+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Feb 2015 citizenship applicants

baron

Jul 10, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
When did you apply for citizenship?
Do you have the original application form with you?
If yes, do check if there is a consent section which states about giving CIC consent to access CBSA records.
If yes, then cic will access your cbsa records by themselves.

If you are non-US citizen then you can check your entries and exits quickly using the following link:

When i ordered my FOIA records, I was just provided with entry records for USA.
I applied in Feb 2015, I already gave cic content to access my CBSA records.
The problem is i94 travel history, the exit records were not incorrect.
so I just updated my foia request, I ordered entry records only.

Thanks for the information you provided, it's very useful.

Passion2015

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
How many people are still in "received status" whose application was sent in Feb...

My timeline
Sent on Feb 16
Rec Feb 19
AOR April 11
status as of today "received"

Is it not more then average time that my application is still in received status?

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Passion2015 said:
How many people are still in "received status" whose application was sent in Feb...

My timeline
Sent on Feb 16
Rec Feb 19
AOR April 11
status as of today "received"

Is it not more then average time that my application is still in received status?
Really should not be the case it should have updated given your AoR was in April, have you tried ordering an ATIP to see if anything new has happened on your file?

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
So I finally received my ATIP report today and at least I am able to trace how each section takes to a degree.

So as one can see as per my timeline I received my AoR on 11th March 2015 and my file was marked as In Process on 16th June 2015.

As per my recent ATIP report :

On 16th June 2015 CPC Sydney marked my paper file as 'In Transit' at 12:12:09 so my paper file was in the process of transferring close to my local office.
On 30th June 2015 Scarborough Citizenship Operations marked my paper file as 'In Registry' at 07:15:03.

The only note CPC-Sydney included in my file was C1 - Exception , a little bit of research mentioned the following as Triage Criteria or Risk Indicators :

Quote TRIAGE CRITERIA / RISK INDICATORS
- Applicant Characteristics:
A1 - Use of a suspect residential address.
A2 - NCB in FOSS, Warning or Note(s) in GCMS indicating a concern.
A3 - Previous citizenship applications which were not approved, withdrawn, abandoned, renounced or revoked.
A4 - Discrepancy in absences between citizenship application and CIC information during the relevant 4 years period.
A5 - Self-identified as a consultant, self-employed or unemployed, with any travel during the relevant 4 year period.
A6 - Absences to home country to sell land/property or to take care of ill family member during the relevant 4 year period.
A7 - Applicant has self declared having less than 1095 days of physical presence.

- Family Characteristics:
B1 - Child born outside Canada during the relevant 4 year period.
B2 - A child has made a non-concurrent minor application.

- Documents:
C1 - ID (provided in support of application) has been issued within 3 months of date of application.
C2 - Inconsistency between address on ID and address on application form.
C3 - Photograph and/or signature on the application do not resemble photograph and/or signature on identity document.
C4 - NPR time (non permanent resident time) has been used in the calculation of basic residence and the original entry data used does not appear on the IMM 1000, the Confirmation of Permanent Residence or in CIC records.

My Driver's License had took longer to be renewed a new one was issues on Jan 11th 2015, I application was received by CIC on Feb 2nd so the C1 indicator of one of the provided ID's being issued within 3 months of date of application is true, though I am not sure if it means deeper scrutiny to be done or just a point for the next officer to check more on.

Of all the criterias only Criminality has been marked as Passed

I see based on activity entry the the two types of Criminality clearances are CIT RCMP Screening and CIT CSIS Clearance both batches were sent out on 11th June 2015, so I believe CPC Sydney initiates these as my file was still in Sydney at this stage and they updated my status to In Process on 16th June.

The Criminality Section was marked as Passed on 17th July 2015.

The only extra point to note is that they added St. Clair CIC as my Secondary Office on 30th June 2015.

So here is where the time on my file was spent in Summary so far :

File Transfer from Sydney to Scarborough 16th June till 30th June - 14 Days
Criminality Check - Started by Sydney Office before File Transfer (Initiated on 11th June - Marked as passed on 17th July) - 37 days

So Criminal checks is the section that so far looks to be the most time and can vary from 1 to 2 months alone, before other sections are looked at least for my file. I guess it will be another month before the others are looked at so hopefully a test invite late Sep or early Oct.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
baron said:
I applied in Feb 2015, I already gave cic content to access my CBSA records.
The problem is i94 travel history, the exit records were not incorrect.
so I just updated my foia request, I ordered entry records only.

Thanks for the information you provided, it's very useful.
When travelling by land, the exit dates are not always recorded properly on i94. Please check the following link which explains the same:
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/752/.../i-still-have-my-i-94

Also, check the following link and read information under "I-94 FAQs"

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/

Lumumba

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2014
File Transfer...
26-02-2014
Med's Done....
04-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2014
LANDED..........
27-07-2014
Hello samreentariq,
Thank you for sharing the info, Your application seems to be proceeding well. The "C1 - Exception" you have seems normal and there is nothing to worry about.
I am pretty sure you will get your test invite soon.
Keep calm, smile and good luck.

TomTony

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Samreentariq, I never knew those ID are so important and will be checked like that, I sent Ontario Health Card and Alberta driving licenses :D

akheya

Dec 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Samreentariq, our timelines r similar. I hope I hear something soon too. Mine still says in process though

baron

Jul 10, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
When travelling by land, the exit dates are not always recorded properly on i94. Please check the following link which explains the same:

Also, check the following link and read information under "I-94 FAQs"
Thanks sam. did foia send you hard copy or pdf report?
Foia deadline for my case is 14 Aug, but the the status still shows 'assignment',
one month is not enough.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
baron said:
Thanks sam. did foia send you hard copy or pdf report?
Foia deadline for my case is 14 Aug, but the the status still shows 'assignment',
one month is not enough.
I got it in pdf format. Did you create a FOIA account? If yes then you would get the records in pdf format after logging into the account.

I ordered FOIA for my personal records and i got it in less than 20 days. For some people in this forum it took less than a week to get the records and for some people it took many months.
I hope you will get your records soon.

Also, when is your test?

Please share your timeline.

wilpham

May 19, 2015
Just a quick update guys. had test today at Scarborough location, 19/20. Interview was approx 5 minutes. I told the officer that I dont have the original copies of my application ( application forms, residence calculator sheet...), she said it's ok. She also said expect oath in 2-4 months.

Gluck to the rest of us are waiting for test/oath.

p/s: App received on Feb 19, started processing May 6 (Mississauga), Test on Aug 13 (Scarborough).

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
wilpham said:
Just a quick update guys. had test today at Scarborough location, 19/20. Interview was approx 5 minutes. I told the officer that I dont have the original copies of my application ( application forms, residence calculator sheet...), she said it's ok. She also said expect oath in 2-4 months.

p/s: App received on Feb 19, started processing May 6 (Mississauga), Test on Aug 13 (Scarborough).
congratulations :)

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
wilpham said:

Congrats

baron

Jul 10, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
I got it in pdf format. Did you create a FOIA account? If yes then you would get the records in pdf format after logging into the account.

I ordered FOIA for my personal records and i got it in less than 20 days. For some people in this forum it took less than a week to get the records and for some people it took many months.
I hope you will get your records soon.

Also, when is your test?

Please share your timeline.
thanks, sam,
My timeline:
Sent on Feb 16
Rec Feb 19
AOR April 12
Test Aug 28