+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
perdy said:
good day every one

how much does the express entry process cost for me my two kinds
You can find all the information here ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

Look for Economic Classes (including Express Entry) under Permanent Resident Visa - Fees, Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) and anything else that you think applies to your individual situation.

All the best!

rajeshwar08

Mar 7, 2015
Hello Everyone,

Few questions .

I am from Indian origin and completed my Master's degree in USA and with 3 years of experience.Please help me with few questions below if you know.
Because my last degree is from USA
1. Do I need to write IELTS ?
2. Is writing French proficiency exam mandatory along with IELTS?
3. Does my education credentials still need to be evaluated by Canadian agency?

Thanks in advance!! :)

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
rajeshwar08 said:
Hello Everyone,

Few questions .

I am from Indian origin and completed my Master's degree in USA and with 3 years of experience.Please help me with few questions below if you know.
Because my last degree is from USA
1. Do I need to write IELTS ? Yes
2. Is writing French proficiency exam mandatory along with IELTS? No
3. Does my education credentials still need to be evaluated by Canadian agency? Yes

Thanks in advance!! :)

meysam.gh

Apr 22, 2015
Hi guys

I have a question. I have applied for express entry with my degree which was evaluated by WES. But now I have evaluated my other study and I want to update it in my profile. Should I only update my last degree and change the level education to Two or more certificate... or should I add my other certificate in a new column?

Thanks in advance

snigdha1987

May 29, 2015
Dear Doubles ,

I have another question im hoping you can solve.

My career pattern has been really all messed up and confused... to give you a brief..
Im an MBA in Human Resources... but for some funny reason I started working in the sales and marketing department for 3.5 years!
Post which I joined a family owned start-up for a 1.5 years as a Trainer (back to Human Resources) and now currently with another company as Trainer (Human Resources again) since the past 3 months.

In total I have over 5 years of experience but only about 1.5 years as per my educational qualification! Will this affect the process??
Also , as 1.5 years have been with a family owned business will that count?
Does the CIC call and cross refer all the information we provide?

Thanks a Ton !
Snigdha

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
snigdha1987 said:
Dear Doubles ,

I have another question im hoping you can solve.

My career pattern has been really all messed up and confused... to give you a brief..
Im an MBA in Human Resources... but for some funny reason I started working in the sales and marketing department for 3.5 years!
Post which I joined a family owned start-up for a 1.5 years as a Trainer (back to Human Resources) and now currently with another company as Trainer (Human Resources again) since the past 3 months.

In total I have over 5 years of experience but only about 1.5 years as per my educational qualification! Will this affect the process?? No, it will not affect your application. What is relevant to CIC is that you have one or more year Skilled work experience ( NOC O, A or B)

Also , as 1.5 years have been with a family owned business will that count? I did not find any documentation on CIC website stating this is not allowed. I am assuming that as long as you are able to provide required documentation, CIC should be satisfied.

Does the CIC call and cross refer all the information we provide? My understanding is that CIC uses numerous methods to varify information we provide in our applications. Therefore, applicants can't know whether CIC will utilize the method of calling to varify information they provided, but have to be cognizant of the fact that it is a possibility.

I hope other members will also share their opinions to your questions.

Thanks a Ton !
Snigdha

jaysingh10

Star Member
May 13, 2015
Hi I have few doubts,please clear them

1. I am Unemployed as of Now since last 2 years but have exp of more than 1+ year in a IT consulting firm,will my being unemployed in any way affect my application.

2. The NOC code under which we have to apply,do we need to mention all the duties as on CIC Noc code list or we can add/edit and modify it on our Job Letter.

3. When do we need to provide proof of funds after ITA or before?

4.How long do we need to keep the funds in our account,how much money in Rs we need to show for 2 people(Husband and wife) and in what format we need it from bank,just a bank statement or any particular format.

kakmam

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Hi DoubleS and other senior members

I have one question regarding the selection of NOC while creating the EE profile.

I have worked on different profiles and my experience are against different NOCs. Please see below:

NOC code 4011 (University professor and lecturer)- exp is 5 months
NOC 1221 (Administrative Officer) - exp is 7 years and 4 months
NOC 2171 (Information systems Analysts and Consultants)- exp is 6 months

Hav started career as lecturer (NOC- 4011) and after 5 months, I have started working as project manager (NOC- 1221) and worked with three different firms for approx 7 years and 4 months and then I joined as Business Analyst (NOC- 2171) and currently working from last 6 months. I have selected all these info against the work history field in EE profile

Can I select 1221 as my primary NOC ?? The reason that I am asking this question is now I am working under NOC 2171 from last 6 months.

ash137

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I have some queries and I think this forum is the best place to get them addressed

1. I have 13 years of experience, do I need to enter details in EE profile for all the companies I worked for in last 13 years or just the last 10 years (as max points are for 6 yrs + experience ?
2. In case I need to submit details for all 13 years, do I also need Employment reference letters from each employer (some of them were for a different NOC code)
3. Do I need to update entire experience details for my wife, I read someplace that my wife's experience does not add to the point score.
4. Employment Reference letters should ideally be on Employer letterhead, in case that's not possible, can we get an email from the official email address of last manager with the required details ?
5. Getting an Employment reference letter from current employer is usually a challenge... any suggestion on how others have been able to get the same.. ?

Thanks in advance..

lkromidha

Jun 3, 2015
Hello,

Can you please clarify, if i am eligible to apply for FSW PR with the below scores of IELTS:

Speaking 5.5
Listening 6
Writing 6.5
Reading 6

I am a NOC A.

Thank you very much in advance!

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
lkromidha said:
Hello,

Can you please clarify, if i am eligible to apply for FSW PR with the below scores of IELTS:

Speaking 5.5
Listening 6
Writing 6.5
Reading 6

I am a NOC A.

Thank you very much in advance!
Your speaking score is too low, all 4 categories have to be 6 or higher. I would suggest that you work on improving all your scores, the higher they are the better your CRS points will be.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp
You can you'd the CIC CRS points calculator to see how language scores will affect your overall CRS points:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Good luck!!!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaysingh10 said:
Hi I have few doubts,please clear them

1. I am Unemployed as of Now since last 2 years but have exp of more than 1+ year in a IT consulting firm,will my being unemployed in any way affect my application.

Being unemployed won't affect your file directly but having lesser experience would get you lesser CRS points hence reducing your chances of getting an ITA. Recommend you get a job while you wait for this process to unfold.

2. The NOC code under which we have to apply,do we need to mention all the duties as on CIC Noc code list or we can add/edit and modify it on our Job Letter.

It should not be an exact copy-paste job. You must suitably edit it so that your broad roles & responsibilities are in line with the NOC specs.

3. When do we need to provide proof of funds after ITA or before?

POF in the form of a letter from your bank(s) has to be submitted along with other documents after you get an ITA.

4.How long do we need to keep the funds in our account,how much money in Rs we need to show for 2 people(Husband and wife) and in what format we need it from bank,just a bank statement or any particular format.

For 2 members, it is almost 15000 CAD (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp). The money should be in your bank account till the process is complete.

Check under Proof of Funds at this link (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp) for detailed information.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ash137 said:
Hi All,

I have some queries and I think this forum is the best place to get them addressed

1. I have 13 years of experience, do I need to enter details in EE profile for all the companies I worked for in last 13 years or just the last 10 years (as max points are for 6 yrs + experience ?

EE asks you for the most recent 10 years work experience only.

2. In case I need to submit details for all 13 years, do I also need Employment reference letters from each employer (some of them were for a different NOC code)

As above

3. Do I need to update entire experience details for my wife, I read someplace that my wife's experience does not add to the point score.

Check here (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp). Spouse's work experience fetches CRS points only if that experience was gained within Canada.

4. Employment Reference letters should ideally be on Employer letterhead, in case that's not possible, can we get an email from the official email address of last manager with the required details ?

This can be done as a last resort and has to be satisfactorily explained in the Letter of Explanation that you are allowed to submit along with other documents after ITA. In such cases, official mails might work else you will have to look at notarizing the said document before submission.

5. Getting an Employment reference letter from current employer is usually a challenge... any suggestion on how others have been able to get the same.. ?

Depends on the individual. Some are able to wrangle this out of HR without the supervisor knowing it while others can't. It is also possible to do this by showing your other employment evidences including offer letter, appraisal letter, pay stubs, tax records etc instead of a reference letter.

Thanks in advance..
Hope that helps. All the best!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kakmam said:
Hi DoubleS and other senior members

I have one question regarding the selection of NOC while creating the EE profile.

I have worked on different profiles and my experience are against different NOCs. Please see below:

NOC code 4011 (University professor and lecturer)- exp is 5 months
NOC 1221 (Administrative Officer) - exp Yeis 7 years and 4 months
NOC 2171 (Information systems Analysts and Consultants)- exp is 6 months

Hav started career as lecturer (NOC- 4011) and after 5 months, I have started working as project manager (NOC- 1221) and worked with three different firms for approx 7 years and 4 months and then I joined as Business Analyst (NOC- 2171) and currently working from last 6 months. I have selected all these info against the work history field in EE profile

Can I select 1221 as my primary NOC ?? The reason that I am asking this question is now I am working under NOC 2171 from last 6 months.
Yes. You can select 1221 as your primary NOC. Doesn't matter if you aren't working in that field right now - your past experience is still valid.