+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
kakmam said:
Hi DoubleS and other senior members

I have one question regarding the selection of NOC while creating the EE profile.

I have worked on different profiles and my experience are against different NOCs. Please see below:

NOC code 4011 (University professor and lecturer)- exp is 5 months
NOC 1221 (Administrative Officer) - exp is 7 years and 4 months
NOC 2171 (Information systems Analysts and Consultants)- exp is 6 months

Hav started career as lecturer (NOC- 4011) and after 5 months, I have started working as project manager (NOC- 1221) and worked with three different firms for approx 7 years and 4 months and then I joined as Business Analyst (NOC- 2171) and currently working from last 6 months. I have selected all these info against the work history field in EE profile

Can I select 1221 as my primary NOC ?? The reason that I am asking this question is now I am working under NOC 2171 from last 6 months.
Asivad Anac said:
Yes. You can select 1221 as your primary NOC. Doesn't matter if you aren't working in that field right now - your past experience is still valid.
I second Asivad's answer. To qualify for FSW, you must have 1 or more year work experience in your primary NOC, and you meet that requirement.

Good luck!!!!!

JHGelbolingo

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver Nominee Office - Inside Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
Nomination.....
07-10-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
to DoubleS and other senior members,

I got my ECAS and Celpip Result. I am now ready to create my profile for EE so I can submit it for my BC PNP EE. My experience category falls unders NOC B, work as Supervisor, in CEC program. When completing filling up the Work history on EE, do I need to fill up only the relevant job as high skilled, and not to include those other low skilled job? Since, it only requires the skilled experience with in the last 10 years, either in my country and here in Canada, right?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

mapledipped

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2016
how do i answer this question in the profile creation under family -- "what funds (canadian dollars) does xxx have to bring to canada..."

i tried the amount $12000 because as per cic 1 family member is about $11k only, however i got an error. this is the last piece before i can submit my profile. hope someone can help me.

mapledipped

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2016
mapledipped said:
how do i answer this question in the profile creation under family -- "what funds (canadian dollars) does xxx have to bring to canada..."

i tried the amount $12000 because as per cic 1 family member is about $11k only, however i got an error. this is the last piece before i can submit my profile. hope someone can help me.
ok nevermind, i got it...i just dropped the $ and it went through. blonde moment. lol!

meysam.gh

Apr 22, 2015
Hi guys
I have updated my profile with my second degree but I have not get the points for two or more certificates... The only part I think I might have put my details wrong is the Level of education tab. There are 2 tabs that ask the same question. The first one just ask Level of education and the second one ask Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on report. Should I choose two or more certificates or degrees for both?!

thanks

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
JHGelbolingo said:
to DoubleS and other senior members,

I got my ECAS and Celpip Result. I am now ready to create my profile for EE so I can submit it for my BC PNP EE. My experience category falls unders NOC B, work as Supervisor, in CEC program. When completing filling up the Work history on EE, do I need to fill up only the relevant job as high skilled, and not to include those other low skilled job? Since, it only requires the skilled experience with in the last 10 years, either in my country and here in Canada, right?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I am not sure what the answer to your question is. But, if it were me, I would enter all my work experience in the last 10 years, including the low skilled ones.
I'm hoping another member who actually faced this situation will respond to your query.
All the best!!!

Jan 23, 2015
Hi All,

Please can you any of help me to know to get Higher points, To get an job offer when u are from India and have just submitted ur EE profile.

Becoz without Job Offer i am only getting 355 points.

Thanks
Sam

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Praise the Lord_Sam said:
Hi All,

Please can you any of help me to know to get Higher points, To get an job offer when u are from India and have just submitted ur EE profile.

Becoz without Job Offer i am only getting 355 points.

Thanks
Sam
The job bank feature isn't ready yet for employers to search for your profile - you are free to browse the job bank and other job portals to see if you can land a job. However, note that you need an LMIA approved job to get additional 600 points and such a job isn't easy to obtain while outside Canada.

Alternatively, you can look into other posts in this forum that are talking about provincial nomination from various provinces. That will give you 600 additional points leading to an ITA.

In addition to all the above, try to improve your points. The best way to do that is to get a high score in IELTS.

All the best!

lkromidha

Jun 3, 2015
Your speaking score is too low, all 4 categories have to be 6 or higher. I would suggest that you work on improving all your scores, the higher they are the better your CRS points will be.

You can you'd the CIC CRS points calculator to see how language scores will affect your overall CRS points:

Thank you very much DoubleS for your reply, but i still didn't understand, if i am eligible to apply under Express Entry or do i have to retake the IELTS test again?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lkromidha said:
Your speaking score is too low, all 4 categories have to be 6 or higher. I would suggest that you work on improving all your scores, the higher they are the better your CRS points will be.

You can you'd the CIC CRS points calculator to see how language scores will affect your overall CRS points:

Thank you very much DoubleS for your reply, but i still didn't understand, if i am eligible to apply under Express Entry or do i have to retake the IELTS test again?
You have to retake the IELTS and score at least 6 in each of the sections to be eligible if you're applying under NOC 0/A. Right now, you aren't eligible.

jaysingh10

Star Member
May 13, 2015
Guys I have done my MSc Finance from UCL London,but I am based out of India now,can I tell my university to send copy of degree as well as marksheet directly to WES Quoting my reference number,would that be accepted by them. I am confused as for UK it was written that Award letter/Degree should be send by applicant and Transcript by Institution.. ?

kakmam

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
DoubleS said:
I second Asivad's answer. To qualify for FSW, you must have 1 or more year work experience in your primary NOC, and you meet that requirement.

Good luck!!!!!
thansk ASivad and DOubleS for inputs

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
jaysingh10 said:
Guys I have done my MSc Finance from UCL London,but I am based out of India now,can I tell my university to send copy of degree as well as marksheet directly to WES Quoting my reference number,would that be accepted by them. I am confused as for UK it was written that Award letter/Degree should be send by applicant and Transcript by Institution.. ?
Yes, you should instruct your University to send your "Transcript of academic records issued by the institutions attended - showing all subjects completed and all grades/marks awarded for all years of post-secondary study" to WES directly. You can also explore whether your University uses either Digitary® or Gradintel for electronic document delivery to WES.
What they are saying is that you should send them photocopies of your degree(s) with your application form to WES.
So in summary, you will send photocopies of your degree to WES with the application form and your University should send your transcript to WES.
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

goms

Feb 3, 2015
I have a question:
Me and my spouse are under NOC A (it and hr professionals)

Would it be advisable to create our OWN SEPARATE EE profiles? The reason is so that if there is an employer that has an LMIA job offer for HR then they can see my wife‘s profile. And same goes for the IT employers.

Or should we just create a single EE profile and make me the primary applicant?