+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2019 Applicants are stuck in limbo. Help create a Twitter trend so IRCC can take note/action.

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019
Hi all,

Based on updates as posted in various forums (and Facebook groups), looks like IRCC is not following a true Queue model. So many 2019 applicants are in Oath Ready status and IRCC continues to invite 2020 and in some cases 2021 applicants for oath while leaving 2019 applicants in limbo.

Looks like its a part of IRCC tactics to show some fake statistics of performance so they can show that they processed many applications within 1 year timeframe or with some delay. This is at the cost of 2019 and early 2020 applications, these applications are already delayed so apparently IRCC does not see any incentive in taking these applications thru.

Please re-tweet, Quote Tweet, Like this Tweet at Twitter.

Also include #2019CitizenshipApplicantsMatter in your tweet and do tag @CitImmCanada @marcomendicino

Hope some sensible soul at IRCC takes cognizance of this.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi all,

Based on updates as posted in various forums (and Facebook groups), looks like IRCC is not following a true Queue model. So many 2019 applicants are in Oath Ready status and IRCC continues to invite 2020 and in some cases 2021 applicants for oath while leaving 2019 applicants in limbo.

Looks like its a part of IRCC tactics to show some fake statistics of performance so they can show that they processed many applications within 1 year timeframe or with some delay. This is at the cost of 2019 and early 2020 applications, these applications are already delayed so apparently IRCC does not see any incentive in taking these applications thru.

Please re-tweet, Quote Tweet, Like this Tweet at Twitter.

Also include #2019CitizenshipApplicantsMatter in your tweet and do tag @CitImmCanada @marcomendicino

Hope some sensible soul at IRCC takes cognizance of this.
I am disappointed that few people are interacting with this [by the time of this post, this thread was viewed by 60 people, with no interaction!!]. The tweet also has very few interactions compared to the number of complaints in these forums. We immigrants are the problem. We are passive. Afraid. Want things without a fight. IRCC won't budge if we don't make a noise. They would care. Not about us, but about their reputation. Join and increase the momentum. It doesn't matter if you are not 2019 applicant. It's for the greater good. To let IRCC know we cannot accept anything they do to us. We immigrants matter. We are central to Canada's future. We came to Canada for freedom of expression as one thing, and it's our right. Express your dissatisfaction.

Dr Nonsky

Feb 9, 2016
I am disappointed that few people are interacting with this [by the time of this post, this thread was viewed by 60 people, with no interaction!!]. The tweet also has very few interactions compared to the number of complaints in these forums. We immigrants are the problem. We are passive. Afraid. Want things without a fight. IRCC won't budge if we don't make a noise. They would care. Not about us, but about their reputation. Join and increase the momentum. It doesn't matter if you are not 2019 applicant. It's for the greater good. To let IRCC know we cannot accept anything they do to us. We immigrants matter. We are central to Canada's future. We came to Canada for freedom of expression as one thing, and it's our right. Express your dissatisfaction.
People are scared of being victimized by IRCC I think.

Reactions: Lamis

nate1074

Star Member
Jul 21, 2021
Becoming a Canadian citizen (grant of citizenship)
Last updated: October 19, 2021
We’re still accepting new applications for citizenship.
We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between
July 7 and 13, 2019 ?
If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.

so what are we supposed to believe ?

Reactions: Macarad

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Still no enough support. Like, retweet, or comment for outreach. Each like, retweet or comment will ping IRCC because it's mentioned. They will take notice. Also, the minister of immigration is tagged.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
This is a Feb 2021 application, non urgent who received their oath invitation. They applied after me by 15 months, and I am still waiting my oath after 24 months of me applying, while they finished their process in just 9 months. I expect my application will take another 8 months, because it's with the worst office on Earth, the Montreal office.

RECENT UP DATES: 19 Oct. 2021

Nov 5, 2021

Scheduled for Citizenship oath

Citizenship ceremony

Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on November 5, 2021. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.

God is great. wish all my friends to good luck.

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
Becoming a Canadian citizen (grant of citizenship)
Last updated: October 19, 2021
We’re still accepting new applications for citizenship.
We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between
July 7 and 13, 2019 ?
If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.

so what are we supposed to believe ?
My response to them would be "show us the numbers..."...but their open data spreadsheets does not show when people applied. I have been reviewing the monthly data on citizenship applications. I believe they dropped the ball when they ramped up the citizenship tests. According to IRCC's own website, they have the capacity to do around 5000 tests per week now. So, since earlier this year, over 20,000 people per month take the test. At the same time, only around 10,000 per month become citizens... this has created a bottleneck for oath ceremonies.

My guess (and it's really just a guess...) is that they are favouring people with newer applications to satisfy a given processing metric like " XXX percentage of applications were finalized within 12 months" or something like that. Unfortunately, we are already outside of that metric, so it does not really matter if ours takes longer... it's already late anyway, so why bother with us? =(

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
My response to them would be "show us the numbers..."...but their open data spreadsheets does not show when people applied. I have been reviewing the monthly data on citizenship applications. I believe they dropped the ball when they ramped up the citizenship tests. According to IRCC's own website, they have the capacity to do around 5000 tests per week now. So, since earlier this year, over 20,000 people per month take the test. At the same time, only around 10,000 per month become citizens... this has created a bottleneck for oath ceremonies.

My guess (and it's really just a guess...) is that they are favouring people with newer applications to satisfy a given processing metric like " XXX percentage of applications were finalized within 12 months" or something like that. Unfortunately, we are already outside of that metric, so it does not really matter if ours takes longer... it's already late anyway, so why bother with us? =(
Correct. Also, between March 2020 and December 2020 there was no progress at all, while they kept receiving 20,000 applications a month. They accumulated around 200,000. This was the first backlog. Then their slow processing has made the backlog to snowball over time. What do expect when each oath ceremony host 30-50 people, and it's done once or twice a week?

What they care about is what to do to show they are doing good? They ignored 2019 applications, and started with late applications, to meet their targets for 2020 and 2021, as you have guessed. We are mere numbers for their advantage only. We don't exist as humans to them.

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
Another potential request (even if they dont listen to us) is to push for in-person ceremonies to resume. Federal employees must be vaccinated and practically every government agency (local, provincial or otherwise.... even Service Canada) is offering in-person services.
They can't seriously think that virtual oath ceremonies are sustainable into the future..... what are they waiting for?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Another potential request (even if they dont listen to us) is to push for in-person ceremonies to resume. Federal employees must be vaccinated and practically every government agency (local, provincial or otherwise.... even Service Canada) is offering in-person services.
They can't seriously think that virtual oath ceremonies are sustainable into the future..... what are they waiting for?
They allow full capacity at the Bell center in Montreal with a capacity of 20K+, but God forbid they allow in-person ceremonies for a 100 people, the world will explode.

asterixfanboy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2021
Everywhere from games to cinema halls everywhere they are using the vaccine proof and admitting people.. i am surprised why they havent started doing oaths after checking vaccination status. Book a stadium or an arena... where you can accommodate 1000+ people... have entry points where people can show their oath invitation, UCI number and then Vaccination certificates. Do a mass oath and clear the backlog..