+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***February 2021 Outland Spouse Sponsorship***

Nisha2104

May 21, 2021
Hi Guys,

I have few queries, if you can help me out.
I am applying for my husband's spousal sponsorship, he is from India.
I am planning to submit it by July/August 2021 as we are going to get married in June 2021.

1. Should we apply for his Visitor's visa as well so that he can visit me sometime while we wait for his Spouse Visa as currently the time for spouse visa is 12 months?

2. Should we apply for his Visitor's visa before getting married?

3. For spousal sponsorship, do we need to get our passport's updated with husband/wife's name is it. (We both have Indian passport)

All the best to everyone.

Hoping for a sooner reply.

raaj_sindha

Mar 26, 2021
Hey guys, VACs in India isn't open right now and my wife can't get her biometrics done. They say few of the VACs are still operating for special cases, does anyone have any idea about it?

Nisha2104

May 21, 2021
Hi Guys,
For sending the spousal visa application , do the PR holder need to send the application package from Canada's courier service only?
Or Can we send it from India as well?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi Guys,
For sending the spousal visa application , do the PR holder need to send the application package from Canada's courier service only?
Or Can we send it from India as well?
A PR sponsoring their spouse must apply from within Canada only - not just 'from a Canadian courier service', but while physically resident in Canada. (And remain a resident throughout the sponsorship process, short trips abroad clearly allowed)

Nisha2104

May 21, 2021
A PR sponsoring their spouse must apply from within Canada only - not just 'from a Canadian courier service', but while physically resident in Canada. (And remain a resident throughout the sponsorship process, short trips abroad clearly allowed)
Ok, thank you :)
I was asking this because currently I am stuck in India as flights are not operational, although I will be flying back when they open up.
So, I though if it is not a compulsion than I can send from here.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ok, thank you :)
I was asking this because currently I am stuck in India as flights are not operational, although I will be flying back when they open up.
So, I though if it is not a compulsion than I can send from here.
It seems to be required, and submitting from abroad does run risk of having it rejected (which would lead to delays). Good luck.

Reactions: Nisha2104

xs2vdeepak

Jul 15, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2018
Nomination.....
05-09-2018
Hi All,

I have sent my wife's spousal sponsorship application to the Nova scotia office on 19th Feb 2021 and it was received on 24th Feb 2021 via Courier. I have never received any acknowledgement from IRCC until today as we have crossed 90 days (3 months) mark. Whenever we call IRCC, the agent tells us that they don't have my file in the system and can't provide any update on the same and asks us to wait further. This is now getting me worried as I want to know what's happening with my application. Also, I am seeing many people getting updates who has filed later than me. Just asking here to know:
1. Should I assume my application is lost?
2. What options do I have now?

Please guide.

xs2vdeepak

Jul 15, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2018
Nomination.....
05-09-2018
Hi Guys,

I have few queries, if you can help me out.
I am applying for my husband's spousal sponsorship, he is from India.
I am planning to submit it by July/August 2021 as we are going to get married in June 2021.

1. Should we apply for his Visitor's visa as well so that he can visit me sometime while we wait for his Spouse Visa as currently the time for spouse visa is 12 months?

2. Should we apply for his Visitor's visa before getting married?

3. For spousal sponsorship, do we need to get our passport's updated with husband/wife's name is it. (We both have Indian passport)

All the best to everyone.

Hoping for a sooner reply.
1. Apply for a visitor visa in advance. That will help you and your spouse to visit each other.
2. Apply for a Visistor visa in advance.
3. Yes, you need to update your passport for better claims of each other's spouse.

Flexsis

Jan 14, 2021
Hi everyone, does anyone know or had received a medical request via postal mail instead of email? ECAS & GCKey both shows that a medical exam has been requested, but there are no messages in GCKEY, and when talking with an agent, they said it is sent through postal mail and not email. Just wanted to if anyone else has actually received it through mail and make sure the agent isn't just randomly saying something they are unsure of :(

Thank you!

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
Hi everyone, does anyone know or had received a medical request via postal mail instead of email? ECAS & GCKey both shows that a medical exam has been requested, but there are no messages in GCKEY, and when talking with an agent, they said it is sent through postal mail and not email. Just wanted to if anyone else has actually received it through mail and make sure the agent isn't just randomly saying something they are unsure of :(

Thank you!
maybe u didnt provide an email address in ur application

Flexsis

Jan 14, 2021
maybe u didnt provide an email address in ur application
There was an email address provided in the application which received an email when we linked the GCKEY. The biometrics request came through GCKEY as well, so it's quite weird that the medical request doesn't show up on GCKEY, did it show up for you?

Jabya

May 29, 2019
Guys, Really worried, no updates after AOR, it's been more than 80 days now, Anyone in same boat? (Still waiting on MR, SA etc)
Anyone with words of wisdom here?

Last edited: