+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Validity of Indian Police Clearance Certificate - Is this true?

peace365

Star Member
May 22, 2014
I found the following info on Indian PCC. Any thoughts on that?

Validity of Indian Police Clearance Certificate

There is NO expiry date mentioned on the Indian police clearance issued by Indian consulate.

The common guideline is that it is valid indefinitely for the purpose of submitting for USA Green card interview and other country’s immigration.

The only exception is that you should have NOT moved back to INDIA and stayed there for 6 months or more. If you have gone back to India after the issuance of the last Indian PCC, and stayed there for more than 6 months (182 days), then you need to get a NEW Police clearance certificate.

Here is the link - https://www.am22tech.com/indian-police-clearance-certificate/

Shikta

Star Member
May 14, 2018
I found the following info on Indian PCC. Any thoughts on that?

Validity of Indian Police Clearance Certificate

There is NO expiry date mentioned on the Indian police clearance issued by Indian consulate.

The common guideline is that it is valid indefinitely for the purpose of submitting for USA Green card interview and other country’s immigration.

The only exception is that you should have NOT moved back to INDIA and stayed there for 6 months or more. If you have gone back to India after the issuance of the last Indian PCC, and stayed there for more than 6 months (182 days), then you need to get a NEW Police clearance certificate.

Here is the link - https://www.am22tech.com/indian-police-clearance-certificate/
Hi,
I am not sure if it has got anything to do with returning to India and staying there - from what I have read on various forums, a PCC is valid for six months from the date of issue.

peace365

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Shikta.. Yes, the PCC is valid for 6 months only when applied from the country in which you currently reside. However, if an Indian living in US and have PCC issued from Indian consulate, then it's validity will stretch beyond 6 months.

Shikta

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Shikta.. Yes, the PCC is valid for 6 months only when applied from the country in which you currently reside. However, if an Indian living in US and have PCC issued from Indian consulate, then it's validity will stretch beyond 6 months.
Agreed - in the case where the applicant is not residing in India (or any country for that matter where stay was over 6 months after turning 18), even if the PCC has expired, it can be included in the application, if there is not enough time to get a fresh one. The officer may ask for a fresh one later, but at least one won't need to decline the invitation.

Jassijavy

Dec 22, 2021
Good morning everyone.
What should I put in expiry date? Actually, I did not go back to India but pcc was issued on 12/06/2021. Now, I am trying to upload pcc to prtaland it is asking me for expiry date.

Reactions: gurleen pannu

Deep809

Jul 16, 2019
Good morning everyone.
What should I put in expiry date? Actually, I did not go back to India but pcc was issued on 12/06/2021. Now, I am trying to upload pcc to prtaland it is asking me for expiry date.

I am having the same case. Can you advise if it worked for you?