+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Feb 2015 citizenship applicants

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Checked ecas. Decision made. Already. Wow.

Hopefully oath notice will wait until my return to Canada.

USNick

Apr 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
AOR Received.
20-03-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
18-07-2011
Passport Req..
12-08-11
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
Ecas was updated yesterday to say that they'd mailed me my oath invitation on August 5 for the ceremony in Kitchener on August 28.

Very excited, although I will be happier when I actually have that letter in my hands...as there aren't yet any ceremonies in Kitchener listed on the CIC website past August 20, and all the ones that I've seen before then have always been on a Thursday (August 28 is a Friday). Perhaps they have a different summer schedule.

USNick

Apr 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
AOR Received.
20-03-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
18-07-2011
Passport Req..
12-08-11
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
I did indeed get my actual letter in the mail today inviting me to take the oath of citizenship in Kitchener on August 28.

Just to add to the pool of information about the process: my Ecas update letting me know about the oath invitation was the first update I'd had since the LOT transfer line disappeared back in June. There was never an Ecas update for me about the test invitation; I just received it in the mail. Also, the oath ceremony to which I'm invited was exactly within the timeframe offered by the agent during my interview after the test. Actually, she said that she expected that I might get to take the oath by the end of August, but more probably in September. I'm grateful to have been on the early side of her guess.

Thank you to all who contribute to this forum. Without your help and the information provided here, it's not an exaggeration to say that I might not be looking at citizenship right now at all.

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
USNick said:
I did indeed get my actual letter in the mail today inviting me to take the oath of citizenship in Kitchener on August 28.

Just to add to the pool of information about the process: my Ecas update letting me know about the oath invitation was the first update I'd had since the LOT transfer line disappeared back in June. There was never an Ecas update for me about the test invitation; I just received it in the mail. Also, the oath ceremony to which I'm invited was exactly within the timeframe offered by the agent during my interview after the test. Actually, she said that she expected that I might get to take the oath by the end of August, but more probably in September. I'm grateful to have been on the early side of her guess.

Thank you to all who contribute to this forum. Without your help and the information provided here, it's not an exaggeration to say that I might not be looking at citizenship right now at all.
Congrats

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Update on my wife's application:
She took the test at CIC-London on Aug 7, 2015, passed with perfect score, interview was short and was told she would get the oath sometime in October.

TIMELINE
25-Feb-2015: CIC received application
20-Mar-2015: Email AOR
23-Apr-2015: In-process (E-Cas)
16-Jun-2015: File transfer (E-Cas)
20-Jul-2015: Test letter received (dated 16-Jul-2015)
07-Aug-2015: Test taken at London

PS: 2015 February Spreadsheet is little ruined.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
USNick said:

Congratulations.

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Rossei said:
Update on my wife's application:
She took the test at CIC-London on Aug 7, 2015, passed with perfect score, interview was short and was told she would get the oath sometime in October.

TIMELINE
25-Feb-2015: CIC received application
20-Mar-2015: Email AOR
23-Apr-2015: In-process (E-Cas)
16-Jun-2015: File transfer (E-Cas)
20-Jul-2015: Test letter received (dated 16-Jul-2015)
07-Aug-2015: Test taken at London

PS: 2015 February Spreadsheet is little ruined.
Congrats

akheya

Dec 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Everyone who got their test/oath invites.

Mississauga office is soo stagnant, comee on!

baron

Jul 10, 2015
Anyone knows how to contact CBSA and get Canada's entry/exit record?
I already contacted foia but have not got US entry/exit record yet.

I am afraid CIC will ask Canada's record as well, so if I do it in advance, it will save my waiting time.

baron

Jul 10, 2015
Kess said:
Sorry for the delayed response. As thecoolguysam said, make sure you set up an account and don't make the request as a quest.

The links to create an account and make a request are on the right. If you select make a request you will have the option to create an account on the second page.

US Customs and Border is the agency and the type is entry/exits.
We put $25 in the "will pay up to" field but there was no charge (FOIA requests for yourself I believe are free but you have to put something in that box).

For description we just started that we wanted our entry/exit records from Sept 2011 to June 2015 and provided the passport number. We also scanned the bio page (the one with the picture and passport number) and attached it to the request.

Hopefully it will be fast for you too!
Hi Kess,

I requested entry/exits record, now 28 days passed, foia has not released my record.
I have crossed US/Canada border one time. US' entry record is fine, my question is how foia can provide my exit record ?
because I returned my I94 form to CBSA. that means US should not have my land exit record.

Your husband crossed US border many times, did you also request exit record?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
baron said:
Anyone knows how to contact CBSA and get Canada's entry/exit record?
I already contacted foia but have not got US entry/exit record yet.

I am afraid CIC will ask Canada's record as well, so if I do it in advance, it will save my waiting time.
If you have given the consent in the initial citizenship application for cic to access your cbsa records, then cic will access your cbsa records themselves.

By the way, why do you need CBSA records or USA CBP FOIA records? Is it for personal reference to cross check your entries?

baron

Jul 10, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
If you have given the consent in the initial citizenship application for cic to access your cbsa records, then cic will access your cbsa records themselves.

By the way, why do you need CBSA records or USA CBP FOIA records? Is it for personal reference to cross check your entries?
I heard cic had asked someone to provide cbsa records, it's weird,
I also believe cic could access my cbsa records themselves, maybe it's not real story.

I need foia records for test interview, just in case cic will ask me to provide foia records like kess. i could hand my record out right away, then I don't need to wait any more.

I crossed US/Canada border once, how do you think about exit record that I mentioned on kess post?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
baron said:
I heard cic had asked someone to provide cbsa records, it's weird,
I also believe cic could access my cbsa records themselves, maybe it's not real story.

I need foia records for test interview, just in case cic will ask me to provide foia records like kess. i could hand my record out right away, then I don't need to wait any more.

I crossed US/Canada border once, how do you think about exit record that I mentioned on kess post?
When did you apply for citizenship?
Do you have the original application form with you?
If yes, do check if there is a consent section which states about giving CIC consent to access CBSA records.
If yes, then cic will access your cbsa records by themselves.

If you are non-US citizen then you can check your entries and exits quickly using the following link:

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/

When i ordered my FOIA records, I was just provided with entry records for USA.