-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
akheya said:
That's my story sameertariq. Although I left country for 2 1/2 hrs right after pr, then back stayed worked and my PR expired. Had to renew it now waiting for citizenship test date or status change from in process to transfered or something
Hey akheya,

Our timelines are similar as well In Process effectively means a hand off from Sydney over to your local Office and then the local office starts all the checks, at this point based on each individual and Local office situation and load times can vary from short to extreme, all i can say is try to be patient as I am and try to focus and enjoy life and occasionally check in, or in my case try to help others in this forum :). You can see my file was transferred to Local Office on 16th June as it is summer I honestly don't expect much progress if any till mid or late September hopefully October on close to my 3 year anniversary on becoming PR I will test invite (if earlier it will make me happy) but just my guess. Then if the current trend continues 4 months on would mean Jan 2016 for Oath or even Feb 2016.

YG

Mar 5, 2015
samreentariq said:
They say Oath invitation is 2 or 4 months after exam, in between while they check on your file if they feel something is missing they can issue either an RQ or a Fingerprint request, at this stage all you can do is wait and keep checking your snail mail box.
thank you so much for your help, ecas has changed to decision made...

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
YG said:
thank you so much for your help, ecas has changed to decision made...
Congrats

malabadi

Feb 11, 2015
samreentariq said:
1) Yes you still see 'In process' in the first page

2) If you are going away for more than 2 weeks you need to call and let CIC know, you could get a test letter and it will appear via snail mail, they do not send email notifications (There is a thread where so far only 2 candidates mentioned receiving Test Invite via E-Mail but this seems to be a very rare case so far and I have not seen other people mention this, might be something done for one particular local office).
Thanks for the response, I will be away for 15 days and I am planning to call CIC about that, what is the exact phone number for such issues?

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
I need an advise, my test is tomorrow. Also my family immigration is done and my wife and daughter got visa. I need go get them at the end of August (2 weeks out of Canada).

Now the ticket prices are going up every day, should I wait tomorrow to see how it goes before buying my tickets or I can buy right now knowing that (as most people are saying) oath is after 2 to 4 months of test. I will be back in mid September so it will be a little over 1 month from my test date.

Also I changed my address from 1st August as needed a bigger house. I updated my address online as advised by agent on phone but it still show my old address. How long does it take to show new address ? or should I call them again ?

Thanks

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
pardesifr said:
I need an advise, my test is tomorrow. Also my family immigration is done and my wife and daughter got visa. I need go get them at the end of August (2 weeks out of Canada).

Now the ticket prices are going up every day, should I wait tomorrow to see how it goes before buying my tickets or I can buy right now knowing that (as most people are saying) oath is after 2 to 4 months of test. I will be back in mid September so it will be a little over 1 month from my test date.

Also I changed my address from 1st August as needed a bigger house. I updated my address online as advised by agent on phone but it still show my old address. How long does it take to show new address ? or should I call them again ?

Thanks
To answer the question regarding the address update, if you have used e-cas to update your address, i think it takes around 5 business days for the address to update.
Also once you go for the test tomorrow, please let the CIC officer know about your new address during the interview.

Good luck and best wishes for your test!

spiker79

Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
24-02-2015
File Transfer...
April2015
Med's Request
7th Dec 2015
Med's Done....
02-11-2014, 02-06-2015
Interview........
**Recommend Interview Waiver**
Passport Req..
DM: 24 Mar 2016 PPR 4 April 2016
VISA ISSUED...
6 April 2016, PPT Back 8 April 2016
LANDED..........
21 April 2016
I am Feb 15 applicant of Mississauga office.
I see that Mississauga office has not even finish with Jan applicant.
Is Mississauga office sleeping?
I see all other offices are ahead atleast 2-3 months.

pandudada

Jun 17, 2015
Hi,

Finally received the Yellow Letter to appear for TEST on Aug 21.
The letter is dated July 28. ECAS also updated with the same information.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 19, 2015.

2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 13, 2015.

3.We started processing your application on May 6, 2015.

4.On July 28 we sent you a letter to appear for citizenship test on Aug 21 at Scarborough office.

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
Just to let you know that I passed my Test yesterday (Montreal) all went well ;D If you read the book and do some quiz on Android free App, you will be fine, I only had doubt on couple of questions.

Agent told me that it will take from 2 to 4 month to get the date for Oath if everything is good in my file.

I am good with it as I have to go get my family at the end of the month and will be absent for 2 weeks (she did asked me to advise the CIC for the dates I will be out of country in case they send me an appointment)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
pardesifr said:
Just to let you know that I passed my Test yesterday (Montreal) all went well ;D If you read the book and do some quiz on Android free App, you will be fine, I only had doubt on couple of questions.

Agent told me that it will take from 2 to 4 month to get the date for Oath if everything is good in my file.

I am good with it as I have to go get my family at the end of the month and will be absent for 2 weeks (she did asked me to advise the CIC for the dates I will be out of country in case they send me an appointment)
congratulations :)

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
pandudada said:
Hi,

Finally received the Yellow Letter to appear for TEST on Aug 21.
The letter is dated July 28. ECAS also updated with the same information.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 19, 2015.

2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 13, 2015.

3.We started processing your application on May 6, 2015.

4.On July 28 we sent you a letter to appear for citizenship test on Aug 21 at Scarborough office.
Congratulations

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Had my test and interview today at Scarborough. Test was easy. Done in less than 5 mins with a 20/20 score.

Interview was pretty smooth. (Everybody including the security personnel was very friendly, I'm delighted to add). Documents like NOA, property tax, sale deed of house, health history, CBSA report, UAE entry exit report, various translations, tickets, boarding passes, etc. though in my possession were not required. When I volunteered to show the passport stamp translation, the lady brushed it aside saying it wasn't required. After a cursory glance through my current passport she gave it back to me. She only looked at my PR card for verifying my identity and not the health card and driving licence. Turned out to be a damp squib after months of getting the documents ready for this day. But all is well that ends well and overall, I'm very happy.

The only questions she had were about my activities during the day (when she heard I was a homemaker) and details about my husband's job though he himself isn't an applicant. She seemed quite taken aback that he'd voluntarily relinquished his PR status and is currently on work permit. Saw her write 'no concerns' and also said I can expect the oath notice in 2 months. She made a note of my vacation dates when I mentioned it. Not sure if I have to phone the call centre too.

Thoroughly relieved that it's all behind me now.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Aspat said:
Had my test and interview today at Scarborough. Test was easy. Done in less than 5 mins with a 20/20 score.

Interview was pretty smooth. (Everybody including the security personnel was very friendly, I'm delighted to add). Documents like NOA, property tax, sale deed of house, health history, CBSA report, UAE entry exit report, various translations, tickets, boarding passes, etc. though in my possession were not required. When I volunteered to show the passport stamp translation, the lady brushed it aside saying it wasn't required. After a cursory glance through my current passport she gave it back to me. She only looked at my PR card for verifying my identity and not the health card and driving licence. Turned out to be a damp squib after months of getting the documents ready for this day. But all is well that ends well and overall, I'm very happy.

The only questions she had were about my activities during the day (when she heard I was a homemaker) and details about my husband's job though he himself isn't an applicant. She seemed quite taken aback that he'd voluntarily relinquished his PR status and is currently on work permit. Saw her write 'no concerns' and also said I can expect the oath notice in 2 months. She made a note of my vacation dates when I mentioned it. Not sure if I have to phone the call centre too.

Congratulations on passing the test :)

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Aspat said:

Congratulations.

csqmjj

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo , Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
it is vacation time.