Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
Maverick2k4 said:
Hi All,

Finally I've got the test invite for Aug 31.

Can somebody tell me what resources did you guys use to prepare the test besides the Discover Canada book?

Thanks!
Citizenship counts.ca has free apps for practice...

shandymoo

Sep 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
AOR Received.
17-02-11
File Transfer...
09-02-2011
Med's Done....
21-12-2010
Passport Req..
20-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2011
LANDED..........
27-05-2011
I'm annoyed...
I live in the GTA
I mailed my application to sydney nova scotia february 11th
Got an emailed AOR document March 17th
Ecas doesn't work for me tried client ID, application number, receipt number, nothing works just says it can't be found!
I have a routine application, applied 9 months after having enough days to qualify, I'm Caucasian born in England UK.
People who applied after I did already took their tests and I have yet to hear anything! So ridiculous considering the money you pay for all this! I got my PR Visa very quickly in 3 months!

I have a couple of questions...
How much advance notice do they give you in the letter with your test date? I don't want to get the letter and be booked for a test a few days later, I have to study still!
Also where abouts do you go for this test, if I live in the GTA? Thanks.

Christine32

Star Member
Sep 3, 2009
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2009
Doc's Request.
14-10-2009
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
IELTS Request
29-01-2010
File Transfer...
14-10-2009
Med's Request
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
10-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2011
LANDED..........
19-May-2011
Has anyone from Calgary received the test invite yet?
I am happy for everyone who is already done with the test but it is so annoying that with almost the exact same timeline we haven't received anything yet and our ecas only shows that they started to process the application at the end of April. (There used to be a line there that file has been transferred to the Calgary office on May 8 but that line later disappeared.)

Congrats to everyone whose process has already moved on!

Nainarvet

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Shandymoo,

Your frustration is understandable. Re: eCAS, I don't know why is it not working for you? I hope you would have entered your last name exactly as in the passport. If yes, then try calling CIC call center to see if this eCAS issue can be sorted out.

Re: processing time, it varies between visa offices and we still see Feb 2015 applicants getting their file transfers and test invites. So, there is no need to panic. Just to get an idea of the approximate timeline, please compare with GTA applicants in this forum to see where the GTA visa office is with respect to applications received in February. As I am not from GTA, I can't comment on the exam location. Re: notice period, people usually get 2-3 weeks notice before the exam. In case if you get your eCAS to work, sometimes (but not always) you can get heads up for test invite and oath invite, so you would know that you're expecting a mail in the next few days.

I wish you hear about your test invite very soon!

shandymoo said:
I'm annoyed...
I live in the GTA
Ecas doesn't work for me tried client ID, application number, receipt number, nothing works just says it can't be found!
I have a routine application, applied 9 months after having enough days to qualify, I'm Caucasian born in England UK.
People who applied after I did already took their tests and I have yet to hear anything! So ridiculous considering the money you pay for all this! I got my PR Visa very quickly in 3 months!

How much advance notice do they give you in the letter with your test date? I don't want to get the letter and be booked for a test a few days later, I have to study still!

WaitingForPR_09

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
January 2011
Checked my status today after a month and there is no change in the status... :( :( :(

Below is the line that I see in e-Cas which is same as a month ago. Today I have submitted the request for ATIP. The status does not tell me which local office my file is being transferred to. Is this normal? Anyone else has same line in their status?

"Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on June 23, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you."

I did go out of Canada for 3 weeks vacation in Jun and did not inform them about the visit. Could this be a reason for delay?

WaitingForPR_09 said:
Checked my status today and file was transferred to local office on 23-June. :) :) :) But don't know which office. :( :( :(

Below is the line that I see in e-Cas. Is this normal? How do I know which office have they transferred my file to? ::)

"Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on June 23, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you."

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
shandymoo said:
I'm annoyed...
I live in the GTA

GTA has three locations, it depends on which office is closer to your residence but as GTA offices are slammed by backlogs you could be transferred to another office to write your exam. The 3 offices in GTA is St Clair, Mississauga and Scarborough. The Test notice is sent via snail mail and you are given around 2 weeks notice. So if you get a mail today it would mention your test date as 3rd September as an example.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Rossei said:
Update on my wife's application:
She took the test at CIC-London on Aug 7, 2015, passed with perfect score, interview was short and was told she would get the oath sometime in October.

TIMELINE
25-Feb-2015: CIC received application
20-Mar-2015: Email AOR
23-Apr-2015: In-process (E-Cas)
16-Jun-2015: File transfer (E-Cas)
20-Jul-2015: Test letter received (dated 16-Jul-2015)
07-Aug-2015: Test taken at London

PS: 2015 February Spreadsheet is little ruined.
Unfortunately, my wife received an RQ (Request for Supplementary Evidence) today (letter dated 12-Aug-2015). Here's 3 docs they requested:

1) Any passport valid/expired, that were valid between 2011-10-06 and 2015-02-20. You must provide a colour photocopy of every page.
Note: All PP stamps/entries, including visas and permits, must be translated to English/French.

Q: She has only 2 entry/exit stamps on her 2 passports that are partly in Arabic (given in UAE) since we traveled from Canada to Bangladesh via UAE. Do we have to translate these? Everything else is in English.

2) Provincial Personal Health Claim Summary
Q: How long does it take?

3) Entry-exit records/ record of movement from USA for the period Oct 2011 - Feb, 2015.
Note: A full entry-exit record is required. Providing I-94 form travel history only will be considered incomplete.

Q: How long does FOIA online request take?

She was given 30-day (8 days already passed just to receive the letter) period to comply. Otherwise she should call CIC.

Surprisingly, when she had her interview on Aug 7 at CIC-London, the interviewer never bothered to ask anything about her residency. All she talked about was what she does etc. She only had few trips to US with me (some are not included as they are day trips). She was even told that she would get her oath in mid-October.

I would really appreciate if someone can answer my questions. Thanks.

akheya

Dec 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Rossei

I cannot answer all questions, but # 1, yes you need to get that arabic stamps translated which are from UAE. i am from UAE, i translated everystamp on my passwort to be on safe side.

Also i called CIC to see my file status, still nothing mailed out to me and is in process not even transfered to local office. they just keep saying ur local office will contact you, you should study discover canada book.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
akheya said:
Hello Rossei

I cannot answer all questions, but # 1, yes you need to get that arabic stamps translated which are from UAE. i am from UAE, i translated everystamp on my passwort to be on safe side.

Also i called CIC to see my file status, still nothing mailed out to me and is in process not even transfered to local office. they just keep saying ur local office will contact you, you should study discover canada book.
How did you do that? Did you have to contact certified translator? I couldn't find any online here in Sarnia.

csqmjj

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo , Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Evasive shows now
6-We sent you correspondence on August 19, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Could be a fingerprint request??

hany_sams

Star Member
Mar 20, 2010
I got the same line added to ecase... I have passed test in July....We sent you correspondence on August 19, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Asking experts what docs might be required?