+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

doro_07

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
Hello again everybody :)

Thank you for your help so far it was very needed.

I have more questions :) : I have Educational General Report from ICAS which I had to do to start procedures for becoming a teacher in Canada. I am still waiting for ECA from WES. Can I submit my EE profile with ICAS report and than add WES ECA when I receive it? Is it possible to add ECA after submiting EE aplication?

Also Funds : If I have money on my foreign account which I can transfer to my canadian one and than take a proof of funds - will that be acceptable? Or do I need to take a statement of my savings from foreign account?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Jkrishnan said:
Reg reference letters:

My girlfriend is the primary applicant and she is having 3.6 years of experience. She worked for two companies with different NOC codes. 10 months with first company and 2.8 years with other company
What our doubt is since she worked in 2 diff NOC codes will her experience for 10 months will be counted somewhere i read it should be atleast a year. Also when she contacted her employers for reference letters (she left her job and currently studying in Canada)both are not willing to give it and saying it is against their company policy. Could you please suggest me any other alternate for this and also if we get an affidavit from the Team lead will it be considered.

Thanks in advance.
Ask her to tell her employers to send her an e-mails stating the same. She can get the letter from her ex-colleagues (on plain paper). Get their business cards too. Get the letter notarized and submit it.

Along with this, ask her to submit EVERY document she has to prove that she was employed (Appointment letters, Offer letters, Promotion Letters, Pay Scale hike letters etc,.)

nhab

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hello all
I am pretty new in this topic and have one question. I got my PhD recently from one of the canadian universities and currently working as a post doc in canada. Do you think if post doc experience will be considered as a canadian experience to increase the score?!

Jkrishnan

Nov 28, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Ask her to tell her employers to send her an e-mails stating the same. She can get the letter from her ex-colleagues (on plain paper). Get their business cards too. Get the letter notarized and submit it.

Along with this, ask her to submit EVERY document she has to prove that she was employed (Appointment letters, Offer letters, Promotion Letters, Pay Scale hike letters etc,.)
Raj thanks for the info :). One more doubt whether her 10 months experience will be counted, only if this is counted she can make an overall 3+ experience if not her points is coming down. Worried about it :(

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Jkrishnan said:
Raj thanks for the info :). One more doubt whether her 10 months experience will be counted, only if this is counted she can make an overall 3+ experience if not her points is coming down. Worried about it :(
Yes, she can count that experience.

neeti_hasija

Jan 21, 2016
Hi Forum People,

I need some of my doubts clarified related to sending the docs to WES for ECA

I have read that a reference number is required from WES website first by creating account , It is mentioned that all envelopes and correspondence must include the WES reference number.My query is

a) Can we send the document in a normal envelope and inside it can have
two envelopes from 2 different universities ? or what you suggest ?

b) I also want my ECA done so i will send my transcript in a separate envelope .
Fee will be charged for myself too even though I will be a dependent applicant?

Thanks in advance

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
neeti_hasija said:
Hi Forum People,

I need some of my doubts clarified related to sending the docs to WES for ECA

I have read that a reference number is required from WES website first by creating account , It is mentioned that all envelopes and correspondence must include the WES reference number.My query is

a) Can we send the document in a normal envelope and inside it can have
two envelopes from 2 different universities ? or what you suggest ?

Yes, you can do that!

b) I also want my ECA done so i will send my transcript in a separate envelope .
Fee will be charged for myself too even though I will be a dependent applicant?

The PA and the dependent must have separate accounts on WES website (and obviously different reference numbers). Both of you should pay fee separately.

Thanks in advance

Skyler White

Jun 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi - I have received AOR and was just trying to figure out what would be the next steps after receipt of PPR.
Would be great if you could tell me how is a visa office allocated for a particular case file?
Would it be the nearest one located in my city of residence? or it could be any office all over the world?

Would I be required to visit the VO at any time?

Also, how would I get to know which VO is taking care of my case?

Really appreciate if anyone could throw some light on the above doubts!! (Even if they do sound silly ;D)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Skyler White said:
Hi - I have received AOR and was just trying to figure out what would be the next steps after receipt of PPR.
Would be great if you could tell me how is a visa office allocated for a particular case file?
Would it be the nearest one located in my city of residence? or it could be any office all over the world?

Would I be required to visit the VO at any time?

Also, how would I get to know which VO is taking care of my case?

Really appreciate if anyone could throw some light on the above doubts!! (Even if they do sound silly ;D)
Initial review of eligibility is checked at Ottawa and BG checks are taken care by LVO, AFAIK.

You won't have to visit any VO(unless you are called in for an interview- which is very, very da rare for EE applicants).

You'll get PPR from the embassy in your country.

Lacewingz

Jan 30, 2016
IELTS expiring

Hey Guys,

Just a quick Doubt.

I'm applying for an Ontario express entry and my IELTS is also expiring on 5th of April but I'm taking an IELTS test again by end of FEB will they reject my application even if i have new IELTS test report.

Also is there any way to update my ielts score after sending my application to ontario?

Thanks.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Re: IELTS expiring

Lacewingz said:
Hey Guys,

Just a quick Doubt.

I'm applying for an Ontario express entry and my IELTS is also expiring on 5th of April but I'm taking an IELTS test again by end of FEB will they reject my application even if i have new IELTS test report.

Also is there any way to update my ielts score after sending my application to ontario?

Thanks.
If your 45 days timelines does not expire by the time you get your new IELTS Test Report Form, then I would suggest you wait for it and include it as part of the application package. Otherwise, send the package with the copy of IELTS TRF which will expire on April 5th and later when you have the new one, you can update the details on your profile and ensure to transmit it (otherwise the information does not get updated at their end). It could happen that by the time they open and verify your package your IELTS would have expired, so you can email a copy of your new IELTS TRF with details of your EE profile Job Bank Code to ontarionominee@ontario.ca. But the catch in this is that you should get the same scores as before, otherwise it could affect your CRS score and sometimes even the eligibility, that is a big risk. If you are sure that you can get either a similar score or a better one, then keep a LOE in the package with copies of your next exam date confirmation etc. This is my opinion, please get a second opinion from experienced members on the forum.

As per the Application Guide, the guideline for the same is "The IELTS, CELPIP, or TEF tests need to be taken within 24 months of application submission to ensure the results are valid at the time of permanent residence processing. OINP recommends you take your official language tests within one year of submitting your application to OINP to ensure that your results are valid when you submit your application for permanent residency to CIC. If your results expire before you apply for permanent residency, you will need to retake the tests."

divyamenon

Jul 16, 2015
divyamenon said:
Thank you. Could you throw some light on the nomination programs? Is it very difficult to get a nomination and are they given based on the CRS points? And, to claim points based on job offer, does it have to be only the primary appilcant?
Can you please help me with the above questions? And one more question, is it possible to change the NOC after submitting the EE profile by any chance?

greenlicious

Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I am just looking if anyone would be able to help me with this. I have just accepted the OOPNP and I'm starting to prepare the paperwork needed. Then I found that you need to do some criminal record check. So I did some homework and I found this one of the step is saying this:

Step 2: Fill in your application (paper submission) or provide the following information to the person taking your fingerprints (electronic submission)

Clearly state the reason for your certified criminal record check:
Adoptions - Canadian and International
Foreign travel - Visas, U.S. Waivers, Border Crossing
Employment (specify the job title and the name of the business/organization not using abbreviations) - federal, provincial, municipal governments; private industry; Canadian police agencies
Volunteer work (specify the job title and the name of the organization)
Applications for immigration to Canada - Applications for immigration to Canada must include the name and address of the Canadian Immigration Center, Embassy, Consulate or High Commission handling the case in the "Name and Address of Contributing Agency/Department" portion of the form.
Applications for Canadian Citizenship
Applications to obtain criminal record to apply for a Record suspension
Name change
Permanent residency in foreign countries (all countries except Canada)

So what should I fill in as part of the reasoning? Applications for immigration to Canada, right? But what about the name and address? Would anybody know about this?

Lacewingz

Jan 30, 2016
Re: IELTS expiring

Stanlee said:
If your 45 days timelines does not expire by the time you get your new IELTS Test Report Form, then I would suggest you wait for it and include it as part of the application package. Otherwise, send the package with the copy of IELTS TRF which will expire on April 5th and later when you have the new one, you can update the details on your profile and ensure to transmit it (otherwise the information does not get updated at their end). It could happen that by the time they open and verify your package your IELTS would have expired, so you can email a copy of your new IELTS TRF with details of your EE profile Job Bank Code to ontarionominee@ontario.ca. But the catch in this is that you should get the same scores as before, otherwise it could affect your CRS score and sometimes even the eligibility, that is a big risk. If you are sure that you can get either a similar score or a better one, then keep a LOE in the package with copies of your next exam date confirmation etc. This is my opinion, please get a second opinion from experienced members on the forum.

As per the Application Guide, the guideline for the same is "The IELTS, CELPIP, or TEF tests need to be taken within 24 months of application submission to ensure the results are valid at the time of permanent residence processing. OINP recommends you take your official language tests within one year of submitting your application to OINP to ensure that your results are valid when you submit your application for permanent residency to CIC. If your results expire before you apply for permanent residency, you will need to retake the tests."

Thanks a bunch Stanlee :D It's really helpful.

My IELTS is expiring on april 5th and my 45 days timeline is getting over by Feb 18th and I have booked a slot for my IELTS on Feb 20th.

My question is even if I send an updated IELTS result to ontarionominee@ontario.ca with the all the details in it. Will they add my updated IELTS results into consideration and continue with my file? ???

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Lacewingz said:
Thanks a bunch Stanlee :D It's really helpful.

My IELTS is expiring on april 5th and my 45 days timeline is getting over by Feb 18th and I have booked a slot for my IELTS on Feb 20th.

My question is even if I send an updated IELTS result to ontarionominee@ontario.ca with the all the details in it. Will they add my updated IELTS results into consideration and continue with my file? ???
Yes - This is a valid request. If your IELTS expires/your address changes etc, I don't see why they wont add the document you are sending via email to your file.