+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nalanda said:
Hi,

I have a question on 1 year Canadian experience (30 per week for 12 months = 1560 hours).
Which scenario is CIC looking for
1) Is it completion of 1560 hours in x months? For example within 10 months, If I work for 40 hours I am getting 1560 hours.
or
2) Is it completion of 1560 hours and also completion of 12 months?
Completion of 12 months with a minimum of 1560 hours.

shovz

Nov 22, 2015
Hi.. A newbie here..
I hope someone could provide me with answers to my questions.

I do not meet the 67 points requirement to be eligible for express entry.
Probably due to my low IELTS scores which I think I can further improve on and I only have 3 years of work experience for my primary NOC.
But surprisingly, I was still able to create an express entry profile and it says there that I met the minimum criteria for FSW, though my score is at 354 only.

I also applied for PNP and hoping to receive a nomination to gain additional 600 points.

My question.. Assuming I was nominated by a province and was given an ITA too, am I still required to meet the 67 points requirement? Is there any likelihood for my application to be ineligible or rejected post ITA?

Would appreciate any advice.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
shovz said:
Hi.. A newbie here..
I hope someone could provide me with answers to my questions.

I do not meet the 67 points requirement to be eligible for express entry.
Probably due to my low IELTS scores which I think I can further improve on and I only have 3 years of work experience for my primary NOC.
But surprisingly, I was still able to create an express entry profile and it says there that I met the minimum criteria for FSW, though my score is at 354 only.

I also applied for PNP and hoping to receive a nomination to gain additional 600 points.

My question.. Assuming I was nominated by a province and was given an ITA too, am I still required to meet the 67 points requirement? Is there any likelihood for my application to be ineligible or rejected post ITA?

Would appreciate any advice.
You will not have been able to create an EE profile successfully in the first place if you did not get 67 points in the FSW grid unless you are eligible for either CEC or FST). Something is wrong here. PM me your profile and let's check if you get 67 points or not.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
A question:

In my Express Entry profile, I list my current job from June 2010-present, which is as long as I have worked there.
I have an earlier reference letter from my employer- it's dated October 30 2015, I believe, it was for my OINP application. Is it okay if I just use that reference letter for my FSWP application as well, even though it is dated October, while my profile says I have worked with my employer beyond that date too?

arafat1983

Aug 21, 2015
CAN I APPLY FOR EXPRESS ENTRY CANADA FOR 2016??? I HAVE NOT APPLIED FOR EXPRESS ENTRY 2015....IS THE OPPORTUNITY STILL OPEN FOR NEW PEOPLE???

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
arafat1983 said:
CAN I APPLY FOR EXPRESS ENTRY CANADA FOR 2016??? I HAVE NOT APPLIED FOR EXPRESS ENTRY 2015....IS THE OPPORTUNITY STILL OPEN FOR NEW PEOPLE???
Express Entry is still open.

IOS9.2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
Hi Guys,

I have received an invite to apply from Ontario province, i have prepared my file, now the agent i am using is saying that i need to have my birth certificate as mandatory document for Ontario pnp. I have given him my 10th certificate, passport copy and school age certificate as proof of age. i do not have my birth certificate coz they were not issued before 1990 in India. He is saying that i need to get a letter from municipal corporation where i was born that they dont have any records of my birth and what ever i am stating is true.

He is also saying that if i apply without the birth certificate i may loose my cad 1500 fee, i need to check if this is correct information and has anyone else also faced this issue

a quick response is appreciate as i have limited time left before my 45 days to apply expire

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
IOS9.2 said:
Hi Guys,

I have received an invite to apply from Ontario province, i have prepared my file, now the agent i am using is saying that i need to have my birth certificate as mandatory document for Ontario pnp. I have given him my 10th certificate, passport copy and school age certificate as proof of age. i do not have my birth certificate coz they were not issued before 1990 in India. He is saying that i need to get a letter from municipal corporation where i was born that they dont have any records of my birth and what ever i am stating is true.

He is also saying that if i apply without the birth certificate i may loose my cad 1500 fee, i need to check if this is correct information and has anyone else also faced this issue

a quick response is appreciate as i have limited time left before my 45 days to apply expire
I applied without my birth certificate, using my passport as my proof of birth, and had no issues with the application process. I added a note in my cover letter- I am copying/pasting it here, so you may add it to your own application, should you wish to:

"You will find copies of all requested documents (except for when the original was requested) herein. Please note that I was unable to procure a copy of my birth certificate at this time- since the original had to be submitted to my school back in India at the time of my application, and since I had limited time in which to complete and send this packet to you owing to the 45 day deadline, it was impossible to be able to get the birth certificate in time. Nevertheless, I hope that my passport, which contains my date and place of birth, and which has been used extensively for travel to other countries, including the United States, will suffice in this case. It may be noted that production of original birth certificate is mandatory to acquire a passport in India. However, I should be able to provide a copy of my birth certificate in the next 30 days, if necessary."

They never did ask me to submit the birth certificate after that, and I ended up getting a nomination from them anyway.

Hope this all helps.

mvmkr

Jan 2, 2016
My spouse is a college drop-out. He could provide a 3-year certificate, confirming his attendance, but no degree. Does that count for something or should we submit his HS diploma for ECA? What are the point values for both?

PS: I am the main applicant and I have a college degree.

mark29

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Good day! I have some questions. Which way is better to create an Express Entry profile, the SIGN-IN PARTNER or the GCKEY?Do I need to pay right away for me to create a profile? Thank you very much! :)

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mark29 said:
Good day! I have some questions. Which way is better to create an Express Entry profile, the SIGN-IN PARTNER or the GCKEY?Do I need to pay right away for me to create a profile? Thank you very much! :)
The sign in partner is nothing to do with payment, just another login method. You can line it up with you bank login so there is one less username and password to remember.

Either method is fine.

akmoolah

Nov 28, 2015
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mvmkr said:
My spouse is a college drop-out. He could provide a 3-year certificate, confirming his attendance, but no degree. Does that count for something or should we submit his HS diploma for ECA? What are the point values for both?

U can claim points for only a completed degree given it has been evaluated by WES.
If the degree is incomplete then its not possible to get points for that. Since you are main applicant just get WES done and claim your points because your spouse cant get points for his degree

Sparkles

Oct 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

I have recently registered for Express Entry on December 10th, 2015 under NOC 0124, my score is 437...I was wondering if someone could please advice how could I up my score?

I am kinda worried and am now wondering how this works. Also does applying for jobs in Canada while you are outland help?

Is someone in the same boat here?

I am new here, so not sure how things work...as in how do I get all the stuff that mentions application date etc..to be posted on my timeline.

I would really like to connect with people on similar details and get advice from the experts here on the forum.

Thanks in advance

Cheers!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
mvmkr said:

check CRS points for spouse education. You will get some points for high school graduation (2).

motocheck

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Pippin said:
check CRS points for spouse education. You will get some points for high school graduation (2).
Hi Friends

My wife has done part time MBA from N L Dalmia College affiliated to University of mumbai. Will it be considered Masters Equivalent.

Thanks,
Austin