+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
Hello seniors and friends,
very good day first of all....i was confused in refrence letter and experience letter....if i have 'EXPERIENCE LETTER' and have all details on it except Business card..is this fine ? or i need to obtain reference leetr as well? Kindly help soon..
Thanks friends....

ClaireAero

Nov 24, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
It is not advisable. But if you cannot transfer the funds to your name, you must get a notarized affidavit from your father that you have unrestricted access to those funds and you can use it for any purpose.
Thank you so much rajkamal mohanram , I am getting it transferred to my name. And about the letter from bank on account balance details as I am just showing FD, could anybody help me with a format of letter to be obtained from Bank??

I have 6 lakhs in FD and a lakh in account, will that suffice or should I need to show more, for one person?

Thanks
Claire

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Aragorn165 said:
A question:

In my Express Entry profile, I list my current job from June 2010-present, which is as long as I have worked there.
I have an earlier reference letter from my employer- it's dated October 30 2015, I believe, it was for my OINP application. Is it okay if I just use that reference letter for my FSWP application as well, even though it is dated October, while my profile says I have worked with my employer beyond that date too?
If someone would please answer this

mark29

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
ozlis said:
The sign in partner is nothing to do with payment, just another login method. You can line it up with you bank login so there is one less username and password to remember.

Either method is fine.
Thank you for your response. I thought it has nothing to do with the payment. So which method has the most users?thanks

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aragorn165 said:
October is a little while ago now, the purpose of the documents is to prove what is in your profile. If I were you I would get another letter.

If you can't get another letter, include recent payslips etc as part of your document upload for that role to prove you were working beyond October til now.

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aragorn165 said:
You earlier letter that you got for OINP is perfectly fine for CIC. Attach, latest paystubs along with it.

auss1e

Jan 5, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Unfortunately, alternatives. Apparently, CIC seems to stick with its 450 minimum CRS policy (at least as of now). I guess you could somehow increase your score by a few points (French test? More IELTS score?) or you might have to consider applying for a PNP.
Thanks. I'd apply for a PNP but it appears the one in BC is only for healthcare workers :-X
If I'm open to move to AB or ONT once I get PR, should I apply for a PNP at either if it would positively affect my CRS score?

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Thank you, guys. I'll attach recent payslips, and I will try to get an updated letter.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ClaireAero said:
Thank you so much rajkamal mohanram , I am getting it transferred to my name. And about the letter from bank on account balance details as I am just showing FD, could anybody help me with a format of letter to be obtained from Bank??

I have 6 lakhs in FD and a lakh in account, will that suffice or should I need to show more, for one person?

Thanks
Claire
There is no format per say. The bank will have the format, just make sure the letter has the account number, date of opening, funds available in local currency (and CAD equivalent if possible).

If 6 Lakhs will be sufficient or not depends on the exchange rate your bank is using on the day. For me, it was not sufficient. Had to add another 10k.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
$unn¥123 said:
Hello seniors and friends,
very good day first of all....i was confused in refrence letter and experience letter....if i have 'EXPERIENCE LETTER' and have all details on it except Business card..is this fine ? or i need to obtain reference leetr as well? Kindly help soon..
Thanks friends....
The nomenclature may vary. If you have all the details required by CIC on the letterhead of the company signed by an authorized signatory, you are good to go. You need a business card only if the letter is not on the letterhead.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Sparkles said:
Hi Everyone,

I have recently registered for Express Entry on December 10th, 2015 under NOC 0124, my score is 437...I was wondering if someone could please advice how could I up my score?

I am kinda worried and am now wondering how this works. Also does applying for jobs in Canada while you are outland help?

Is someone in the same boat here?

I am new here, so not sure how things work...as in how do I get all the stuff that mentions application date etc..to be posted on my timeline.

I would really like to connect with people on similar details and get advice from the experts here on the forum.

Thanks in advance

Cheers!
1) You can try and get a CLB-9 (LRWS 8777) if you have not already got.
2) You can get your spouse ECA and IELTS done (if you are married).
3) You can try and secure a PNP.
3) You can get a degree.
4) You can gain more work experience.

These are by far the only means (AFAIK) to increase your score.

Getting a job when you have not landed yet is close to impossible - Employers will not be willing to hire people who have not landed yet (They will rather choose from a pool of PRs and citizens who are already in Canada).

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Aragorn165 said:
A question:

In my Express Entry profile, I list my current job from June 2010-present, which is as long as I have worked there.
I have an earlier reference letter from my employer- it's dated October 30 2015, I believe, it was for my OINP application. Is it okay if I just use that reference letter for my FSWP application as well, even though it is dated October, while my profile says I have worked with my employer beyond that date too?
It is recommended that the reference letters from current employers be 12 months old or less. Reference letters from previous employers are valid indefinitely.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Nalanda said:
Dear Raj,

I would like to receive some clarifications on work experience for my express entry profile.

In my case, I received the masters completion certificate on 14-Jan-2015 and I applied for post graduation work permit on 21-Jan-2015. I got a job contract, so I contacted CIC to check that can I start working? I received a reply from a CIC agent that I have already submitted an application for post graduate work permit so I can work. Therefore I started my work from 01-Feb-2015. Then, I have been issued my post graduate work permit on 4-April-2015.

1) Is the job contract during implied status (1-Feb-2015 to 3-April-2015) considered as work experience or not?

2) Between 1-Feb-2015 to 31-July-2015, I worked in two different places. In one place, I worked for 35 hours and in another place I worked for 10 hours.
2.1) How will you calculate the number of full time experience in my case
2.2) Is it 35 hours per week or 45 hours per week?
Case 1: Based on my first job, I worked 35 hours, so during this period (1-Feb-2015 to 31-July-2015) I worked roughly 4 weeks , i.e., 840 hours
Case 2: Based on my both jobs, I worked 45 hours, so during this period (1-Feb-2015 to 31-July-2015) I worked roughly 4 weeks , i.e., 1080 hours

Thanks for taking your time in reading my queries. Please explain which scenario will work out for me.

Cheers,
Nalanda
You need minimum one year work experience - That is you must have worked at least 12 months to be eligible for EE. The number of hours is another eligibility criteria - It is sufficient if you have worked at least 30 hours per week. You cannot convert your extra hours into days for your eligibility criteria.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Nalanda said:
Hi,

I have a question on 1 year Canadian experience (30 per week for 12 months = 1560 hours).
Which scenario is CIC looking for
1) Is it completion of 1560 hours in x months? For example within 10 months, If I work for 40 hours I am getting 1560 hours.
or
2) Is it completion of 1560 hours and also completion of 12 months?
The latter.

ClaireAero

Nov 24, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
There is no format per say. The bank will have the format, just make sure the letter has the account number, date of opening, funds available in local currency (and CAD equivalent if possible).

If 6 Lakhs will be sufficient or not depends on the exchange rate your bank is using on the day. For me, it was not sufficient. Had to add another 10k.
Hey thank you, I have 6 lakhs in FD and one lakh in my account. So, a total of 7 lakhs, if they consider the amount in the bank also as POF.
Please advise