+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

tomkruz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
I am uploading all the doucments on mycic for the express entry since i received the ITA.

I dont see any section for uploading IELTS results.

Do i need to ask the test center to send the results directly to CIC ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomkruz said:
I am uploading all the doucments on mycic for the express entry since i received the ITA.

I dont see any section for uploading IELTS results.

Do i need to ask the test center to send the results directly to CIC ?
Not required. CIC checks it online using TRF reference number that you provide.

sharma1990

Apr 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys,

I have a question , do CIC takes more time issuing PR to d candidates with spouse as comparison to single candidate ?

Naaz kaur

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
hii everybody,

quick question. is the experience letter has to be on the employer's letter pad applying under express entry for Canadian Experience class or on the regular paper since we are going to the send them scan copies.

yeye0207

Aug 6, 2014
Good morning. I need your advice what is the meaning of this.

After 7 months of waiting for my ICAS report here is the assessment result: Secondary School Graduation / Applied Bachelor's Degree.

I graduated Architecture in my hometown, I took it for 5 years continuously then they will assess it equivalent to HIGH SCHOOL?

Please help me to interpret this report.

Thank you.

mdureja1

Jul 7, 2015
Thank you again.
and i keep receiving emails saying your application has been updated. check mycic. but when i log in, i do not see any messages. what does that supposed to mean?

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
Hi All, I was directed to post my question here, as I had originally posted this in a different section of this forum.

I am new to this forum, and have decided only recently to apply for a Canadian PR. I have a bachelors degree in Engineering (Computer Science), with 6.5 years of experience in the industry and am working as a senior software engineer in an MNC in Bangalore, India. I do not have a job offer from any Canadian firms yet (though I have been looking out on several job portals)

My IELTS scores are: R:9, L:8.5, W:7, S:7 and is valid for the next two years. I am yet to get my ECA from WES (will start with it in a week's time).

I am married, with a 1.5 year old daughter. My wife too has a bachelors degree in computer science and has been working for the past 5.5 years in the same industry as I am. But she has not attempted an IELTS test yet.

I have a couple of questions before I create an EE profile, and I am hoping I would get answers and tips from the helpful folks here:
1. Should my wife go in for an IELTS test as well? Would it make much of a difference?
2. My IELTS assessment using the tool on the CIC website was 437 - Is it a good enough score to go ahead?
3. Would I get any points for bringing my kid along?
4. Should I get an ECA for my wife as well?
5. I am 29 years old now, and my score came to about 72: Is this right?
IELTS: 24
Experience: 15
Education: 21
Total 72

Would be very grateful for your help! Also, I am new to this, and if I am posting in the wrong place, my apologies.

Thanks!

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
Can some one please clear my confusion :s, a 3 yr post secondary diploma and then a yr diploma both from canada. should i use 2 or more certificates, diploma, etc or jst a post secondary level for education part?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sharma1990 said:
Hello guys,

I have a question , do CIC takes more time issuing PR to d candidates with spouse as comparison to single candidate ?
That is not a general rule per se but it might be the case because there are additional background checks to be run for more than one person.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeye0207 said:
Good morning. I need your advice what is the meaning of this.

After 7 months of waiting for my ICAS report here is the assessment result: Secondary School Graduation / Applied Bachelor's Degree.

I graduated Architecture in my hometown, I took it for 5 years continuously then they will assess it equivalent to HIGH SCHOOL?

Please help me to interpret this report.

Thank you.
Check this conversion table to understand your report ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

Look for the Canadian equivalency of your highest degree in your report.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shashidhar_sm said:
Hi All, I was directed to post my question here, as I had originally posted this in a different section of this forum.

I am new to this forum, and have decided only recently to apply for a Canadian PR. I have a bachelors degree in Engineering (Computer Science), with 6.5 years of experience in the industry and am working as a senior software engineer in an MNC in Bangalore, India. I do not have a job offer from any Canadian firms yet (though I have been looking out on several job portals)

My IELTS scores are: R:9, L:8.5, W:7, S:7 and is valid for the next two years. I am yet to get my ECA from WES (will start with it in a week's time).

I am married, with a 1.5 year old daughter. My wife too has a bachelors degree in computer science and has been working for the past 5.5 years in the same industry as I am. But she has not attempted an IELTS test yet.

I have a couple of questions before I create an EE profile, and I am hoping I would get answers and tips from the helpful folks here:
1. Should my wife go in for an IELTS test as well? Would it make much of a difference?

I'm assuming you are the Principal Applicant. It isn't mandatory for the spouse to take the IELTS. If they do take it, that can add up to 20 points to the CRS score. Check here for details --->
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

2. My IELTS assessment using the tool on the CIC website was 437 - Is it a good enough score to go ahead?

Not yet for an ITA. The lowest cutoff so far in 11 draws has been 453 and it is expected to stay north of 450 in the medium term. But it is a good enough score to apply for various provincial programs though even those are almost done with filling up their quota for 2015. Check the specific PNP threads on the forum for details

3. Would I get any points for bringing my kid along?

You don't get any points for bringing your family along. But if you don't add them as "accompanying" in your PR application, they can't land in Canada with you when you get your PR visa. You'll have to sponsor them later and that is a much longer process with wait times in the range of 12-24 months.

4. Should I get an ECA for my wife as well?

I'm assuming you are the Principal Applicant. It isn't mandatory for the spouse ECA to be completed. If they do get it done, that can add up to 10 points to the CRS score. Check here for details --->[/b][/color] http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

5. I am 29 years old now, and my score came to about 72: Is this right?
IELTS: 24
Experience: 15
Education: 21
Total 72

Seems about right if you've taken it from here ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp
Do note that this is just program eligibility and you'll need to get your ECA done before you can setup your EE profile completely and be eligible for the draws.

Would be very grateful for your help! Also, I am new to this, and if I am posting in the wrong place, my apologies.

Thanks!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeye0207 said:
Does it mean that I can get 115 + 28 points?

thank you
You can't add up points for multiple educational qualifications. You will only get points for the highest qualification.

parminderk

Star Member
Sep 7, 2014
Hi Friends

My sister is going to apply under EE. the calculator shows she scores 439 points. could you please guide us how to get provincial nomination (may be for 2016 if not available for 2015) for EE and apart from Manitoba which other provinces are providing it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

sharma1990

Apr 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
That is not a general rule per se but it might be the case because there are additional background checks to be run for more than one person.
Thanx asivad anac +1 for you