+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Kavinli

Jun 25, 2015
Hi,

Hope someone could help with our situation.

I’m an international student who is about to complete my course next month. My spouse is on open working permit and working full time. We have also created a EE profile as my wife being principal applicant and got invitation under Ontario PNP. My student visa will expire on 30th March and also my wife’s. At the moment we are confused whether to proceed with provincial nominee or wait for CEC invitation as we have chances to get 475 by February and being invited for that.

Further, as my student visa expires in March end, I can apply for Postgraduate work permit by early February , My questions are,

can she wait without applying with me for OWP extension and once she gets AOR hopefully by March, she can apply for bridging work permit as principal applicant?

or she may apply for (dependent) OWP extension with me and as soon as receiving the AOR (CEC) she will switch to BOWP as principal applicant?

Then I'll be principal applicant for my PGWP and she will be principal applicant for BOWP. is it possible ??

What is the best option for our situation?

I know that she'll not get OWP extension without my job letter, but she wants to try it

I really appreciate your advice on this.

shashar

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Bangalore
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone please reply to my queries below..

Hello Team,

I have few more questions on the documents required for applying for PNP

1. We have one month old ECA done from WES. Do I still need to get transcripts from colleges for applying for PNP or copy of ECA along with photo copy of all certificates will suffice?
2. For the letters of reference from the employers, I do not have time to get a single document from the companies but I can provide
a. Offer letter
b. Pay slips
c. Experience letter
Will that be sufficient?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
shashar said:
Hello Team,

I have few more questions on the documents required for applying for PNP

1. We have one month old ECA done from WES. Do I still need to get transcripts from colleges for applying for PNP or copy of ECA along with photo copy of all certificates will suffice?

You do not need transcripts for getting a PNP unless and otherwise mentioned in the application guide. You will have to submit a copy of the ECA report you received by post AND your degree certificate.

2. For the letters of reference from the employers, I do not have time to get a single document from the companies but I can provide
a. Offer letter
b. Pay slips
c. Experience letter
Will that be sufficient?

No, IMO. All these are supporting documents and they make your case solid. You can submit all of these with a reference letter of some sort. If your company is not ready to give you, you can get it from your manager/supervisor OR from a colleague. You can mention the contact details of the person giving the reference at the bottom of the letter. Also, you can attach the business card/Employee ID card or both as proof. There is no substitute for a reference letter, per say.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
bjsp said:
Hello Friends,

I received nomination from Onatario PNP and my deadline to submit the form is approaching. I have few queries regarding my CIC application for PR.

1. I held three different positions in one of the companies. The job roles and duties remained almost except for few. I have reference letter from my ex-boss on the company letter head, but it mentions only the last designation and the job duties. It also does not include salary and the benefit details and the hours worked, however it does mention full time employment.
Now my question is, while filling out the application form should I specify the complete employment period under one designation or split in three employment periods? I also don't have any promotion letter for one of the designations and my application would look incomplete that way.

For PNP Application I mentioned only the last designation. Can this incomplete reference letter be the reason for rejection?

Do NOT mention a designation that is not there in the reference letter. Go with the reference letter. Number of hours worked and Pay is mandatory. If you do not have this on the letter, then you can provide them with alternative documents like your payslips and your offer letter (where pay is mentioned) along with the reference letter.

2. Can I mention updated amount of funds on schedule 4 form, different that mentioned for PNP application?

As long as the amount is greater than or equal to the minimum required funds, you are good to go.

Appreciate your help on this...
thanks in advance

Martucha

Sep 8, 2014
Hello,

Thanks rajkamalmohanram for your last advise!

I have another question. If I need to attach the proof that one of family member is living in Canada, should it be attached under the section Proof of relationship?or I can attach it under Proof of status of family member?
My file Proof of relationship is quite big (exceed a lot 4MB) so I would prefer to split it and leave under Proof of relationship the docs only for my law-common partner and baby. If I attach the explanation letter that proof of my family in Canada is under section Proof of status of family member, would it be ok?
Thanks in advance!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Martucha said:
Hello,

Thanks rajkamalmohanram for your last advise!

I have another question. If I need to attach the proof that one of family member is living in Canada, should it be attached under the section Proof of relationship?or I can attach it under Proof of status of family member?
My file Proof of relationship is quite big (exceed a lot 4MB) so I would prefer to split it and leave under Proof of relationship the docs only for my law-common partner and baby. If I attach the explanation letter that proof of my family in Canada is under section Proof of status of family member, would it be ok?
Thanks in advance!
I am not sure about this. Can somebody else help with this query?

About the size of the file, you can use S/W like cutepdf to reduce the file size.

amangill

May 14, 2015
hello
I have recently applied for Express entry under skilled immigration category With 8 bands in IELTS and WES evaluated my credentials to be 4 years of graduation and my M.Sc in Psychology as one year of PG diploma. Have got 8 years of experience as college lecturer. The consultancy calculated my points to be 394CRS. They have made my profile at jobbank as well.
So the query is:
1. How do we come to know that we are in the pool......like what is the authentication for that?
2. When i hav'nt applied for the case the consultants were luring me by approximately estimating my points to be around 453 which turned out to be 394 now. Alhough there is no scope for job offer and they are still saying that thr is chances for CRS points to drop .......what is the validation for the same?
3. Thirdly how can we increase points other thn appearing again for ielts which i can't afford to do bcoz of my job busy schedule .......i m still single so thy said i got more chances bcoz of my blood relation and experience . But want clear information regarding increasing points as no province nomination is open these days.....without job offer is it feasible to work through this express entry system?

Looking forward to your reply earnestly and desperately in need of accurate guidance.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
amangill said:
hello
I have recently applied for Express entry under skilled immigration category With 8 bands in IELTS and WES evaluated my credentials to be 4 years of graduation and my M.Sc in Psychology as one year of PG diploma. Have got 8 years of experience as college lecturer. The consultancy calculated my points to be 394CRS. They have made my profile at jobbank as well.
So the query is:
1. How do we come to know that we are in the pool......like what is the authentication for that?

You can check your myCIC account. If your profile status says "Active" and Job bank registration says "Accepted", you know you are in the pool. You will also see a message at the bottom that says something like "Welcome to Express Entry".

2. When i hav'nt applied for the case the consultants were luring me by approximately estimating my points to be around 453 which turned out to be 394 now. Alhough there is no scope for job offer and they are still saying that thr is chances for CRS points to drop .......what is the validation for the same?

There is no reason to believe that the CRS will drop anytime soon. The number of applicants per draw is around 1500 always. Unless that becomes at least double, there will not be a decrease in the score, IMO. You can try getting a CLB-9 in IELTS (8777). This will improve your CRS significantly.

3. Thirdly how can we increase points other thn appearing again for ielts which i can't afford to do bcoz of my job busy schedule .......i m still single so thy said i got more chances bcoz of my blood relation and experience . But want clear information regarding increasing points as no province nomination is open these days.....without job offer is it feasible to work through this express entry system?

This is a new year and there is a lot of scope to try and get a provincial nomination but re-writing IELTS is the best way to get more points, IMO.

Looking forward to your reply earnestly and desperately in need of accurate guidance.

amangill

May 14, 2015
Thanx a lot Raj sir for the apt reply.
but as i said according to me 8 bands in ielts (L-7.5,R-8.5,W-7,S-8) with overall 8 are pretty good scores according to me but still thy calculated CRS to be 394 not evn touching the minimum eligibility criteria of 450 to enter the pool. What else can be done to increase the score.?
6-8 months is the processing time for being accepted into the pool or being rejected???????
Thanx in advance.

Martucha

Sep 8, 2014
rajkamalmohanram said:
I am not sure about this. Can somebody else help with this query?

About the size of the file, you can use S/W like cutepdf to reduce the file size.
In order to fit to 4MB limitation, I need to compress my file that much that the quality of the docs is really poor. Could it be a reason of rejection?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
amangill said:
Thanx a lot Raj sir for the apt reply.
but as i said according to me 8 bands in ielts (L-7.5,R-8.5,W-7,S-8) with overall 8 are pretty good scores according to me but still thy calculated CRS to be 394 not evn touching the minimum eligibility criteria of 450 to enter the pool. What else can be done to increase the score.?
6-8 months is the processing time for being accepted into the pool or being rejected???????
Thanx in advance.
Like I always say, what we have is good. Sometimes, its just not good enough, that's all. CLB-8 is a good score but CLB-9 is better. It will help you get the maximum CRS points you are eligible for.

You can do any of the following to increase the score -

1) Try and secure a PNP
2) Get a degree
3) Gain more work experience

Getting a PNP is a good idea but it adds months to the processing time.

You will get accepted into the pool as soon as you register and activate your jobbank profile. The thing is, you need competitive CRS points to get an ITA. The least cut-off till date is 450 and as I have already said, there is no reason to believe it will come down anytime soon. So, I suggest you to give some serious thought about trying and securing a CLB-9 in IELTS.

dhs11

Feb 24, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Feb-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
22-Dec-2015
AOR Received.
11-Feb-2016
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
07-Feb-2016
Hi seniors

pls advice, My father is not having surname/family name in the passport and EE profile is not accepting the blank in Surname/family name. can anybody suggest what can i do now. what shud i fill in the family/surname and given name.

As per passport:

Given Name: Girish Kumar
Family Name/ Surname: Blank

pls. suggest what should i write in EE profile.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards
Dhs11

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
dhs11 said:
Hi seniors

pls advice, My father is not having surname/family name in the passport and EE profile is not accepting the blank in Surname/family name. can anybody suggest what can i do now. what shud i fill in the family/surname and given name.

As per passport:

Given Name: Girish Kumar
Family Name/ Surname: Blank

pls. suggest what should i write in EE profile.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards
Dhs11
The answer to the question you are looking for is here -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=014&t=4

It says the following -

our surname is your family name. It is sometimes called your “last name.” If your name is spelled differently on your official documents, please write your name as shown in your passport. When filling out applications, type your surname as it appears on your passport, travel or identity document or any letters you got from the visa office or case processing centre where you sent your application (even if the name is misspelled). Do not use initials.

If you do not have a family name on your passport, travel or identity document, enter all your given name(s) in the surname field and leave the given name field blank. Do not enter “*”, “Not applicable” or “NA”.

Nalanda

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Dear Raj,

I would like to receive some clarifications on work experience for my express entry profile.

In my case, I received the masters completion certificate on 14-Jan-2015 and I applied for post graduation work permit on 21-Jan-2015. I got a job contract, so I contacted CIC to check that can I start working? I received a reply from a CIC agent that I have already submitted an application for post graduate work permit so I can work. Therefore I started my work from 01-Feb-2015. Then, I have been issued my post graduate work permit on 4-April-2015.

1) Is the job contract during implied status (1-Feb-2015 to 3-April-2015) considered as work experience or not?

2) Between 1-Feb-2015 to 31-July-2015, I worked in two different places. In one place, I worked for 35 hours and in another place I worked for 10 hours.
2.1) How will you calculate the number of full time experience in my case
2.2) Is it 35 hours per week or 45 hours per week?
Case 1: Based on my first job, I worked 35 hours, so during this period (1-Feb-2015 to 31-July-2015) I worked roughly 4 weeks , i.e., 840 hours
Case 2: Based on my both jobs, I worked 45 hours, so during this period (1-Feb-2015 to 31-July-2015) I worked roughly 4 weeks , i.e., 1080 hours

Thanks for taking your time in reading my queries. Please explain which scenario will work out for me.

Cheers,
Nalanda

Nalanda

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Hi,

I have a question on 1 year Canadian experience (30 per week for 12 months = 1560 hours).
Which scenario is CIC looking for
1) Is it completion of 1560 hours in x months? For example within 10 months, If I work for 40 hours I am getting 1560 hours.
or
2) Is it completion of 1560 hours and also completion of 12 months?