+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint Request After Passing Citizenship Test

Tah

May 31, 2017
Hi,

I have not received my finger prints request yet after my citizenship exam. How long does it take after exam to get it?
Can I enquire somewhere about it?
I think everyone is not asked for fingerprints, I was asked after after 25 days of passing the test, and I finished it and still my case is jo
hi guys, im going to apply citizenship soon , when i came to Canada i apply asylum and they took my fingerprints, my question is do they ask for my fingerprints again or not after apply citizenship, thank you for answer
i think they will not ask you again. I hadn't done mine on that time so that is why I had to do it now ,

Reactions: jalo

Tah

May 31, 2017
It's been almost 2 months since my wife and I took our test (and passed) and we're still In Process. We did her finger prints on February 24th and every time we called CIC they said they have everything they need and they are still running their security checks. Is this taking longer than normal or are we still within the norm for people who have had finger prints requested?
Hi , so have you go any update about your case after the fingerprints? I did my fingerprints on June 9 and still I am waiting ,please let me know if yours is still pending too,

ENGLISHFORCITIZENSHIP

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
I have a question about how they ask ( on what information basis) RCMP fingerprint request. Do they usually ask this from people who migrated on PR? Because I think people like me ( who presented RCMP finger print when we became PR inside Canada) might not need this? Pls share your ideas?

Tah

May 31, 2017
I came to Canada as a refugee and then after 2 years got my PR, so on that time they should had asked me for fingerprints but they didn't ,
After passing the citizenship test the officer also didn't mention anything about fingerprints but I got a letter after 25 that I should donm

Tah

May 31, 2017
I have a question about how they ask ( on what information basis) RCMP fingerprint request. Do they usually ask this from people who migrated on PR? Because I think people like me ( who presented RCMP finger print when we became PR inside Canada) might not need this? Pls share your ideas?
U gave fingerprints while becoming PR so now they will not ask you again

Matin_71

Aug 17, 2017
Hi guys,
Can someone kindly share the fingerprint time-frame (especially after cic receiving the RCMP result)?
Mine been applied since 3 months and didnot hear from CIC, does the security check (the one I am stucked in now) means international? Why it takes all that time?

Sukumaugali

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Hi guys,
Can someone kindly share the fingerprint time-frame (especially after cic receiving the RCMP result)?
Mine been applied since 3 months and didnot hear from CIC, does the security check (the one I am stucked in now) means international? Why it takes all that time?
We have been waiting for 6 months since finger print request. We took the test and passed on February 20th. FP requested same day. Have been In Process ever since and every time I call and ask they say it's within the 12-month processing time. Nothing to do but wait.

Matin_71

Aug 17, 2017
We have been waiting for 6 months since finger print request. We took the test and passed on February 20th. FP requested same day. Have been In Process ever since and every time I call and ask they say it's within the 12-month processing time. Nothing to do but wait.
Oh my God, 6 months?????????????
Why????? The officer told me on the same exam date that I am going to receive the oath letter soon, I double check with him when, he answered less than 3 months, but when the 3 month passed with nothing, i am little suspicious.
Why all that time, and what kind of check that needs more than 6 month to be done?

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
Why????? The officer told me on the same exam date that I am going to receive the oath letter soon, I double check with him when, he answered less than 3 months, but when the 3 month passed with nothing, i am little suspicious.
Why all that time, and what kind of check that needs more than 6 month to be done?
Has CIC received your fingerprint results? Maybe check with RCMP? Could that be the hold up?

Matin_71

Aug 17, 2017
Has CIC received your fingerprint results? Maybe check with RCMP? Could that be the hold up?
Actually the clear FP been received by CIC since June, and they verify it since that date, I am stucked now in the security check since that date (the step following the FP), everything is clear, I do not understand the delay, is it because of a long queue, or because the security check means international check which take a long time?

Reactions: adt83

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
Actually the clear FP been received by CIC since June, and they verify it since that date, I am stucked now in the security check since that date (the step following the FP), everything is clear, I do not understand the delay, is it because of a long queue, or because the security check means international check which take a long time?
Hopefully it isn't a much longer wait for you. I really wonder if the amount of asylum seekers crossing the border from the US is taking resources away from other immigration streams... there seems to be delays across the board right now, which doesn't quite add up with the Liberals plan to speed things up for everyone...

Sukumaugali

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
They said the exact same thing to us at the interview. 6 - 8 weeks till we get oath letter. When I explained to the call centre that that's the information given to us at the interview, they said that the person interviewing can't decide when the letter will come for oath until everything is done. All our security has cleared, they are just on the last step for prohibitions. It's insane how long it's taking.

Matin_71

Aug 17, 2017
They said the exact same thing to us at the interview. 6 - 8 weeks till we get oath letter. When I explained to the call centre that that's the information given to us at the interview, they said that the person interviewing can't decide when the letter will come for oath until everything is done. All our security has cleared, they are just on the last step for prohibitions. It's insane how long it's taking.
Thanks a lot for sharing this valuable info, currently I am stuck in the security check ( the one after criminality and before prohibition).

Can you kindly share the exact time of your security check waiting period? And if possible when the the fingerprint been requested and how long you have been waiting?

Many thanks to you