+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint Request After Passing Citizenship Test

The-Ottawan

Dec 3, 2016
shyurun79 said:
No, it means your office is now St. Clair, not Ottawa anymore.
Are you sure of this?
I thought that all finger prints go to St Clair to get processed then they are forwarded to the local office?

shyurun79

Sep 22, 2016
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The-Ottawan said:
Are you sure of this?
I thought that all finger prints go to St Clair to get processed then they are forwarded to the local office?
Not likely. What about areas outside of Ontario?

Adnan34

Star Member
Apr 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do every applicant get finger print request? and where to go for FP?

shyurun79

Sep 22, 2016
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Adnan34 said:
Only a few, my observation is about 1/7-1/8. You can have your fingerprints taken at any licensed agencies. You can find the list from CIC website, just google "CIC Fingerprints".

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/fingerprint.asp

Sukumaugali

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Adnan34 said:
I don't think everyone get a fingerprint request. It happens when there are multiple people with the same name / similar dates of birth etc... We did ours at Commissionaires.

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shyurun79 said:
Official saying is: there is nothing special about St. Clair but only workload balancing reason. But reality is, most of tough cases took much longer were handled by this famous office.
Don't Scared Me....:)
My FP send on 22 Feb... to St. Clair...
i didn't call them still...
not in a hurry anymore.. :)
relaxxxing

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Loulita said:
Hi
I also got it from St. Claire and I am from Windsor. I think all fingerprints are being sent from St Claire, but it doesn't mean it is our local office.
Good luck
one more observation..
:)

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
staralihaider said:
Cic received finger prints on 6 feb. Now almost more than a month and still waiting for test invite.

My office toronto St. Clair

how you were updated ??? you called them

shyurun79

Sep 22, 2016
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imran01 said:
one more observation..
:)
To be honest, I am more than happy if my local office is not St. Clair. I simply just don't like this office as I have seen so many cases processed by this office take months even years to finalize.

shyurun79

Sep 22, 2016
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just checked my eCAS, new updates:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 22, 2016.

We started processing your application on October 7, 2016.
We sent you correspondence on February 13, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
We sent you a notice on March 9, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 7, 2017 at 12:45 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Sukumaugali

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
shyurun79 said:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 22, 2016.

We sent you correspondence on February 13, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
We sent you a notice on March 9, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 7, 2017 at 12:45 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Excellent news! Good luck with the exam! It's not that difficult, but make sure you read Discover Canada a few times (I read it 3 times) and take the online exams. They really helped!

shyurun79

Sep 22, 2016
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sukumaugali said:
Excellent news! Good luck with the exam! It's not that difficult, but make sure you read Discover Canada a few times (I read it 3 times) and take the online exams. They really helped!
Thanks for the tips, I will.

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shyurun79 said:

check mine as well with update

We sent you a notice on March 9, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 7, 2017 at 12:45 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment

shyurun79

Sep 22, 2016
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shyurun79 said:
Not likely. What about areas outside of Ontario?
Got my test invitation. It is from Mississauga Office. I think this proves your guess: my local office is still Mississauga but FP request was sent by St. Clair.

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shyurun79 said:
Got my test invitation. It is from Mississauga Office. I think this proves your guess: my local office is still Mississauga but FP request was sent by St. Clair.
i cant let you go alone... same Mississauga office.. :)