CPC V- CPC M - March 2014
Med's Done....
February 2014
Passport Req..
DM : 12 Feb 2015
LANDED..........
23 Feb 2015
Hi guys. Here is my story of doing the citizenship test and interview today

My office is Scarborough. I appled for citizenship end of Feb. Citizenship test was today- Jan 10 2020 ( i recieved an invitation for the test on Dec 13)

The IRCC Scarborough office is in the dark brown glass building on the 2nd floor. I would highly suggest checking google maps for parking before getting there. The entrace to IRCC building parking is somewhat tricky to see. The entrance to the parking is right past the building and right after/ before the intersection of the Progress Ave and Milner Ave depending from where you are coming. So it is in the back of the building but you can only acess it from one point.

I ended up parking at 10 Milner Business Ct nearby M1 cafe which is free for first hour and $1.75 for each half hour. It is 3 min walk from the building.

As for the test. There were around 50 people writing the test. Test was a starndard procedure-explanation of rules, filling up a scan card, doing the actual test. Test was easy, at least mine was. I finished it in 3-5 mins. No tricky questions. The tests that I was doing online were way harder than this was. Oh well, even better. I got 20/20.

Right after the test i exited in the waiting room ( it is exactly same waiting area you wait for your Citizenship test before entering the test room).

And i kid you not they called my name for interview in 3 minutes. I came up to the window with my ids, passports , landing paper, and filled green prohibition form- form declaring you did not have any criminal acitivity, parole, arrest, etc- they give you this form before you do the test ( they have a list on white board what they want you to have prepared).

The interview was super quick too. The citizenship agent had a folder with my file in front of him. He asked for green prohibition form and asked if i traveled within eligibilty period. I said yes, he asked the passport that had stamps, quickly looked at my stamps ( like 3 sec look at the page), then he asked if i am working now. I feel like it is a standard question in interview. I said that i am a stay home mom with a baby right now. Then he said ok good and handed me a white form to sign. And that was it. ! No more questions.

Actually i had a question if i could delay my ceremony since we were travelling. And he said- no problem, he said that they have oath ceremonies already booked for 1 month in advance for scarborough and delaying mine was no problem. He put a note on top of my file to schedule ceremony after march.

And that was it. I was out of the building at 10 25. I spent 40 mins in totall inside the building from 9 45-10 25.

Hopefully everyone will have their tests invitations soon and the test and interview will be a breeze like mine was.

Good luck to all of you guys!

Reactions: Amar_Citizenship

Virgostellar

Dec 24, 2018
Hi guys,
Finally I received the oath letter today. I am with Calgary office, and based on my experience they are very slow. Four months from interview to DM, 35 days from DM to oath letter, and 42 days from letter to ceremony. My overall processing time is 361 days.

Admin, please update my details.
Oath invetation letter: January 10th
Ceremony: February 21st

Thank you guys for your effort and support.

Candy26

Jul 5, 2016
Hi Admin, please update my details.

Citizenship test: Oct 5th
Oath invitation letter: Dec 14th
Ceremony: Jan 9th 2020

happy to be officially Canadian!!!

good luck to everyone you guys are next! :)

Reactions: AC1974

vinayreddy

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Hi guys,
Finally I received the oath letter today. I am with Calgary office, and based on my experience they are very slow. Four months from interview to DM, 35 days from DM to oath letter, and 42 days from letter to ceremony. My overall processing time is 361 days.

Admin, please update my details.
Oath invetation letter: January 10th
Ceremony: February 21st

Thank you guys for your effort and support.
Congratulations ...as per the spread sheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V2kMI1QtzlMj8k4shG0IBLnS8GqOhoJDkem5HloNe0I/edit Calgary office seems to be the fastest office. Feb 2019 calgary applicants completed their oath in Aug / Sep/oct/ Nov months.

shine1429

Apr 4, 2019
Hi All,

Received Citizenship Test invite today
Test Date: 27th Jan,2020
But unfortunately have to reschedule as I am out of country during that Time. I had informed them earlier but still they scheduled during that days.

mrrobot

Star Member
Apr 14, 2019
Hey guys,
I applied on 20th Feb, 2019, Aor was 30th April,2019. File in process since 06th June,2019. No updates after that, I don't know whats going on. 11 months still no test invite. I hope everyone gets good news this week.

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Hi Guys
Today I have just received an email for test/interview today i.e 16th Jan, 2020 for Test/Interview on 5th Feb 2020 at Scarborough.
Since I am 74 years old, therefore, I will be appearing for interview with original documents.

My Timeline is as under:
I resides at Brampton.
Application sent to Sydney NS on 7th Feb, 2019
Application Recd at Sydney NS on 8th Feb,2019
Application IP from 16th May, 2019
Test/Interview invitation email received today i.e 16th Jan,2020
Test/Interview scheduled for 5th February, 2020 at CPC Scarborough.
Earlier my CPC was Mississauga and now Scarborough
Admin please update showing CPC Scarborough
I wish that remaining members of our group should also get invitation soon

Reactions: Aby444

krisbalar

Feb 14, 2019
Hello, Please update.
I did my test yesterday and had an interview.
Today it shows Decision Made on ecas.
Thank you!

AC1974

Mar 8, 2010
Hello,

Hope you guys are doing very well. I've just got the email for the Test/ Interview invitation.
Please update the spreadsheet.

Interview invitation email received today Jan 22, 2020
Test/Interview scheduled for Jan 25, 2020 at CPC at Mississauga.
Earlier my CPC was Scarborough and now Mississauga
Admin please update showing CPC Mississauga.

Hopefully, everyone starts getting invitations soon.

Thank you very much, in advance.

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Hi guys. Here is my story of doing the citizenship test and interview today

My office is Scarborough. I appled for citizenship end of Feb. Citizenship test was today- Jan 10 2020 ( i recieved an invitation for the test on Dec 13)

The IRCC Scarborough office is in the dark brown glass building on the 2nd floor. I would highly suggest checking google maps for parking before getting there. The entrace to IRCC building parking is somewhat tricky to see. The entrance to the parking is right past the building and right after/ before the intersection of the Progress Ave and Milner Ave depending from where you are coming. So it is in the back of the building but you can only acess it from one point.

I ended up parking at 10 Milner Business Ct nearby M1 cafe which is free for first hour and $1.75 for each half hour. It is 3 min walk from the building.

As for the test. There were around 50 people writing the test. Test was a starndard procedure-explanation of rules, filling up a scan card, doing the actual test. Test was easy, at least mine was. I finished it in 3-5 mins. No tricky questions. The tests that I was doing online were way harder than this was. Oh well, even better. I got 20/20.

Right after the test i exited in the waiting room ( it is exactly same waiting area you wait for your Citizenship test before entering the test room).

And i kid you not they called my name for interview in 3 minutes. I came up to the window with my ids, passports , landing paper, and filled green prohibition form- form declaring you did not have any criminal acitivity, parole, arrest, etc- they give you this form before you do the test ( they have a list on white board what they want you to have prepared).

The interview was super quick too. The citizenship agent had a folder with my file in front of him. He asked for green prohibition form and asked if i traveled within eligibilty period. I said yes, he asked the passport that had stamps, quickly looked at my stamps ( like 3 sec look at the page), then he asked if i am working now. I feel like it is a standard question in interview. I said that i am a stay home mom with a baby right now. Then he said ok good and handed me a white form to sign. And that was it. ! No more questions.

Actually i had a question if i could delay my ceremony since we were travelling. And he said- no problem, he said that they have oath ceremonies already booked for 1 month in advance for scarborough and delaying mine was no problem. He put a note on top of my file to schedule ceremony after march.

And that was it. I was out of the building at 10 25. I spent 40 mins in totall inside the building from 9 45-10 25.

Hopefully everyone will have their tests invitations soon and the test and interview will be a breeze like mine was.

Good luck to all of you guys![/
Dear Olgabiz
Congratulations for successful interview. My interview is on 5 Feb 2020 at Scarborough. I have checked my passport where in two three dates there are no stamps of departure from Toronto but there is arrival stamps of my destination. I have all boarding pass with stamps or luggage receipts which confirm my journey. I am bit worried whether original copies of boarding pass\ or chekin luggage receipts which shows date of departure from Toronto and destination country India for 2-3 trips departure stamp from Toronto and in one case even arrival at Toronto was not stamped though I have all boarding pass with me.

Will you or any other senior members who happend to complete the journey of citizenship will guide me on the above issue.