+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2019 Citizenship Applicants

Kadarsweazy

Apr 30, 2019
Hello guys can someone answer this please i order gcms atip it background check is complete but my application status is on hold isthis normal guys i changed my address from Edmonton to Calgary last year isthis why because they put my application on hold they want transfer to Calgary

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
Guys, there is an update on IRCC website that specifically requests applicants whose oath ceremonies were cancelled in March because of COVID-19 to send a request through webform. This might speed up the process a little bit and you might receive your oath invite if you contact them.

Here's what it says :

Here's the link : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

Choose the following options :

1. What did you apply for? = Citizenship
2. Which citizenship application? (required) = Becoming a Canadian Citizen (grant of Citizenship)
3. Click on 'Video oath ceremony (virtual citizenship ceremony)'

It is amazing that that they are asking. All that information should be in their database, and if the database is properly configured, then a single query will return the ID information for all applicants for whom the oaths were scheduled before that date. This just looks like the IRCC again trying to show that it is working hard on something when in fact it is doing very little.

Reactions: CaBeaver

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
It is amazing that that they are asking. All that information should be in their database, and if the database is properly configured, then a single query will return the ID information for all applicants for whom the oaths were scheduled before that date. This just looks like the IRCC again trying to show that it is working hard on something when in fact it is doing very little.
Well, yeah. I agree. It shouldn't be hard to write a simple query that will return the UCI, First Name, Last Name, Application Number and the ceremony invitation date from their database.

It is what it is, I guess. We'll simply have to roll with the punches :) .

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
Problem is that he belongs from a country which is considered bit problematic in the eyes of Canadian government. Once some one told me, Canadians generally don't like Pakistanis. I laughed it out at that time but after spending 12 years here, I think I agree with that person. In most cases, even people of Pakistan do not like Pakistan and Pakistanis. :)

Try getting your Canadian passport ASAP, since future political changes can further make the process bit harder for the people of Pakistan.
Your delay in citizenship might be applying after 12 years, not being a Pakistani for sure, I my self from Pakistan and ever other Pakistani I know never had a problem getting it citizenship.
Goodluck

netflixtrialps

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Hello,

Yesterday, I received email from Scarborough office saying I have to submit my passport copy or travel documents and they told me to mail it to them in 30 days with that letter.

I have already mailed them, and they will get it by Monday.

1. Does anyone know what is the next step and how much time it can take?
2. I was living in Dubai, and my passport has a some in-out visa stamp in Arabic. Will they ask me to send it again with translation to English? Will this delay the process?

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hello,

Yesterday, I received email from Scarborough office saying I have to submit my passport copy or travel documents and they told me to mail it to them in 30 days with that letter.

I have already mailed them, and they will get it by Monday.

1. Does anyone know what is the next step and how much time it can take?
2. I was living in Dubai, and my passport has a some in-out visa stamp in Arabic. Will they ask me to send it again with translation to English? Will this delay the process?
Any document submitting to cic for review needs to be in English/French. Start translating before delaying further and send it again.

AC1974

Mar 8, 2010
Our process is finally over.

We are Canadian Citizens!!!!

Application sent: February 2019
AOR: April 2019
FP request: May 2019
Test: January 2020
FP request: Sep 2020
Oath invite: August 4 2021
Oath Taking: August 23, 2021

Please kindly update the spreadsheet and thank you very much to all.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

Wow, that took a very long while! Congratulations and all the very best!

Reactions: AC1974

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016

vow... COngrats...
1 year without any updates after FP.... :rolleyes:
Also i want to see that officer who issued oath invite without bugging you with additional FP for 2021(close to the expiry).... Seems to be an active officer who is diligent ;)

netflixtrialps

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
I don't think the dates in English is enough. Unless every detail is in English and Arabic, you probably need to translate
No need to translate Dubai entery/exit stamps. I submitted my colour passport copies without translation. After submitting my passports copies I got the following email.

After providing colour photocopies of my passport, I got an email:

INVITATION TO AN INTERVIEW WITH A CITIZENSHIP OFFICIAL AND VERIFICATION OF IDENTITY/DOCUMENTS

To attend the citizenship interview over Microsoft Teams, you will need:
 Two (2) pieces of identification with your photo and signature. These should be the identification documents submitted with your application (i.e. provincial/territorial identification documents).
 All your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form).
 Permanent resident card (if you have ever received one).
 All original passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired).
 A computer or tablet with a working webcam. You can’t use your mobile phone for this session.
 A Microsoft Teams application or a compatible browser. (Please refer to the consent form for further details on
how to access Microsoft Teams.)
 A reliable internet connection that is fast enough to facilitate videoconferencing. Public networks, such as those
in cafés, should not be used to access
Microsoft Teams for your videoconference.

Can anyone tell me how is the experience with an interview? I read in the form somewhere that some people got this invitation, but on the date of the interview, their interview was cancelled.

Reactions: zaij87

zaij87

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No need to translate Dubai entery/exit stamps. I submitted my colour passport copies without translation. After submitting my passports copies I got the following email.

After providing colour photocopies of my passport, I got an email:

INVITATION TO AN INTERVIEW WITH A CITIZENSHIP OFFICIAL AND VERIFICATION OF IDENTITY/DOCUMENTS

To attend the citizenship interview over Microsoft Teams, you will need:
 Two (2) pieces of identification with your photo and signature. These should be the identification documents submitted with your application (i.e. provincial/territorial identification documents).
 All your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form).
 Permanent resident card (if you have ever received one).
 All original passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired).
 A computer or tablet with a working webcam. You can’t use your mobile phone for this session.
 A Microsoft Teams application or a compatible browser. (Please refer to the consent form for further details on
how to access Microsoft Teams.)
 A reliable internet connection that is fast enough to facilitate videoconferencing. Public networks, such as those
in cafés, should not be used to access
Microsoft Teams for your videoconference.

Can anyone tell me how is the experience with an interview? I read in the form somewhere that some people got this invitation, but on the date of the interview, their interview was cancelled.
good luck with the interview. hope all will go well.
i am almost in the same boat as you, just waiting after sending my PP copies in august.

Reactions: netflixtrialps

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019