+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ClaireAero said:
Hey thank you, I have 6 lakhs in FD and one lakh in my account. So, a total of 7 lakhs, if they consider the amount in the bank also as POF.
Please advise
You can open another FD for 1 lakh and show the combined amount. I am telling this because if you have some funds in your account, then you might have to provide them with 6 months statements. This is totally unnecessary. If you have 2 FDs, you can submit 2 FD receipts and one bank letter.

bhavcaluk

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sparkles said:
Hi Everyone,

I have recently registered for Express Entry on December 10th, 2015 under NOC 0124, my score is 437...I was wondering if someone could please advice how could I up my score?

I am kinda worried and am now wondering how this works. Also does applying for jobs in Canada while you are outland help?

Is someone in the same boat here?

I am new here, so not sure how things work...as in how do I get all the stuff that mentions application date etc..to be posted on my timeline.

I would really like to connect with people on similar details and get advice from the experts here on the forum.

Thanks in advance

Cheers!
With this score you should have got notification of interest from Ontario as they issue this to all with a score of 400 plus

ClaireAero

Nov 24, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
You can open another FD for 1 lakh and show the combined amount. I am telling this because if you have some funds in your account, then you might have to provide them with 6 months statements. This is totally unnecessary. If you have 2 FDs, you can submit 2 FD receipts and one bank letter.
Thanks so much!! I will make FD for 7 lakhs!! and I am planning on getting a letter from bank tomorrow. Should my bank letter need to be latest i.e. near my EE profile creation date?, as I will get my IELTS score by 22nd Jan and still waiting for transcripts, WES ECA to create an EE profile. Please guide me.

Thanks again

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
How long should an FD period be? Would CIC be okay with a three month FD?

superutp

Jan 11, 2016
Newbie: Understanding my score & scenario

Hi everyone,

I am considering applying for Canada, based on my calculation i get 69 points and 478 in CRS. My details are:
- Single/unmarried, 28 years
- Masters education (Master of Science)
-IELTS 8 overall (not given yet however, my masters was a UK degree before which I had got 112/120 in toefl, so confident of getting 8 atleast)
-4 years work experience (in India)
-NOC 4163
-relative in Canada (dont think that makes any diff though)

What advice would members here give me. Should I go forward with taking it seriously?

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Re: Newbie: Understanding my score & scenario

superutp said:
Hi everyone,

I am considering applying for Canada, based on my calculation i get 69 points and 478 in CRS. My details are:
- Single/unmarried, 28 years
- Masters education (Master of Science)
-IELTS 8 overall (not given yet however, my masters was a UK degree before which I had got 112/120 in toefl, so confident of getting 8 atleast)
-4 years work experience (in India)
-NOC 4163
-relative in Canada (dont think that makes any diff though)

What advice would members here give me. Should I go forward with taking it seriously?
Absolutely! You have very good chances of getting an ITA with that profile :)

superutp

Jan 11, 2016

Aragorn165 said:
Absolutely! You have very good chances of getting an ITA with that profile :)
thanks! however, I am facing one problem. I cannot find any occupation which exactly matches my experiences and NOC 4163 is the closest I can find. My titles have been different than what is mentioned. Will that cause any trouble in my application? As I doubt my employers will customize my JD similar to whats mentioned on the website.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016

superutp said:
thanks! however, I am facing one problem. I cannot find any occupation which exactly matches my experiences and NOC 4163 is the closest I can find. My titles have been different than what is mentioned. Will that cause any trouble in my application? As I doubt my employers will customize my JD similar to whats mentioned on the website.
As long as the description of responsibilities matches up with the descriptions listed for that NOC code on the NOC website to a reasonable degree, you should be good to go. They don't want a full 100% match in job titles. So, for example, if your job title is Client and Host Programming, and if the description of duties of that job match up with the descriptions for the 'Prorgrammer' NOC, you can totally still use that as your NOC while applying.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Aragorn165 said:
How long should an FD period be? Would CIC be okay with a three month FD?
6 months ideally. 3 months would be okay if you could prove that the funds are yours and not borrowed (CIC might request this information).

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
6 months ideally. 3 months would be okay if you could prove that the funds are yours and not borrowed (CIC might request this information).
Well, the money is coming from my mother, but it is earmarked for me. It's a gift, it's not a loan she expects back. So an FD with an affidavit that explains that the money came from my mother, but it is a gift amount not meant to be returned, will work fine, right?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Aragorn165 said:
Well, the money is coming from my mother, but it is earmarked for me. It's a gift, it's not a loan she expects back. So an FD with an affidavit that explains that the money came from my mother, but it is a gift amount not meant to be returned, will work fine, right?
Yes, a gift affidavit will work!

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Yes, a gift affidavit will work!
Thank you!

ClaireAero

Nov 24, 2015
I am planning on getting a letter from bank tomorrow. Should my bank letter need to be latest i.e. near my EE profile creation date?, as I will get my IELTS score by 22nd Jan and still waiting for transcripts, WES ECA to create an EE profile. Please guide me.

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ClaireAero said:
I am planning on getting a letter from bank tomorrow. Should my bank letter need to be latest i.e. near my EE profile creation date?, as I will get my IELTS score by 22nd Jan and still waiting for transcripts, WES ECA to create an EE profile. Please guide me.

Thanks
What for? You have not even created the profile so why worry about bank statements? It is NOT required now. You will be submitting documents after you get an ITA, not when you create your EE profile.

ClaireAero

Nov 24, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
What for? You have not even created the profile so why worry about bank statements? It is NOT required now. You will be submitting documents after you get an ITA, not when you create your EE profile.
Oh is it!! I did not know that. Thank you dear!