+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***February 2021 Outland Spouse Sponsorship***

raaj_sindha

Mar 26, 2021
Hello everyone, I have couple of questions if someone can help me out.
File receieved : 19th feb
AOR, MR, BR : 22nd Apr
Medical done, and couldnt get biometrics done since VACs are closed in India.
Can i get my wife's biometrics done from somewhere else (like Dubai) ? if yes, then whats the procedure.
Once i get her biometrics done, whats the next steps after that?
Also, her medical was done couple of days ago, but ECAS is still not updated about medical yet. Do i need to do something else?
How long after medical/biometrics done, can i expect her PR?
Thanks guys, in advance

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Can i get my wife's biometrics done from somewhere else (like Dubai) ? if yes, then whats the procedure.
Once i get her biometrics done, whats the next steps after that?
Also, her medical was done couple of days ago, but ECAS is still not updated about medical yet. Do i need to do something else?
How long after medical/biometrics done, can i expect her PR?
If you can get to someplace else, sure, but I really don't recommend just for the biometrics. They can process other parts in parallel and you're better to just wait for the VACs to open.

Medical delay is normal now. You don't need to do anything.

No-one can give any guidance on how long the rest of the process may take. Mostly it will be waiting.

Reactions: raaj_sindha

raaj_sindha

Mar 26, 2021
If you can get to someplace else, sure, but I really don't recommend just for the biometrics. They can process other parts in parallel and you're better to just wait for the VACs to open.

Medical delay is normal now. You don't need to do anything.

No-one can give any guidance on how long the rest of the process may take. Mostly it will be waiting.
Perfect, thank you sir. Do i need to link this application to my online CIC account? Or ECAS tracking should work just fine. Thanks for the response.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Perfect, thank you sir. Do i need to link this application to my online CIC account? Or ECAS tracking should work just fine. Thanks for the response.
It is better to link in gckey because IRCC does prefer to send some correspondence through gckey, and not through ECAS. So you may find at some point you will need access to gckey. (Personally I didn't find the other info in gckey very useful but still checked it)

raaj_sindha

Mar 26, 2021
It is better to link in gckey because IRCC does prefer to send some correspondence through gckey, and not through ECAS. So you may find at some point you will need access to gckey. (Personally I didn't find the other info in gckey very useful but still checked it)
Cool, thanks man. I'm planning to wait for a month for VACs office to open, if not will look for other options. Also, after PR approval, is there anything need to be done? like passport stamping or something else which is time consuming? I'm just trying to make a plan since my wife's project will be over in Sept, and she will be moved to other project in Toronto so that way she wont have to look for jobs once she's here in Canada. If she doesnt get PR before that, she will have to continue with other projects in India for other 6months. So, just trying to assume a time frame here. Thanks buddy again

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Cool, thanks man. I'm planning to wait for a month for VACs office to open, if not will look for other options. Also, after PR approval, is there anything need to be done? like passport stamping or something else which is time consuming? I'm just trying to make a plan since my wife's project will be over in Sept, and she will be moved to other project in Toronto so that way she wont have to look for jobs once she's here in Canada. If she doesnt get PR before that, she will have to continue with other projects in India for other 6months. So, just trying to assume a time frame here. Thanks buddy again
Yes, the passport stamping/COPR, which might take about a month? guessing somewhat.

Cant' provide guidance on your timeframe, but September sounds optimistic. Only a guess though.

Jabya

May 29, 2019
Looks like there are only few left from Feb 2021 Outland group who still are waiting for SA/MR etc.

kittenlover

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
If PA's passport is expiring beginning of 2022, when should we send copy of new passport? Right now or when the application is nearly done?