+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

maplezone

Mar 2, 2015
Hey everyone,

I was going through the checklist and found that I need to submit the Police clearance certificate for the person being sponsored as a spouse for spousal immigration, however when I was looking at the procedure to get the PCC from Saudi , canada.ca website says:

Do I need to provide a police certificate with my application for permanent residence? No. We will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You must bring that letter when you apply for a police certificate.

A police certificate request letter will be sent to you by mail after your application for Permanent Residence has been received. You must present this letter, along with valid identification and proof of legal residency in Saudi Arabia to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. If they approve you, the letter will give you the address to the police headquarters where you must go and apply in person.

If your application is being processed at the Canadian High Commission in London, you are not required to get a police certificate until the London visa office sends you a police certificate request letter with instructions on how to apply
. ”

Now, it’s a bit confusing .. whether I should send the PCC along with the spousal immigration application or I should wait until the London Visa office asks for it ? It’s confusing because the checklist says that the PCC should be submitted with the application.

Secondly, could someone share the procedure for getting the PCC from Jeddah ( for Pakistani National ) ?

Courtesy: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/saudi-arabia.html

Ikedichukwua

Jan 13, 2020
Gud PM great people.

Please I have an interesting question to ask.

I have some money in my acct which I wish to use for my POF.

For how long must this money stay in my account before I should submit my eAPR. I have an ITA already.

Thanks in anticipation for your reply

i-DA

Feb 3, 2020
Good day!

Anyone here who experienced using NOC 2171 for ITSM (IT Service Management) or ITIL based jobs?
I am having a hard time choosing the proper NOC code. My current position is Major Incident Manager wherein I manage major outages for network or IT infrastructure related incidents via conference calls or meetings with the stakeholders, service delivery managers, or any IT concerned provider. The main goal is to restore the service as quickly as possible thus preventing business impact.

Thanks in advance.
I am working as an Incident Manager too and need assistance with the NOC code and Job responsibilities.

ariajoker

Feb 1, 2020
Hi Everyone, I have a question regarding the work experience.
I've worked part-time (20 hours per week) from Jan 2015 to September 2016. Does it count as one year work experience? Since it equals to around 1600 hours continues work experience. Or because it's less than 24 months, I won't be eligible?

Tara755

Nov 27, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I actually done my assessment through IcES and approved it as Three years diploma post secondary and i am confused is that goes under two or more certificates. Please help me am so confused

Atunde

Feb 5, 2020
Sir, I need advice before start my application process.

My WES ECA report carried date of birth that different to my passport and other official documents.

I have written WES and they told me that only my institution can write them for change and my institution as make it clear to go and do affidavit which I have done that they can't write WES.

I need advice on how to go about it and I don't want to be discourage. I need help from those who have similar experiences on how they resolve it and migrate to Canada.

Thanks

Atunde

Atunde

Feb 5, 2020
Dear Forum People,

I need your professional advice. I want to start my application process but I have one challenge which requires professional advice.

I have my WES ECA report and have date of birth different to my passport and other official documents. I have written to WES and they said only my institution can write them for review. My institution said they can't mail WES that I should get affidavit which I have done

Can I go ahead with my application with error or what should I need to know. If there is anybody with this similar issue, how is the person resolve to migrate to Canada.

I need guidance and advice. I am new to this platform and process.

Thanks

Atunde.

Feb 5, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
I don't know the immigration program that will suit me and my family, i am a registered land surveyor in Nigeria with over 9 yrs experience and my wife work with insurance for 9 yrs too. Advice and assist

minhazzz

Feb 5, 2020
Dear All,

Request your help/guidance/suggestion.

I want to apply for the express entry, and I am ready with my IELTS score & ECA report. But I am confused with the below queries of mine:

1. I took education loan in India during my 2 year MBA programme in 2016. I am regularly paying my EMIs currently. But still 90% of the amount is remaining. So, do I have to settle/clear my loan before migrating to Canada? And will it be a road block in getting Canadian PR?

2. I have my ECA report done only for masters degree (2yr full time MBA from IIM). And the report says it is equivalent to 1 year master degree of Canada. I have heard that express entry application asks for the highest qualification. So, can I apply for express entry without the ECA for my Bachelors degree.

3. I am presently working in a large IT company in India for the past 1.8 years. My job is to sell IT products & services to prospects/clients. So, my occupation is categorized under which NOC - 0, A or B in the past 10 years?

Thank you in advance for your time and effort.

Regards,

akhil39245

Aug 19, 2013
Windsor
Category........
Visa Office......
Banglore
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-05-2017
Doc's Request.
12-05-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
17-05-2017
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
29-05-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2017
LANDED..........
22-08-2017
Hello,

I got ITA today under CEC. I have one doubt regarding submit application. Actually I started working in canada under NOC B in March 2019 and I got ITA in Feb 2020. Technically, I haven't completed 12 months. Should I wait until march 2020 or should I decline invitation.

Winner01

Feb 6, 2020
Hello everyone, please I have a question.

Is it possible to claim years of foreign working experience while in school?

Here's the thing. I have recently done the ECA of 2 MSc degrees, one MSc was completed in 2016, the other was completed in August 2018.
However, I've been working since I completed the 2016 MSc. So right now, can I claim 3+ years of working experience OR can I claim just 1 year working experience from my last degree in August 2018?

Ddouglas1982

Aug 19, 2019
If you want someone to guide you through every step of the process, then you'll need to hire an immigration lawyer to help you. If you want to do it yourself, you'll need to spend time reading through the information on the government web sites.

Detailed information on how to apply for Express Entry is here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

Information about the Alberta PNP program is here:

https://www.alberta.ca/ainp.aspx

g.neha

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Hi,

I know question related to PCC and Medical may have been asked several times, however, I would really appreciate if someone can clear my doubts.

I stay in USA and my husband is a primary applicant. From past 3 weeks he is on a business tour in India. Before he left USA, we got the PCC clearance certificate from Indian Consulate and fingerprinting sent to FBI, received the clearance certificate within an hour. Now my doubts are:

1) For Police Certificate in USA : Can the same FBI electronic letter( pdf copy) in black and white ink be uploaded in the PR application?
Somewhere, I read PCC should be scanned in color.

2) For Medical Exam : Can he give his medical exam in India instead of USA ? He wont be coming to US for 2 more weeks and our application submission deadline is nearing.

Any leads on the above question is highly appreciated.

Last edited:

NoelPillay

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
4021, 2282
Hello guys/moderators here. I'm stuck with my work experience, Before EE eligibility i need to first qualify under the Minimum Requirements i.e. 4-5 yrs experience so i can get 68/100 in the FSW.
I'm 37, Bachelor Degree, with language 8,7,7,7. Will the break up below constitute the 4-5 yrs experience. Please help guys.....I was working in NOC 4021 between

1) Feb 2012 – Nov 2015 (1st company: employee/ full time) 3yrs 9 month
2) Jan 2016 – April 2016 (2nd company- contract/full-time/9hr-5 days per week.) 4 months
3) Sep 2016 - Sep 2016 (5 day contract/ 9hrs): I know this is good as nothing

Total Years in NOC 4021: 4 yrs 1 month

Need your help...please

Apoorva_1987

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Sep-2019
IELTS Request
12-Nov-2019
URGENT !!

I had submitted my profile on December 2019. Today I logged in to check something and found all my submitted information is lost. I only see the created on date. The profile says

" Days left to submit - 5 "

How did this happen? Has anyone faced this issue? How I resolve it? What does this mean?

Also if someone could share the CIC helpline number and email, it would be very helpful.