taken on the 24th of February and RCMP sent them over to CIC the following week. We called CIC to confirm if they received the fingerprints and they mentioned that it might take up to a month to show up in their system. My questions are:
1. Has anyone had the same thing happen to them? What was your experience and timeline?
2. How long does it take for CIC to actually receive the fingerprints and update it in their system?
3. Does this extra step (after we took the citizenship test) add a lot of extra time to our application processing time?
Thanks all!

Tah

May 31, 2017
Hello everyone! My wife and I took our Citizenship test on February 20th. We both passed and the interview was straightforward. The CIC agent mentioned that my wife's security hasn't cleared yet and we might get a request for fingerprints. We got the letter on the same day we passed the test. She got her fingerprints taken on the 24th of February and RCMP sent them over to CIC the following week. We called CIC to confirm if they received the fingerprints and they mentioned that it might take up to a month to show up in their system. My questions are:
1. Has anyone had the same thing happen to them? What was your experience and timeline?
2. How long does it take for CIC to actually receive the fingerprints and update it in their system?
3. Does this extra step (after we took the citizenship test) add a lot of extra time to our application processing time?
Thanks all!
After my citizenship sltedt on

Tah

May 31, 2017
Hi all, I got a letter after citizenship test for finger print, any idea where I should do it in Calgary , I need a speedy service and how much is the fee ?? Also who will send the result for Cic? Thanks

Tah

May 31, 2017
And they said $50 as well, also they said that they will send the finger print electronically to rcmp then rcmp will send it to Cic

Sakman

Jun 28, 2017
Hi,

I have not received my finger prints request yet after my citizenship exam. How long does it take after exam to get it?
Can I enquire somewhere about it?

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
Hi,

I have not received my finger prints request yet after my citizenship exam. How long does it take after exam to get it?
Can I enquire somewhere about it?
Not everybody needs to do that! Cross fingers that you do NOT have to provide them with your fingerprints! Most people do not have to do this!

Sakman

Jun 28, 2017
Not everybody needs to do that! Cross fingers that you do NOT have to provide them with your fingerprints! Most people do not have to do this!
Hi Stef,
They told me after the exam that I might receive it. That's why I am waiting for it.

jalo

Jul 14, 2017
hi guys, im going to apply citizenship soon , when i came to Canada i apply asylum and they took my fingerprints, my question is do they ask for my fingerprints again or not after apply citizenship, thank you for answer

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
hi guys, im going to apply citizenship soon , when i came to Canada i apply asylum and they took my fingerprints, my question is do they ask for my fingerprints again or not after apply citizenship, thank you for answer
Not usually. But they might. Some applicants receive a request for Finger Prints, some prior to the test and interview, some at the interview, some after the interview. Most applicants, however, are NOT asked to submit FPs with a grant citizenship application.

There are numerous reasons why FPs are requested. Most are no big deal. Even if requested, this does not usually delay things much (as long as the applicant timely submits FPs of course). But as usual how things actually go in an individual case depends on the circumstances in that particular case.

Reactions: jalo