+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***February 2021 Outland Spouse Sponsorship***

kittenlover

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Guys, Really worried, no updates after AOR, it's been more than 80 days now, Anyone in same boat? (Still waiting on MR, SA etc)
Anyone with words of wisdom here?
Ask for GCMS notes or call them. You've received AOR so they won't return the application. I think they're just taking time regarding sponsor background check.

Reactions: KATHIA08

vvjila

May 21, 2021
Category........
FAM
Med's Done....
01-04-2021
Once my application is linked to my Online account, will my non-compensated representative (who's also my sponsor) still be receiving messages about the application in their email too?

RufusGoodBoy

Aug 21, 2020
United States
App. Filed.......
12-02-2021
AOR Received.
08-03-2021
I have a question. I received my Decision Made and Passport Request today. (YAY!) I'll overnight it to New York. Does anyone know how long this part usually lasts? Assuming all goes well, when will I actually be able to enter Canada? Looking at the Tracking Tool, it looks like it's usually just a week or two between Passport Received and COPR. Is that about right? Are there more steps after that, or can we then head to Canada? I'm going to put my house on the market, and I'm trying to estimate when I can actually leave. Any help would be appreciated.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have a question. I received my Decision Made and Passport Request today. (YAY!) I'll overnight it to New York. Does anyone know how long this part usually lasts? Assuming all goes well, when will I actually be able to enter Canada? Looking at the Tracking Tool, it looks like it's usually just a week or two between Passport Received and COPR. Is that about right? Are there more steps after that, or can we then head to Canada? I'm going to put my house on the market, and I'm trying to estimate when I can actually leave. Any help would be appreciated.
Congratulations.

It's mostly local logistics, perhaps three to five business days at the consulate. So in USA maybe one to three weeks. Could be more but should be pretty quick. Again, covid, but it's probably the least random part of the process.

Kraken_123

Star Member
Oct 4, 2019
Ask for GCMS notes or call them. You've received AOR so they won't return the application. I think they're just taking time regarding sponsor background check.
@Jabya I am in the same boat. Been 3 months after AOR and no updates.

@kittenlover We did try calling them twice and both times the reply was the same, "your application is in the system and you will receive updates soon"
BTW, what's the procedure to apply for GCMS notes? any insights would be useful.

• Sad
Reactions: Jabya

Richardson9ce

Mar 14, 2021
Congratulations!!! could you please share your timeline with us ?

KKS123@

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Dear All,

My timelines are
App Received: 20 Apr 2021
Biometric: 2 Jun 2021
Medical and AOR: 3 Jun 2021
SA : 3 Jun 2021

I am unable to see any update in ECAS . Can anyone please suggest ? I can't link app to gckey as I have representative who is doing my application and tracking updates. Please help

kittenlover

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016

@kittenlover We did try calling them twice and both times the reply was the same, "your application is in the system and you will receive updates soon"
BTW, what's the procedure to apply for GCMS notes? any insights would be useful.
I waited almost 2 months after AOR then got Biometrics and SA. I found this thread of how to order the GCMS notes. I hope it helps and hopefully you get updates soon!

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-order-gcms-notes-step-by-step-process.513893/

Jabya

May 29, 2019

If possible can you share your timeline?

Jabya

May 29, 2019
Last edited:

Kraken_123

Star Member
Oct 4, 2019
Received - 22 Feb 21
AOR - 11 Mar 21
No updates since.
BIL already done last year for TRV.

Are you applying for TRV? or gonna give them some time? Also check this, you might find it useful to relate with more samples - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/192sbvjd4vJsEWY_B7w5DgFKBmIPNYo6TjlVWAk-xxxA/edit#gid=2051873552
we did apply for TRV but couldn't give Biometrics since the VACs in India were not processing TRV biometric requests (a couple of months ago) and now everything is closed.

thanks, I'm aware of the spreadsheet and it gives me a panic attack every time I see the timelines :D

did you apply the TRV under the 'family reunification' category?

Reactions: Jabya

Jabya

May 29, 2019
we did apply for TRV but couldn't give Biometrics since the VACs in India were not processing TRV biometric requests (a couple of months ago) and now everything is closed.

thanks, I'm aware of the spreadsheet and it gives me a panic attack every time I see the timelines :D

did you apply the TRV under the 'family reunification' category?
I can relate the panic attack, I have chosen not to look at it daily! :confused:
I did apply for normal TRV in Aug 2020, when I was outside of Canada and had not started living permanently in Canada.
Still waiting for any updates on that.

Then applied for Spousal Sponsorship as soon as I moved in Canada.