Feb 2015 citizenship applicants

John_Dorry

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ocanadao said:
do we need a valid passport on the test date? since my daughter's passport is about to expired. i dont know if i need to renew it or not? any suggestion?
Nothing says that your actual passport has to be valid on the test day. But it is specified that you have to take with you all your passports (valid and expired).

Dont worry about that, it should be ok. To me, its not necessary to renew it, unless you have to travel outside the country.

Good luck with your test !

ocanadao

Mar 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
John_Dorry said:
Nothing says that your actual passport has to be valid on the test day. But it is specified that you have to take with you all your passports (valid and expired).

Dont worry about that, it should be ok. To me, its not necessary to renew it, unless you have to travel outside the country.

Good luck with your test !
Thanks, John. I haven't received my test date yet

tumokbaris

Apr 15, 2015
I got the invitation for the exam by mail!
It says they send it on 21st of July, but the ecas still shows "In Process"

so, we can say that On-Line Services can be a little(!) behind sometimes. CHECK YOUR MAILBOXES PEOPLE! I hope all of you will get good news soon.
:)

My updated timeline is as follows:
1-Application sent on February 5, 2015.
2-Received on March 9, 2015.
3-Status "In Process" on ECAS since May 5, 2015.
4-Invitation for exam was sent by CIC on 21st of July, 2015
5-Exam on 10th of August, 2015

febqq1986

Jul 5, 2015
tumokbaris said:
I got the invitation for the exam by mail!
It says they send it on 21st of July, but the ecas still shows "In Process"

so, we can say that On-Line Services can be a little(!) behind sometimes. CHECK YOUR MAILBOXES PEOPLE! I hope all of you will get good news soon.
:)

My updated timeline is as follows:
1-Application sent on February 5, 2015.
2-Received on March 9, 2015.
3-Status "In Process" on ECAS since May 5, 2015.
4-Invitation for exam was sent by CIC on 21st of July, 2015
5-Exam on 10th of August, 2015
Same Here ! received invitation by mail, test date 17th of Aug, no update on ecas yet.
Vancouver

ocanadao

Mar 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got yellow for test today, but ecas still shows transferred.
I applied with my minor kid, will I receive anything for her?

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ocanadao said:
Got yellow for test today, but ecas still shows transferred.
I applied with my minor kid, will I receive anything for her?
I didn't receive any notice for my kids either. I realize they don't have to take the test. Wondering if they have to attend the interview, though.

John_Dorry

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aspat said:
I didn't receive any notice for my kids either. I realize they don't have to take the test. Wondering if they have to attend the interview, though.
No invitation for kids (<14 years)

No obligation to attend the test / interview

Dont forget, while you write the test, kids are not alowed to be with you..

YG

Mar 5, 2015
cedarjet said:
My 4th line changed from we sent u a letter 8th june for test, to we sent u a letter 5th june for the test.

I actually received my test letter email on june 8th but my letter is dated june 5th.

Weird
Hello!
I just had a couple of questions if you don't mind.
I did my test last Wednesday, following that there was a short interview where the lady asked me some basic questions but then she said she hasn't had time to look at my dossier yet and if she needed more papers she will send me a letter.
it's been a week now and I haven't heard from them, my ecas hasn't changed either.
Did they give you more information after your interview?

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
YG said:
Hello!
I just had a couple of questions if you don't mind.
I did my test last Wednesday, following that there was a short interview where the lady asked me some basic questions but then she said she hasn't had time to look at my dossier yet and if she needed more papers she will send me a letter.
it's been a week now and I haven't heard from them, my ecas hasn't changed either.
Did they give you more information after your interview?
They say Oath invitation is 2 or 4 months after exam, in between while they check on your file if they feel something is missing they can issue either an RQ or a Fingerprint request, at this stage all you can do is wait and keep checking your snail mail box.

baron

Jul 10, 2015
samreentariq said:
They say Oath invitation is 2 or 4 months after exam, in between while they check on your file if they feel something is missing they can issue either an RQ or a Fingerprint request, at this stage all you can do is wait and keep checking your snail mail box.
Hi samreenariq,

I am curious that you landed in July 2012, how can you apply for citizenship in Jan 2015? it's less than 3 years.
In addition, did you request atip recently? if so, what's your progress?

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
baron said:
Hi samreenariq,

I am curious that you landed in July 2012, how can you apply for citizenship in Jan 2015? it's less than 3 years.
In addition, did you request atip recently? if so, what's your progress?
I came to Canada as a student in Aug 2005 to study at University Of Windsor, completed 4 year Bachelors degree and moved to TO on the 3 year work permit you get after graduation to work, through the ups and downs of getting experience a company finally was impressed by my work ethic and sponsored me through PNP, the date is actually 7th October 2012, so I got one year Pre-PR credit having stayed in Canada from Aug 2005 till 2012 and after I became PR via PNP I spent the next 2 years here giving me the 3 out 4 based on the old rules required.

baron

Jul 10, 2015
samreentariq said:
I came to Canada as a student in Aug 2005 to study at University Of Windsor, completed 4 year Bachelors degree and moved to TO on the 3 year work permit you get after graduation to work, through the ups and downs of getting experience a company finally was impressed by my work ethic and sponsored me through PNP, the date is actually 7th October 2012, so I got one year Pre-PR credit having stayed in Canada from Aug 2005 till 2012 and after I became PR via PNP I spent the next 2 years here giving me the 3 out 4 based on the old rules required.
oh, i see.
good luck.

akheya

Dec 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's my story sameertariq. Although I left country for 2 1/2 hrs right after pr, then back stayed worked and my PR expired. Had to renew it now waiting for citizenship test date or status change from in process to transfered or something

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
baron said:
oh, i see.
good luck.
Thanks for the kind words baron best of luck on your journey too. I did request an ATIP last month I have not received any updates on it yet, just got an email stating that they cannot print the file, the issue is supposed to be resolved by end of July, so other than than I have no updates on my ATIP request.