+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Lacewingz said:
Hey Guys,
Please help me out!!
I got a CRS score of 441 and I created a CIC profile on 1st of Jan and received a PT Notification of Interest from Ontario on Jan 5th and I have filled the Nomination form and have taken a DD for 1500 CAD also. My major doubt is should I have to get my educational documents attested as well? and is there any other documents to be sent with the application?
Also when would be the last day for me to apply? TIA!!!
You can refer to the Application Guide in the below link for the list of documents that should be submitted as part of the OINP Application Package.

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL.html

Vaidyy

Aug 5, 2015
Hi Experts,

Please let me know how much time it will take after the ITA is obtained and docs are submitted? Till full process completing landing and getting PR copy.

Regards.

pammyy

Feb 18, 2015
TWO YEARS EXPERIENCE

HELLO EVERYONE,

January 20th 2016, I officially had two years canadian experience, my score was 440 at the beginning when I entered into the pool, shouldn't my score go up? I sent an email to inquire about this 4 days ago, no response yet, any suggestions on what I can do? Plus does anyone by how many points my score may go up by?

mapledipped

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2016
Vaidyy said:
Hi Experts,

Please let me know how much time it will take after the ITA is obtained and docs are submitted? Till full process completing landing and getting PR copy.

Regards.
Depends on what program you're in. For FSW we count after AOR not ITA, PPR is around 5-6mos depending on your VO (very few take about 3mos or shorter). CEC is like 3mos or less. PNP depends on the province, some take longer than others.

After PPR, visa stamping takes about 2-3weeks average (again depends on your VO), then PR Card at the moment is 100days after landing (this changes intermittently based on the advise in the website)

If you dont have ITA and your crs is under 450 and you dont have job offer/nomination then it's best to increase your crs first otherwise ITA will be difficult to come by.

mapledipped

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2016
if you're still working in canada then ask your employer for lmia so you can get additional 600pts. you can check the cec program under ee for details.
pammyy said:
HELLO EVERYONE,

January 20th 2016, I officially had two years canadian experience, my score was 440 at the beginning when I entered into the pool, shouldn't my score go up? I sent an email to inquire about this 4 days ago, no response yet, any suggestions on what I can do? Plus does anyone by how many points my score may go up by?

pammyy

Feb 18, 2015
Hello,

Thank you for the response, I am still working in Canada. Question.. how do I convince employer I've been with for two years to write LMIA, tried it last year summer..dead end sighs

Kachra

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
If you add your spouse before you submit your PR application, your points will be recalculated accordingly.

If you add your spouse after you submit your PR application, then your points will not be calculated. You will just have to do medicals and PCC for your spouse and you can add him/her to the application.
You mean the points will not be "re-calculated", if I add her after submitting my PR application. Thanks for the reply Raj :)

mapledipped

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2016
Kachra said:
You mean the points will not be "re-calculated", if I add her after submitting my PR application. Thanks for the reply Raj :)
you need to declare your spouse even if she will not accompany you, otherwise this can be considered misrepresentation. if you decide to claim points for her then she needs to get ielts and/or wes. but whether or not you claim points for her she still needs to do medical.

rmumtaz

Jan 25, 2016
Hello friends,
This forum has been very good to us. I have score of 69 but my CRC shows that I have
363. My question is how minimum do we need to selected in for invitation.
And how many do we need to get a nomination from provincial.
Which provincial provide sponsor without a job.

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Kachra said:
Correct. If you marry her AFTER the application has been submitted and notify CIC, your points will NOT be re-calculated.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
mapledipped said:
you need to declare your spouse even if she will not accompany you, otherwise this can be considered misrepresentation. if you decide to claim points for her then she needs to get ielts and/or wes. but whether or not you claim points for her she still needs to do medical.
Incorrect, given the context.

He has not got married yet. If he gets married after the PR application is submitted and wants to add his spouse to the application, then the points will NOT be recalculated. She needs to get her medical test and PCC alone.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
rmumtaz said:
Hello friends,
This forum has been very good to us. I have score of 69 but my CRC shows that I have
363. My question is how minimum do we need to selected in for invitation.
And how many do we need to get a nomination from provincial.
Which provincial provide sponsor without a job.

Thanks a lot.

Regards.
CRS cut-off is decided by CIC. Till date, the minimum CRS cut-off hasn't gone below 450. So, it is prudent that you increase your CRS. You can increase your CRS in the following ways -

1) Getting a CLB-9 in IELTS.
2) Securing a provincial nomination.
3) Getting IELTS and ECA done for spouse.
4) Securing provincial nomination.

Ontario PNP requires minimum 400 CRS. Nova Scotia/Saskatchewan are in high demand and they close as soon as they open (These 2 have a "demand occupations" list). To apply to Manitoba, you need a relative/friend there. PEI is open (i guess).

You can try visiting the website of the province to know more about the program!

Lady B

Jan 19, 2016
@ rajkamalmohanram! Thanks for always being helpful. Regarding work Ref letter, Would a list of 2 or 3 core responsibilities be enough or it has to be a long list? Meanwhile, the ref is all I have to show, No pay stub, employment letter and the likes. Is it okay?

mapledipped

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Incorrect, given the context.

He has not got married yet. If he gets married after the PR application is submitted and wants to add his spouse to the application, then the points will NOT be recalculated. She needs to get her medical test and PCC alone.
oh i see... its just that you kept referring to the "spouse" so i assumed they were already married. i agree if they're not married then disregard that latter portion

Jkrishnan

Nov 28, 2015
Reg: Reference letters

Reg reference letters:

My girlfriend is the primary applicant and she is having 3.6 years of experience. She worked for two companies with different NOC codes. 10 months with first company and 2.8 years with other company
What our doubt is since she worked in 2 diff NOC codes will her experience for 10 months will be counted somewhere i read it should be atleast a year. Also when she contacted her employers for reference letters (she left her job and currently studying in Canada)both are not willing to give it and saying it is against their company policy. Could you please suggest me any other alternate for this and also if we get an affidavit from the Team lead will it be considered.

Thanks in advance.