+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint Request After Passing Citizenship Test

Sukumaugali

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
imran01 said:
i cant let you go alone... same Mississauga office.. :)
Great news for both of you! Good luck on the test! It's quite easy! Make sure you also read all the captions under the pictures in Discover Canada. There are some questions about the people in the pictures :).
We are still waiting to hear. eCAS still In Process and no updates in the detailed status. I guess we'll try to call CIC again next week to verify if they received the FP results or not. Every time we called we got pretty mean agents that didn't want to help at all...

shyurun79

Sep 22, 2016
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sukumaugali said:
Great news for both of you! Good luck on the test! It's quite easy! Make sure you also read all the captions under the pictures in Discover Canada. There are some questions about the people in the pictures :).
We are still waiting to hear. eCAS still In Process and no updates in the detailed status. I guess we'll try to call CIC again next week to verify if they received the FP results or not. Every time we called we got pretty mean agents that didn't want to help at all...
Thank you. FP will cause a little delay, but I guess unless you do have complicated background, the impact will be very limited.

Sukumaugali

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
shyurun79 said:
Thank you. FP will cause a little delay, but I guess unless you do have complicated background, the impact will be very limited.
We have a very straightforward situation. No issues with background checks at all. So I'm hoping that the delay isn't great...

Blueboy1980

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It will be interesting to see if I get any fingerprint requests. I've completed my test a couple of days ago. I work in the secure side of the airport and had my fingerprints taken by the commissionaire corps of Canada to obtain my security pass which is still valid until 2021. These are the same people who will do finger print readings on CICs request. I will keep everyone posted if I do get a request for fingerprints, will be interesting to see.

Edit: Since writing the above my status has changed to decision made!

Sukumaugali

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Blueboy1980 said:
It will be interesting to see if I get any fingerprint requests. I've completed my test a couple of days ago. I work in the secure side of the airport and had my fingerprints taken by the commissionaire corps of Canada to obtain my security pass which is still valid until 2021. These are the same people who will do finger print readings on CICs request. I will keep everyone posted if I do get a request for fingerprints, will be interesting to see.
Hi there! Congratulations on Decision Made! Once Decision Made is your status on eCAS, they won't be requesting anything else as the file is now complete and a decision has been made in your case. Keep us posted with your news!

Blueboy1980

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sukumaugali said:
Hi there! Congratulations on Decision Made! Once Decision Made is your status on eCAS, they won't be requesting anything else as the file is now complete and a decision has been made in your case. Keep us posted with your news!
Thank you! I think its all done now, very straight forward application. Will be sure to input the dates I receive my oath letter and ceremony

shyurun79

Sep 22, 2016
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blueboy1980 said:
Thank you! I think its all done now, very straight forward application. Will be sure to input the dates I receive my oath letter and ceremony
Congratulations! 3 month in total, impressive!

Blueboy1980

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shyurun79 said:
Congratulations! 3 month in total, impressive!
Was actually less than 2 months in total. Crazy especially that it took me 10 months to get my PR card renewed! I'm not sure what it was about my application that made it go so quick. Maybe the fact that my PR card was renewed recently? Maybe the fact that I spend over 2000 days in Canada by the time I applied? Maybe because I gave them more documents than they needed in the application? (NoAs for the past 6 years and flight details). Who knows, this application is like a lottery sometimes.

zineb83

Oct 14, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi it is good question should we provide more document in our aplication in my case I will send my. Aplication next week so I have my cbsa report / all fly details / letter of employee I have the same work since i am in Canada / letter from the rental companies that I am staying in the same flat since 2012 1 oct so should I put all this documents in my application?! I did preapare them in case any issue on the interview or should I put them on my file ? Please advise me if I put them maybe they will not like it the cic agent i am confused please advise me , thanks

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
zineb83 said:
Hi it is good question should we provide more document in our aplication in my case I will send my. Aplication next week so I have my cbsa report / all fly details / letter of employee I have the same work since i am in Canada / letter from the rental companies that I am staying in the same flat since 2012 1 oct so should I put all this documents in my application?! I did preapare them in case any issue on the interview or should I put them on my file ? Please advise me if I put them maybe they will not like it the cic agent i am confused please advise me , thanks

Send what is being asked. Don't send extra documents. If RQ or additional document request is bound to happen, you can't prevent it. Send the documents as per the checklist. There is no proof that extra documents helped people or not. Also, extra documents may raise eyebrows of CIC that why this person is sending documents that is not being asked for and also they have to do lot of extra work in order to assess your file because of your extra documents which they may not like.

zineb83

Oct 14, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes maybe you are right I will send only the required in the check list , i will take them with me the day of the test :) should i renew my pr it will expire on oct 2017 and I will apply for citizenship on march 24 , i Did read pr renewal may take 10 months ?! No plan to travel outside Canada in 2017 . If I apply for both is it a problem citizenship and pr at the same months . Thanks for helping

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
zineb83 said:
Yes maybe you are right I will send only the required in the check list , i will take them with me the day of the test :) should i renew my pr it will expire on oct 2017 and I will apply for citizenship on march 24 , i Did read pr renewal may take 10 months ?! No plan to travel outside Canada in 2017 . If I apply for both is it a problem citizenship and pr at the same months . Thanks for helping
pr renewal and citizenship are different processes so it's up to you if you want to proceed to renew pr card. If you don't have any travel plans, what if god forbid you need to plan to go outside Canada in an emergency then you may need your valid pr card to come back.

The processing for pr card is "49 days" as per cic website so it could be around 2-3 months for renewal not 10 months.

Blueboy1980

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
pr renewal and citizenship are different processes so it's up to you if you want to proceed to renew pr card. If you don't have any travel plans, what if god forbid you need to plan to go outside Canada in an emergency then you may need your valid pr card to come back.

The processing for pr card is "49 days" as per cic website so it could be around 2-3 months for renewal not 10 months.
When I sent my renewal application off, the website said 93 days. Mine took 10 months to renew. I sent my application to renew last March, only received the card last month. Since 2011 when I landed I had been out of Canada just over two weeks when I went to the UK on holiday. Nothing to require any further checks been working full time (in a job that requires RCMP security checks) since the year I landed. They never contacted me for more info etc.

It was this ridiculous amount of time it took to renew which made me fork out the $630 to apply for citizenship, and that process from the date I posted the application to the day I got approved for citizenship was less than 2 months (when the website said 12 months)

The dates they give on the website are a 'guide' as they call them.

As for zineb83, don't overload them with documents they haven't asked for when you send the application. The only extra docs I sent were copies of my NofA which even the guy at the interview said it's handy I sent them as they would have had to ask the CRA. By all means take evidence with you to the interview but not send it with the application.

CIC said that PR renewals and Citizenship applications can be done at the same time as it is two completely separate departments that process them hence why I sent my Citizenship application off while still waiting for my renewal of the PR card.

seanthomm

Mar 13, 2017
Hello,
Im in the same situation as alot of you, I passed my test on Jan. 5 and then got a letter for fingerprints about a month later, which I got done on Feb. 16. To check to see if CIC received them do I call my local RCMP or do I call CIC? I called CIC but the automated system didn't seem to have an option for what I needed. In my post-test interview they said I would likely get a notice to appear for my ceremony about a month or two after I passed, so I'm hoping to get the notice any day, since it has been 2 months. So my other question is did the FP process seem to delay anybody else?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
seanthomm said:
Hello,
Im in the same situation as alot of you, I passed my test on Jan. 5 and then got a letter for fingerprints about a month later, which I got done on Feb. 16. To check to see if CIC received them do I call my local RCMP or do I call CIC? I called CIC but the automated system didn't seem to have an option for what I needed. In my post-test interview they said I would likely get a notice to appear for my ceremony about a month or two after I passed, so I'm hoping to get the notice any day, since it has been 2 months. So my other question is did the FP process seem to delay anybody else?
If CIC customer service is busy, keep calling the call centre until the system puts you on hold to talk to an agent. Also contact the fingerprint agency to check if they have forwarded the fingerprint results.
Did you receive any paperwork from fingerprint agency, if yes, it could be original fingerprints and if you have original fingerprints you need to make sure to send it to the local cic office who asked for it.
Keep checking your e-cas, physical mail and email for any updates.

When would you get the oath is unpredictable, so it can take few days to few weeks to few months. Good luck!