Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2015
AOR Received.
21-11-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
Is someone waiting for the test to happen ? i was schedule for a test on March 16th 2020. i got an email on 13th or may be 14th march stating it would be cancelled due to COVID. and no updates ever since. was wondering if anybody is going through the same.

Kambs16

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
This is update recieved from IRCC by my MP office. Anyone with any idea what "immigration verifications" means and anyone who ever received anything and how long it could take till oath

We can provide you with the following details about the status of the application for a Citizenship Adult Grant for XXXXXX

• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on XX, 2018.
  • The application is considered non-routine due to the following reason:
    • the file is under review because it requires further verifications. Rest assured that the responsible office will inform the applicant, if they have to provide further details.
  • The criminality verifications are currently valid.
  • The security verifications are currently valid.
  • The immigration verifications are in process.
  • The file was transferred to the XXXX IRCC office for continued processing of the application. This office will schedule an appointment for the applicant in due course, if necessary.
  • Because the application is non-routine, there is no specific processing timeto finalize it. Rest assured that all efforts are being made to ensure efficient processing of the application.
    • Should they need to travel using a commercial carrier during this time, they should ensure they hold a valid permanent resident card.
  • If the application is approved:
    • the next step is to wait for the ceremony appointment. At the ceremony, the applicant will take the oath and receive their citizenship certificate.
  • If the application is refused:
    • a refusal letter will be sent to the applicant to inform them of the decision, and
    • the Right of Citizenship Fee will be refunded.

mfaisalm.ch

Dec 11, 2013
Here is my time line:

Application Received: 28 Feb 2019
FP: 9 July 2019
Citizenship Test: 10 Feb 2020
Virtual oath: October 9, 2020 :)

Reactions: EUK

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
Here is my timeline:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 5, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 27, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on April 18, 2019.
From 2019 it is still in Process. My PR card will expire in Jan 2021. Should I renew the card? If I do renew then will it conflict with my application?

What should I do? Should I call them or send a Web Question? What’s the helpline number?
Go ahead and renew your PR card. No link to your citizenship applications. Rather, do it sooner than later. Who know how long will this test/oath may take.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Guys, there is an update on IRCC website that specifically requests applicants whose oath ceremonies were cancelled in March because of COVID-19 to send a request through webform. This might speed up the process a little bit and you might receive your oath invite if you contact them.

Here's what it says :

Contact us through the Web form if you

• had a ceremony scheduled on or before March 15, 2020, and
  • haven’t received an invitation for a video oath ceremony.
Here's the link : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

Choose the following options :

1. What did you apply for? = Citizenship
2. Which citizenship application? (required) = Becoming a Canadian Citizen (grant of Citizenship)
3. Click on 'Video oath ceremony (virtual citizenship ceremony)'

mrrobot

Star Member
Apr 14, 2019
Hi guys,

I applied in Feb 2019, still waiting for test invite. Sent a webform in November 2020 they gave generic response. I called them again last week she said your file is in Test ready status, have some patience. She said its been test ready approximately 6 months now. I requested her to inform my local office, she was rude and replied: they know its been two year, I will not notify them.
Same day I sent out another webform.

anybody else waiting for test invite from Feb 2019?

Interstellaraliens

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Hi guys,

I applied in Feb 2019, still waiting for test invite. Sent a webform in November 2020 they gave generic response. I called them again last week she said your file is in Test ready status, have some patience. She said its been test ready approximately 6 months now. I requested her to inform my local office, she was rude and replied: they know its been two year, I will not notify them.
Same day I sent out another webform.

anybody else waiting for test invite from Feb 2019?
I was told my file has been test ready too but I guess it's one of their tricks to get people off the phones

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
This is update recieved from IRCC by my MP office. Anyone with any idea what "immigration verifications" means and anyone who ever received anything and how long it could take till oath

We can provide you with the following details about the status of the application for a Citizenship Adult Grant for XXXXXX

• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on XX, 2018.
  • The application is considered non-routine due to the following reason:
    • the file is under review because it requires further verifications. Rest assured that the responsible office will inform the applicant, if they have to provide further details.
  • The criminality verifications are currently valid.
  • The security verifications are currently valid.
  • The immigration verifications are in process.
  • The file was transferred to the XXXX IRCC office for continued processing of the application. This office will schedule an appointment for the applicant in due course, if necessary.
  • Because the application is non-routine, there is no specific processing timeto finalize it. Rest assured that all efforts are being made to ensure efficient processing of the application.
    • Should they need to travel using a commercial carrier during this time, they should ensure they hold a valid permanent resident card.
  • If the application is approved:
    • the next step is to wait for the ceremony appointment. At the ceremony, the applicant will take the oath and receive their citizenship certificate.
  • If the application is refused:
    • a refusal letter will be sent to the applicant to inform them of the decision, and
    • the Right of Citizenship Fee will be refunded.
Hi,

I think the immigration verifications are done by IRCC and these are valid for 1 year. Criminality verifications (RCMP) are also valid for 1 year but the security verifications are valid for 4 years. Good luck.

Fallen_Warrior

May 16, 2013
whats the problem with that?
Problem is that he belongs from a country which is considered bit problematic in the eyes of Canadian government. Once some one told me, Canadians generally don't like Pakistanis. I laughed it out at that time but after spending 12 years here, I think I agree with that person. In most cases, even people of Pakistan do not like Pakistan and Pakistanis. :)

Try getting your Canadian passport ASAP, since future political changes can further make the process bit harder for the people of Pakistan.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Problem is that he belongs from a country which is considered bit problematic in the eyes of Canadian government. Once some one told me, Canadians generally don't like Pakistanis. I laughed it out at that time but after spending 12 years here, I think I agree with that person. In most cases, even people of Pakistan do not like Pakistan and Pakistanis. :)

Try getting your Canadian passport ASAP, since future political changes can further make the process bit harder for the people of Pakistan.
The worst part is that the intelligent immigration system approves PR without any problem and people are in the system very closely than ever for another 3-5 years(in some cases more than 6-10 years) and yet immigration officers suddenly find them as a new born where immigration officers cant find more information about the candidates hence they make the application pending till they make up their mind.

Its unacceptable and stupidity and deliberate from some of the officers to delay even one applicant on the basis of country origin because these intelligent guys approved PR and delaying citizenship is total nonsense.
I dont think there is a problem with the rules or over the whole dept. Its just due to some officers for sure who dont want to approve some applications(or else PR wouldnt have been approved by the same department).