Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
For the time being best of luck to everyone in Feb batch.

tumokbaris

Apr 15, 2015
Update:
I passed the test, 19/20. It is really easy, don't stress about it, just make sure that you read the booklet a couple of times. It took me about 6-7 minutes to complete and I was the 2nd person to hand my answeres to the agents.
Of course do not rush to complete the test early it but if you do complete and hand it back to the agents early, as they check the results right away and give it to interviewer next room right away, it means that everything is faster for you and you won't have to wait long.

interview and checking the documents part was only 5 minutes over a nice small conversation. She said "Everything is fine by me, expect the invitation for the oath." She says "in 2 to 4 months."

Right now ECAS shows "Decision Made"

Good luck everyone. I'll update when I receive a letter from CIC.

tumokbaris said:
I got the invitation for the exam by mail!
It says they send it on 21st of July, but the ecas still shows "In Process"

so, we can say that On-Line Services can be a little(!) behind sometimes. CHECK YOUR MAILBOXES PEOPLE! I hope all of you will get good news soon.
:)

My updated timeline is as follows:
1-Application sent on February 5, 2015.
2-Received on March 9, 2015.
3-Status "In Process" on ECAS since May 5, 2015.
4-Invitation for exam was sent by CIC on 21st of July, 2015
5-Exam on 10th of August, 2015

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
tumokbaris said:
Update:
I passed the test, 19/20. It is really easy, don't stress about it, just make sure that you read the booklet a couple of times. It took me about 6-7 minutes to complete and I was the 2nd person to hand my answeres to the agents.
Of course do not rush to complete the test early it but if you do complete and hand it back to the agents early, as they check the results right away and give it to interviewer next room right away, it means that everything is faster for you and you won't have to wait long.

interview and checking the documents part was only 5 minutes over a nice small conversation. She said "Everything is fine by me, expect the invitation for the oath." She says "in 2 to 4 months."

Congrats

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
tumokbaris said:
Update:

Congratulations :)

malabadi

Feb 11, 2015
samreentariq said:
So I finally received my ATIP report today and at least I am able to trace how each section takes to a degree.

So as one can see as per my timeline I received my AoR on 11th March 2015 and my file was marked as In Process on 16th June 2015.

As per my recent ATIP report :

On 16th June 2015 CPC Sydney marked my paper file as 'In Transit' at 12:12:09 so my paper file was in the process of transferring close to my local office.
On 30th June 2015 Scarborough Citizenship Operations marked my paper file as 'In Registry' at 07:15:03.

The only note CPC-Sydney included in my file was C1 - Exception , a little bit of research mentioned the following as Triage Criteria or Risk Indicators :

Quote TRIAGE CRITERIA / RISK INDICATORS
- Applicant Characteristics:
A1 - Use of a suspect residential address.
A2 - NCB in FOSS, Warning or Note(s) in GCMS indicating a concern.
A3 - Previous citizenship applications which were not approved, withdrawn, abandoned, renounced or revoked.
A4 - Discrepancy in absences between citizenship application and CIC information during the relevant 4 years period.
A5 - Self-identified as a consultant, self-employed or unemployed, with any travel during the relevant 4 year period.
A6 - Absences to home country to sell land/property or to take care of ill family member during the relevant 4 year period.
A7 - Applicant has self declared having less than 1095 days of physical presence.

- Family Characteristics:
B1 - Child born outside Canada during the relevant 4 year period.
B2 - A child has made a non-concurrent minor application.

- Documents:
C1 - ID (provided in support of application) has been issued within 3 months of date of application.
C2 - Inconsistency between address on ID and address on application form.
C3 - Photograph and/or signature on the application do not resemble photograph and/or signature on identity document.
C4 - NPR time (non permanent resident time) has been used in the calculation of basic residence and the original entry data used does not appear on the IMM 1000, the Confirmation of Permanent Residence or in CIC records.

My Driver's License had took longer to be renewed a new one was issues on Jan 11th 2015, I application was received by CIC on Feb 2nd so the C1 indicator of one of the provided ID's being issued within 3 months of date of application is true, though I am not sure if it means deeper scrutiny to be done or just a point for the next officer to check more on.

Of all the criterias only Criminality has been marked as Passed

I see based on activity entry the the two types of Criminality clearances are CIT RCMP Screening and CIT CSIS Clearance both batches were sent out on 11th June 2015, so I believe CPC Sydney initiates these as my file was still in Sydney at this stage and they updated my status to In Process on 16th June.

The Criminality Section was marked as Passed on 17th July 2015.

The only extra point to note is that they added St. Clair CIC as my Secondary Office on 30th June 2015.

So here is where the time on my file was spent in Summary so far :

File Transfer from Sydney to Scarborough 16th June till 30th June - 14 Days
Criminality Check - Started by Sydney Office before File Transfer (Initiated on 11th June - Marked as passed on 17th July) - 37 days

So Criminal checks is the section that so far looks to be the most time and can vary from 1 to 2 months alone, before other sections are looked at least for my file. I guess it will be another month before the others are looked at so hopefully a test invite late Sep or early Oct.
Thanks for the update, I have a similar timeline without any update since late May. I am just curious how many criteria do they have, and how do we know those? How did you estimate that checking the rest would take another month?

Rehmanpk

Star Member
Apr 2, 2011
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2010
Nomination.....
17-11-2010
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
IELTS Request
Exampted
Med's Request
07-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
November 2011
LANDED..........
Jan 2012
Hi folks,
I have received my Citizenship test date (2015-08-26) through e-case but I did not received a letter by mail. How do I notify to CIC about the test letter? How I prepare for the test?

Rehmanpk

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
malabadi said:
Thanks for the update, I have a similar timeline without any update since late May. I am just curious how many criteria do they have, and how do we know those? How did you estimate that checking the rest would take another month?

As per ATIP you are evaluated on the following subcategories :

ASSESSMENTS

Knowledge: Not Started

Residence: Not Started

Language: Not Started Parentage: Adoption:

Armed Forces:

Prohibition: Not Started

Security•

Criminality:

Waiver:

Misrepresentation: Hearing:

Final:

Oath: Not Started

CIT Effective Date:

Discretionary Grant: N

You should order an ATIP to see the status of your files and what assessments are done for you, people who have received test close to my timeline for a few weeks before from the timethey went to in process to test date is about 2 months and a week so just a rough guess from there it can take longer.

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
So...7 months later I have a test invite. They sent the letter on Aug. 7 to invite me to the test in Edmonton on Aug. 28.

I have a sneaking suspicion that if I pass the test (and the formal scrutiny of an officer checking my documents) I will probably get my oath on the same day (since the other office in the province is giving oath invites on that same day)...but I doubt it.

It will be bittersweet, however, because my family (the step-kids) all live in Calgary and want to watch me take the oath...but in Calgary. They are too stubborn to realize that CIC is not a business, they are the government and we go by their schedule. They should know this (they are Canadians by birth).

Anyone who can help me make my family listen...feel free to let me know.

SAHSAN

Jun 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
John_Dorry said:
Decision made, Ecas updated this morning... :eek:
John Dorry mine also says decision made for some weeks now but no update in the details and no oath invitation. Have you got yours?

John_Dorry

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SAHSAN said:
John Dorry mine also says decision made for some weeks now but no update in the details and no oath invitation. Have you got yours?
Not yet... I'll let you know when I have ! I hope it will be this week...

malabadi

Feb 11, 2015
samreentariq said:
As per ATIP you are evaluated on the following subcategories :

ASSESSMENTS

Knowledge: Not Started

Residence: Not Started

Language: Not Started Parentage: Adoption:

Armed Forces:

Prohibition: Not Started

Security•

Criminality:

Waiver:

Misrepresentation: Hearing:

Final:

Oath: Not Started

CIT Effective Date:

Discretionary Grant: N

You should order an ATIP to see the status of your files and what assessments are done for you, people who have received test close to my timeline for a few weeks before from the timethey went to in process to test date is about 2 months and a week so just a rough guess from there it can take longer.
Ok, thanks for that. how long did it take to receive ATIP in your case?

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
malabadi said:
Ok, thanks for that. how long did it take to receive ATIP in your case?
processing time for ATIP is 30 days, depending on circumstances or issues they face it could be longer.

plus

Star Member
Nov 16, 2014
Congratulations tumokbaris.
Indeed good job on the test!
Hope you get your oath invite soon

Plus

tumokbaris said:
Update:

Maverick2k4

May 28, 2008
Hi All,

Finally I've got the test invite for Aug 31.

Can somebody tell me what resources did you guys use to prepare the test besides the Discover Canada book?

Thanks!

febqq1986

Jul 5, 2015
Passed the test today 18/20 Vancouver
interview about 20 minutes
Told to wait for mail in around 3 months

So nothing left but wait now....