+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Oluka

Jul 5, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
You can't add up points for multiple educational qualifications. You will only get points for the highest qualification.
Hi, this is one more part I'm not sure that I understand correctly. If I have 2 diplomas: bachelor of CS (4 years) and master of CS (2 years), how many points should they give me?

Part A: 126 (Master's degree) and Part C: 25 or 50 (depending on IELTS results)?

Thanks in advance!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oluka said:
Hi, this is one more part I'm not sure that I understand correctly. If I have 2 diplomas: bachelor of CS (4 years) and master of CS (2 years), how many points should they give me?

Part A: 126 (Master's degree) and Part C: 25 or 50 (depending on IELTS results)?

Thanks in advance!
This is decided by your ECA (Educational Credential Assessment) ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

If your ECA indicates that your degrees are equivalent to Canadian Masters degree, you'll get 126 points (provided you'are applying with your spouse) and you'll get 25 to 50 point for the Education parameter of Skills Transferability depending on your IELTS score.

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
While calculating my CRS points on the online tool, I came across the below question:
"How many years of skilled foreign work experience do you have? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation?"

Now, I worked for 2 years and 2.5 months (2011-2013) as Senior Assistant for Customer Services in Humanitarian Response, and then took a break to do my Masters.
I joined the same company again as Junior Officer for Customer Services in Humanitarian Response (from October 2014 - present)

Together, I get exactly 3 years by the time I apply in August (will be in NOC 4164 for International Development and Aid from what I understand)
But I want to make sure I can add both the work experiences together for a total of 3 years? Because it says it had to be "continuous"...and although the titles were different, though responsibilities almost the same, I am planning to use the same NOC since they are all under humanitarian and aid work..

Please advise..

aviksroy

Jul 10, 2015
For ECA step, What should we do with Our degree Certificates and mark Sheets , should those need to be attested by the University Register before send it for ECA process. If the Certificates and Mark sheets are in English then also any kind of Attestation required ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EFK said:
While calculating my CRS points on the online tool, I came across the below question:
"How many years of skilled foreign work experience do you have? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation?"

Now, I worked for 2 years and 2.5 months (2011-2013) as Senior Assistant for Customer Services in Humanitarian Response, and then took a break to do my Masters.
I joined the same company again as Junior Officer for Customer Services in Humanitarian Response (from October 2014 - present)

Together, I get exactly 3 years by the time I apply in August (will be in NOC 4164 for International Development and Aid from what I understand)
But I want to make sure I can add both the work experiences together for a total of 3 years? Because it says it had to be "continuous"...and although the titles were different, though responsibilities almost the same, I am planning to use the same NOC since they are all under humanitarian and aid work..

Please advise..
There are 3 ways of looking at work experience for FSWP applicants.

1. For CRS points

Foreign work experience is work experience that,
(a) is acquired by a foreign national outside Canada in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
(b) consists of full-time work experience, or the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience, with one or more employers; and
(c) is acquired within the 10-year period preceding the day on which points are assigned to the foreign national under section 23 or subsection 24(1).
It doesn't say continuous (in the sense of being uninterrupted) or in the same NOC. So you can claim those 3 years under CRS.

2. For FSWP eligibility

You can get points for the number of years you have spent in full-time paid work (at least 30 hours per week, or an equal amount of part-time).
If you have experience in the 2-3 years range, you get 11 points on the 100 points grid. In this case, it has to be in the same NOC. Note that even this doesn't say continuous (in the sense of being uninterrupted).

3. For EE eligibility

Your work experience must be:

at least one year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous full-time or an equal amount in part-time, paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships do not count),
in the same NOC skill type (0, A or B) ,
within the last 10 years, and
at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC).
This is where the word 'continuous' appears and this is for basic program eligibility - that you must have acquired AT LEAST 1 full year of continuous (in the sense of being uninterrupted) work experience or equivalent part-time experience in the same NOC within the last 10 years.

Hope that clarifies. All the best!

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thankyou so much!!
Can you send me the links for the above pls? Because I'm finding conflicting information everywhere...
When I tried the CRS points calculator, it specifically asked for continuous, that is why I was confused.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aviksroy said:
For ECA step, What should we do with Our degree Certificates and mark Sheets , should those need to be attested by the University Register before send it for ECA process. If the Certificates and Mark sheets are in English then also any kind of Attestation required ?
See below my response to another user - I believe most of it is relevant in your case as well.

Check your country specific requirements here --> http://www.wes.org/ca/required/

Follow these steps for a hassle-free experience with WES

1. Get a provisional assessment done for all your educational qualifications here http://www.wes.org/ca/evaluations/preliminary.asp

2. Based on the provisional assessment report, you can decide which qualifications are likely to be validated as equivalent to Canadian credentials and also at what level.

3. After this, you can take an informed decision to apply for ECA from WES. You need to apply for Document-by-Document evaluation and you can decide to do this for single/multiple qualifications.

4. Once you've created your WES profile online, received the reference number, you'll have to send them official transcripts (signed off by the concerned authority at your University and sealed & signed by the same authority) in a sealed envelope to WES Canada.

5. You can send multiple sealed covers corresponding to multiple qualifications INSIDE one master sealed cover so that you save on some courier expenses. Include your Degree certificate copies separately as well. DHL, FedEx are usually reliable and have efficient tracking methods. Do not forget to superscribe the outside envelope with your reference number so that the receiver at WES know that this belongs to your file.

6. Keep a track of the status changes on your WES account online to see if they want you to do something else. Otherwise, expect a response from them in 4-6 weeks.

All the best!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EFK said:
Thankyou so much!!
Can you send me the links for the above pls? Because I'm finding conflicting information everywhere...
When I tried the CRS points calculator, it specifically asked for continuous, that is why I was confused.
EE eligibility ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

FSWP eligibility ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

Ministerial instructions for EE ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

sharma1990

Apr 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello guys

i have a problem,i am felling my family information but its not letting me save that information because i am not felling last name because my family members don't have any last name on their passports any suggestion would be helpful

thanks in advance

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sharma1990 said:
hello guys

i have a problem,i am felling my family information but its not letting me save that information because i am not felling last name because my family members don't have any last name on their passports any suggestion would be helpful

thanks in advance
For the time being, fill in "NOT APPLICABLE" and explain that in a Letter of Explanation later.

sharma1990

Apr 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
For the time being, fill in "NOT APPLICABLE" and explain that in a Letter of Explanation later.
i have one more question i know its confusing but on my passport they have their last name under fathers or mother name i don't know can i just fill up same details as shown on my passport

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sharma1990 said:
i have one more question i know its confusing but on my passport they have their last name under fathers or mother name i don't know can i just fill up same details as shown on my passport
No. If you're filling in their details, that should appear as on their passport.

IndianJack

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Education relevance

Does my education have to be in the same field as that of my occupation?
If I apply as a Sales Manager, do I need to have an MBA or some other qualification in sales or management?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Education relevance

IndianJack said:
Does my education have to be in the same field as that of my occupation?
If I apply as a Sales Manager, do I need to have an MBA or some other qualification in sales or management?
Not mandatory. In your specific case, you can apply for such a position with an undergraduate degree and few years of experience.