+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2019 Citizenship Applicants

netflixtrialps

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Completed one year of submitting my application, still did not receive test date...anyone is similar situation?
Yes, they received my application on 05 Feb 2019. I didn’t receive any update or test invite. Should I call them or wait? If calling, then what’s the number?

vinayreddy

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Hi! Just an update! We had moved our address from Vancouver to Toronto as we moved to East Coast, US. We were called to take the test first on November 12th in Toronto but we could not make it so asked to reschedule. The second date was December 9th and they invited us to take the oath on December 10th, and so we did. We are citizens:)
Congratulations, may i know at what stage of the application you have changed address?

adipadi

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Hi folks, I have received a test invite for Feb 15th, via email. In eCAS too, it says that a notification has been sent to me on Jan 28th. But I have not received the communication by post as of Feb 8th. The office location is Scarborough and I live in Mississauga.

Has this happened with anyone? What are my options when such a thing happens?

Lloyd2017a

Aug 2, 2019
I received the invite for the oath today, however I’m not sure about the test invite.

I believe others first receive an invite for a test, and later on they receive the invite for the oath.
Anybody else received a message similar to this one ?
I’m 35 years old, so I’m technically required to take the citizenship test.

Here is a summary of my application to date:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on
March 19, 2019.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and
a study book called Discover Canada on May 16, 2019.

3. We started processing your application on July 15, 2019.

4. We sent you a notice on February 7, 2020 to appear and take the oath of
citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 13, 2020 at 8:00 AM.
The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your
appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your
scheduled appointment, please contact us.

JPBless

May 14, 2018
I received the invite for the oath today, however I’m not sure about the test invite.

I believe others first receive an invite for a test, and later on they receive the invite for the oath.
Anybody else received a message similar to this one ?
I’m 35 years old, so I’m technically required to take the citizenship test.

Here is a summary of my application to date:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on
March 19, 2019.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and
a study book called Discover Canada on May 16, 2019.

3. We started processing your application on July 15, 2019.

4. We sent you a notice on February 7, 2020 to appear and take the oath of
citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 13, 2020 at 8:00 AM.
The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your
appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your
scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Where are you located? People in smaller (rural) areas served by visiting immigration judges do schedule both test and oath same day. Usually the applicant(s) takes the test first and if successful proceed to oath same day.

On the other hand,if you are in an (urban) area served by regular citizenship processing office then you might want to call them to ascertain what's going on. Nevertheless, I'd say prepare for the test and show up on the date of the "ceremony." If you end up with test only fine, however if you end up with test and oath better.

Last edited:
Reactions: ppcg2510

Lloyd2017a

Aug 2, 2019
Where are you located? People in smaller (rural) areas served by visiting immigration judges do schedule both test and oath same day. Usually the applicant(s) takes the test first and if successful proceed to oath same day.

On the other hand,if you are in an (urban) area served by regular citizenship processing office then you might want to call them to ascertain what's going on. Nevertheless, I'd say prepare for the test and show up on the date of the "ceremony." If you end up with test only fine, however if you end up with test and oath better.
I'm located in a rural area (Lloydminster), and I should be taking my test/oath in Edmonton. Before calling them, I'm waiting to receive the actual notice. Hopefully there'll be more information provided in the notice.

mrrobot

Star Member
Apr 14, 2019
Hey guys,
My file has been in process since 6th June,2019. I am just one week away from 12 months. I dont know what is happening in Scarborough office.

Satyajit_r

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
Hey guys,
My file has been in process since 6th June,2019. I am just one week away from 12 months. I dont know what is happening in Scarborough office.
I think they are clearing the backlog from Brampton and Mississauga. Gave my test on 11th and they asked us to come on the 12th for oath.

Reactions: mrrobot

Virgostellar

Dec 24, 2018
Quick question about passport application for kids. I have the birth certificate translated outside of Canada. It was accepted during the citizenship application. Will it be accepted also for passport application, or I have to translate it again with a certified translator from Canada?

Thank you

adipadi

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Hi folks, I have received a test invite for Feb 15th, via email. In eCAS too, it says that a notification has been sent to me on Jan 28th. But I have not received the communication by post as of Feb 8th. The office location is Scarborough and I live in Mississauga.

Has this happened with anyone? What are my options when such a thing happens?
Hi all, my exam went smoothly on the 15th with 1-2 tricky questions, but nevertheless got 20/20. All the subtle warnings on this forum about studying hard certainly helped.
Today Feb 16th, eCas is saying 'decision made'. The interview officer said that we will get our invitation for oath 'in a few months'. I hope she did not mean it literally, but was stating a generic timeline. I really hope it does not take 'months'.

Hello Mods, can you please update the excel for my decision made status? Thank you.