+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

auracreates

Aug 15, 2013
Hey guys - haven't heard/received a test invite. My application was received in March (AOR on Mar 12), got a request for fingerprint in Aug which I submitted the very next day (I used the IRCC webform to confirm it was received and they responded in September that it was received).

Haven't heard anything since?

Anyone else experiencing this long of a timeline?

Lindsy77

Jan 12, 2018
Congrats for all those who hit the finish line
I will appreciate it if some one answer my question
We are family of 4, did our test on 24 October, right after the test date, the main applicant only got “Decision Made” whereby the rest of family members are still in process
No invitation to oath ceremony as of yet

Appreciate if you can shed some light on this situation
Thanks in advance

Longroadtoimmigration

Sep 19, 2018
App. Filed.......
September 19th 2018
Interview........
I rebuke it ijn
LANDED..........
I shall testify
Hey guys - haven't heard/received a test invite. My application was received in March (AOR on Mar 12), got a request for fingerprint in Aug which I submitted the very next day (I used the IRCC webform to confirm it was received and they responded in September that it was received).

I had same experience I got my test invite within 10 days of sending webform.
You w8ill get it sooner than u think

Reactions: auracreates

jenniannet

Jun 3, 2018
If your doing it in Edmonton then we will be there doing it too!

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 22, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 12, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on May 24, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on May 24, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on September 24, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 31, 2018 at 12:15 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. We sent you a notice on November 7, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 18, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact

aman gill

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 6 2013
AOR Received.
May 14 2013
Med's Done....
May 2 2013
Passport Req..
Aip - 28 jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dm- 25march 2014
LANDED..........
23 April 2014
Hey guys i sent my application in feb and i did my citizenship exam yesterday in surrey British Columbia do u guys have any ideas how long it takes to get oath ceremony after you pass test ??

izqfre

Dec 10, 2013
Montreal

Hi aura, this my progress
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 9, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 29, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on May 31, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on July 13, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on November 5, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on December 11, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

aman gill

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 6 2013
AOR Received.
May 14 2013
Med's Done....
May 2 2013
Passport Req..
Aip - 28 jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dm- 25march 2014
LANDED..........
23 April 2014
Hey guys i sent my application in feb and i did my citizenship exam yesterday in surrey British Columbia do u guys have any ideas how long it takes to get oath ceremony after you pass test ??
Plz help
Beacause im traveling back home in January thts y im stuck now.

auracreates

Aug 15, 2013
Hi aura, this my progress
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 9, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 29, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on May 31, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on July 13, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on November 5, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on December 11, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Thanks! I guess December will be my month for receiving the test invite judging by your timeline!

Reactions: izqfre

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Plz help
It's hard to predict for any one 100% time line

Normally it takes minimum 20-30 days to get an oath date after citizenship exam. Time can vary if backgrounds checks are pending

Did you check below timeline in file to compare your timeline ?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UVvKb4Sem00uOCyB2kTeM2_AofgT_8b4uTJyBh9pXdg/htmlview?sle=true&pru=AAABZ0G6QXA*kfFZCgHQ-w5dhfpMrYbOcQ#gid=1316748968

Hope that help

Good Luck

Last edited:

jenniannet

Jun 3, 2018
Plz help
It will be 4 months 1 day between our test date and citizenship ceremony. But i know of others who sat test same day as us who had their ceremony the next month and others who sat test after us that have had their ceremony already ‍♀♀♀. Seems its depends which officer you get to how quickly it’s processed