+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

HRDJ

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Dear Asviad,

Need your inputs on following regarding Express Entry Profile.

1. I have done Bachelor and Master degree. But My ECA report from WES says Bachelor degree equivalent to Canadian Bachelor degree four years and Master is one year of Graduation degree. Highest qualification is Four year Bachelor degree. so while I was filling data in education in EE profile and I mentioned both my Bachelors and Master degree and Canadian degree equivalence to Bachelor degree in both education separately. Mentioned same ECA number. Hope this is ok.

2. Couple of people talking about uploading of document in express entry profile. Sorry have not uploaded any profile. I have not seen any such option. Does it mandatorily to upload document after creating express entry profile.

kindly advise

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mdureja1 said:
Thank you so much. I am really sorry to bother you again..
so when i write about mu canadian diploma which was a 2 year program, I should write 2 or more certificates or diplomas or degrees ( one of which should be a 3 year degree)
Is that what you just meant ?
Yes.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HRDJ said:
Dear Asviad,

Need your inputs on following regarding Express Entry Profile.

1. I have done Bachelor and Master degree. But My ECA report from WES says Bachelor degree equivalent to Canadian Bachelor degree four years and Master is one year of Graduation degree. Highest qualification is Four year Bachelor degree. so while I was filling data in education in EE profile and I mentioned both my Bachelors and Master degree and Canadian degree equivalence to Bachelor degree in both education separately. Mentioned same ECA number. Hope this is ok.

You've done it correctly.

2. Couple of people talking about uploading of document in express entry profile. Sorry have not uploaded any profile. I have not seen any such option. Does it mandatorily to upload document after creating express entry profile.

EE asks for document upload only after ITA.

kindly advise

IndianJack

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NOC Selection

I have a job experience of over 3 years in our family company.

Over years, I have performed various duties from sales/marketing to office management here.

My educational qualification is as follows:
B.A. Hons
M.A. Public Administration
PG Diploma in Journalism

At the moment I'm working as an Office Manager (NOC 1221).

Clearly, I do not have a degree/diploma in management.

However, it being a family company (multinational), I can assume any job title to match the NOC requirements of CIC.

Keeping these facts in view, please advise which job title/NOC should I apply with?

parminderk

Star Member
Sep 7, 2014
Hi Friends

Are there any adaptability points in EE for spouse's English language skills like FSW14. If yes, could you please let me know the minimum CLB points requirement for the spouse to claim these points? could you please also let me know the maximum points one can claim for this?

Quick replies would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: NOC Selection

IndianJack said:
I have a job experience of over 3 years in our family company.

Over years, I have performed various duties from sales/marketing to office management here.

My educational qualification is as follows:
B.A. Hons
M.A. Public Administration
PG Diploma in Journalism

At the moment I'm working as an Office Manager (NOC 1221).

Clearly, I do not have a degree/diploma in management.

However, it being a family company (multinational), I can assume any job title to match the NOC requirements of CIC.

Keeping these facts in view, please advise which job title/NOC should I apply with?
Job title isn't important If the main duties of a particular NOC matches your roles & responsibilities, you can choose that NOC. The educational requirements mentioned against most NOCs are more of a recommendation than a mandatory qualification (of course except for some NOCs like the ones pertaining to Doctors, Dentists etc).

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parminderk said:
Hi Friends

Are there any adaptability points in EE for spouse's English language skills like FSW14. If yes, could you please let me know the minimum CLB points requirement for the spouse to claim these points? could you please also let me know the maximum points one can claim for this?

Quick replies would be highly appreciated.

Regards
Spouse IELTS can get you upto 20 points.

CLB 4 and below will get 0, CLB 9 and above will get 20.

CRS calculator ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

IELTS - CLB equivalency chart ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp

IndianJack

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Asivad Anac said:
Job title isn't important If the main duties of a particular NOC matches your roles & responsibilities, you can choose that NOC. The educational requirements mentioned against most NOCs are more of a recommendation than a mandatory qualification (of course except for some NOCs like the ones pertaining to Doctors, Dentists etc).
Many thanks for your reply.
I have a major chunk of experience as Sales/Marketing Manager and would love to apply under this title. So should I go ahead with it even if I don't have any degree/diploma in management? (According to the CRS calculator on CIC website, my expected score is 474.)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

IndianJack said:
Many thanks for your reply.
I have a major chunk of experience as Sales/Marketing Manager and would love to apply under this title. So should I go ahead with it even if I don't have any degree/diploma in management? (According to the CRS calculator on CIC website, my expected score is 474.)
Yes. The onus is on you to prove that the NOC matches your work experience.

IndianJack

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Asivad Anac said:
Yes. The onus is on you to prove that the NOC matches your work experience.
Thanks Asivad Anac!
Besides a appointment and reference letters (describing all duties) from the employer and salary statements, what all measures can be taken to prove valid work experience and that NOC matches work experience?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

IndianJack said:
Thanks Asivad Anac!
Besides a appointment and reference letters (describing all duties) from the employer and salary statements, what all measures can be taken to prove valid work experience and that NOC matches work experience?
Try and get all of the following mentioned in your reference letter and you'll be fine. You don't need to provide salary statements if you can get salary details mentioned in the reference letter.

a reference or experience letter from the employer

should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and e-mail address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company);
should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits.

ugbo1

Jul 8, 2015
Please I am unable to register for job bank, I have already created my profile on cic but cannot submit my application. please can anyone provide steps to doing this, all attempts to register comes up with an error referring to my Express entry profile number and job seeker validation code that is 4 digits.

Thank you

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ugbo1 said:
Please I am unable to register for job bank, I have already created my profile on cic but cannot submit my application. please can anyone provide steps to doing this, all attempts to register comes up with an error referring to my Express entry profile number and job seeker validation code that is 4 digits.

Thank you
Here is the link https://seeker.jobbank.gc.ca/seeker/

Usually, the last 4 digits of your passport work as the verification code. Try using that. Or check for a message in your MyCIC profile containing the code.

ta779

Jul 9, 2015
Hello,

I do not know where I should post this question. I recently came to know about Express Entry. I am married, 52 years old and have an established paper business. I was involved trading paper from US and Uk and went on numerous business trips in the past years. Something about my background. I started my career as a Mechanical Engineer and worked five years as an engineer after graduation. Also, I have good net earnings and assets.

I request you all to please guide me if I am eligible to apply through any stream of Express entry.

Thanks

coolrc_04

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
Has anyone here applied through International Student with Job Offer stream?

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_JOB.html