+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Winner01

Feb 6, 2020
Hello everyone, please I have a question.

Is it possible to claim years of foreign working experience while in school?

Here's the thing. I have recently done the ECA of 2 MSc degrees, one MSc was completed in 2016, the other was completed in August 2018.
However, I've been working since I completed the 2016 MSc. So right now, can I claim 3+ years of working experience OR can I claim just 1 year working experience from my last degree in August 2018?

Ddouglas1982

Aug 19, 2019
If you want someone to guide you through every step of the process, then you'll need to hire an immigration lawyer to help you. If you want to do it yourself, you'll need to spend time reading through the information on the government web sites.

Detailed information on how to apply for Express Entry is here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

Information about the Alberta PNP program is here:

https://www.alberta.ca/ainp.aspx

g.neha

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Hi,

I know question related to PCC and Medical may have been asked several times, however, I would really appreciate if someone can clear my doubts.

I stay in USA and my husband is a primary applicant. From past 3 weeks he is on a business tour in India. Before he left USA, we got the PCC clearance certificate from Indian Consulate and fingerprinting sent to FBI, received the clearance certificate within an hour. Now my doubts are:

1) For Police Certificate in USA : Can the same FBI electronic letter( pdf copy) in black and white ink be uploaded in the PR application?
Somewhere, I read PCC should be scanned in color.

2) For Medical Exam : Can he give his medical exam in India instead of USA ? He wont be coming to US for 2 more weeks and our application submission deadline is nearing.

Any leads on the above question is highly appreciated.

Last edited:

NoelPillay

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
4021, 2282
Hello guys/moderators here. I'm stuck with my work experience, Before EE eligibility i need to first qualify under the Minimum Requirements i.e. 4-5 yrs experience so i can get 68/100 in the FSW.
I'm 37, Bachelor Degree, with language 8,7,7,7. Will the break up below constitute the 4-5 yrs experience. Please help guys.....I was working in NOC 4021 between

1) Feb 2012 – Nov 2015 (1st company: employee/ full time) 3yrs 9 month
2) Jan 2016 – April 2016 (2nd company- contract/full-time/9hr-5 days per week.) 4 months
3) Sep 2016 - Sep 2016 (5 day contract/ 9hrs): I know this is good as nothing

Total Years in NOC 4021: 4 yrs 1 month

Need your help...please

Apoorva_1987

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Sep-2019
IELTS Request
12-Nov-2019
URGENT !!

I had submitted my profile on December 2019. Today I logged in to check something and found all my submitted information is lost. I only see the created on date. The profile says

" Days left to submit - 5 "

How did this happen? Has anyone faced this issue? How I resolve it? What does this mean?

Also if someone could share the CIC helpline number and email, it would be very helpful.

NoelPillay

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
4021, 2282
REPOST. PLZ HELP

Hello guys/moderators here. I'm stuck with my work experience, Before EE eligibility i need to first qualify under the Minimum Requirements i.e. 4-5 yrs experience so i can get 68/100 in the FSW.
I'm 37, Bachelor Degree, with language 8,7,7,7. Will the break up below constitute the 4-5 yrs experience. Please help guys.....I was working in NOC 4021 between

1) Feb 2012 – Nov 2015 (1st company: employee/ full time) 3yrs 9 month
2) Jan 2016 – April 2016 (2nd company- contract/full-time/9hr-5 days per week.) 4 months
3) Sep 2016 - Sep 2016 (5 day contract/ 9hrs): I know this is good as nothing

Total Years in NOC 4021: 4 yrs 1 month

Need your help...please

andres3210

Oct 26, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
01-06-2016
Thanks for the amazing work done in this thread !!!

Luwassa

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends
Hope all is well in here. I have a situation that I would love to get some ideas on how to go about.
I came to Canada on LMIA exempt work permit in September 2017. I am Group Home Worker and my NOC is 4212. In June 2019, I created a express entry and obtained 495 points. I was invited to apply and submitted the application in August 2019. Recently I got a refusal letter from the officer stating the reason of refusal that he/she was not satisfied that I had the Canadian Work experience I claimed in my profile “did not demonstrate that you acquired one year of qualifying Canadian work experience”. I wonder what that means because with my application I submitted;
1. Both work permits, the initial one and extended one
2. Both initial and second contracts.
3. A letter from employer of which same was used to apply for work permit extension.

Did I miss something there that could have been important to reverse the decision?

I will appreciate your help

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Does this mean Job offer letters? Cause I have my previous employers' job offer letter but they didn't provide me with a letter when I left. The manager I used to work under has resigned as well, so not sure what to do :(
Reference letters. Reference letters are mandatory for the jobs you are claiming CRS points for. If you have 3 or more years of experience in your current company, you can go ahead and mention only the current company in the work history section (but you must disclose all activities in the personal history section). This way, you would only have to upload the reference letter for your current company.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello,

I got ITA today under CEC. I have one doubt regarding submit application. Actually I started working in canada under NOC B in March 2019 and I got ITA in Feb 2020. Technically, I haven't completed 12 months. Should I wait until march 2020 or should I decline invitation.
You should decline your ITA. The tool that IRCC uses has been having this issue ever since the Express entry process started in 2015.

Even though you don't 'actually' have 12 months, you still get the ITA. That is, you get the ITA in the 11th month.

If I were you, I'd decline the ITA, wait until you 'actually' complete 12 months and accept the ITA in the upcoming draw.

zaid.ahmed23

Oct 30, 2019
Hi,

I know question related to PCC and Medical may have been asked several times, however, I would really appreciate if someone can clear my doubts.

I stay in USA and my husband is a primary applicant. From past 3 weeks he is on a business tour in India. Before he left USA, we got the PCC clearance certificate from Indian Consulate and fingerprinting sent to FBI, received the clearance certificate within an hour. Now my doubts are:

1) For Police Certificate in USA : Can the same FBI electronic letter( pdf copy) in black and white ink be uploaded in the PR application?
Somewhere, I read PCC should be scanned in color.

2) For Medical Exam : Can he give his medical exam in India instead of USA ? He wont be coming to US for 2 more weeks and our application submission deadline is nearing.

Any leads on the above question is highly appreciated.

Hello,

1. For USA PCC, I remember uploading the PDF document I received in my email. That shouldn't be a problem. The Indian PCC document has a signature in green color, for which it should be scanned in color.

2. I was in a similar situation as you last year and was confused as well. I did my medical exam in the US and my spouse did it in India. Find out the medical exam center online that's approved by IRCC. Once the exam is completed, the results are uploaded online. I explained the situation in the Letter of Explanation while submitting the final documents.

I didn't face any issues with the processing of the documents. I hope that solves any questions you have. ALL THE BEST!

Reactions: ALAADIK

g.neha

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Hello,

1. For USA PCC, I remember uploading the PDF document I received in my email. That shouldn't be a problem. The Indian PCC document has a signature in green color, for which it should be scanned in color.

2. I was in a similar situation as you last year and was confused as well. I did my medical exam in the US and my spouse did it in India. Find out the medical exam center online that's approved by IRCC. Once the exam is completed, the results are uploaded online. I explained the situation in the Letter of Explanation while submitting the final documents.

I didn't face any issues with the processing of the documents. I hope that solves any questions you have. ALL THE BEST!

Thanks so much ! Another question is regarding Indian PCC :

I visited India in Jan 2020 for 3 weeks after I received Indian PCC in December 2019. I can submit the same PCC right ? I mean, a lot of people in this forum have mentioned : please apply for a new PCC,, the old gets invalid, why do we need a new PCC if we haven't stayed in India for 6 months ?

Appreciate if you can revert back.

Neha

Reactions: ALAADIK

zaid.ahmed23

Oct 30, 2019
Thanks so much ! Another question is regarding Indian PCC :

I visited India in Jan 2020 for 3 weeks after I received Indian PCC in December 2019. I can submit the same PCC right ? I mean, a lot of people in this forum have mentioned : please apply for a new PCC,, the old gets invalid, why do we need a new PCC if we haven't stayed in India for 6 months ?

Appreciate if you can revert back.

Neha

Hello Neha,

I don't feel a new PCC is required just because you traveled to India in January. If I am not mistaken an Indian PCC is valid for 6 months (please confirm online). As long as it's not expired, you should be good. You can check the below thread as well. Since you were in India for less than 6 months when you traveled, new Indian PCC isn't required.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/validity-of-indian-police-clearance-certificate-is-this-true.610036/

Best Wishes,
Zaid.

Reactions: g.neha

g.neha

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Hello Neha,

I don't feel a new PCC is required just because you traveled to India in January. If I am not mistaken an Indian PCC is valid for 6 months (please confirm online). As long as it's not expired, you should be good. You can check the below thread as well. Since you were in India for less than 6 months when you traveled, new Indian PCC isn't required.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/validity-of-indian-police-clearance-certificate-is-this-true.610036/

Best Wishes,
Zaid.
Appreciate this information.

Jeet94

Apr 8, 2018
Hello all. I have a query with respect to this, Here is a description of the same:

Work experience gained in India-

I have 1 year 9 months experience in NOC skill level A-1122 (management consulting)

I also have 1 year 6 months experience in NOC skill level A- 1111 (financial accounting and auditing)

Can I combine my work experience and state it for 3 years although it has different NOC codes but same NOC skill level so as to claim the points under foreign work experience?

Will this affect my express entry primary occupation part?

I would really appreciate it if someone can help me out with this.