+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
SimranBaidwan67 said:
Hi Guys,

Not sure if this question is already been answered but i will appreciate if someone can answer it again.

I have done my Bachelors from India and a 1 year diploma from Ontario, do i need to get ECA to get points for my Bachelors,

Thanks in advance.

Simran
Yes, you need to do an ECA for your Bachelors if you want to get points for it.

SimranBaidwan67

Jun 7, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-oct-2015
Hi DoubleS,

I spoke to a lawyer and she said once we study in canada our previous studies automatically gets evaluated.

anyways i am living in alberta how can i get ECA and how long will it take.

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
SimranBaidwan67 said:
Hi DoubleS,

I spoke to a lawyer and she said once we study in canada our previous studies automatically gets evaluated.

anyways i am living in alberta how can i get ECA and how long will it take.
When you are completing your profile, and you are entering the details of your Bachelors, you will be asked "Was Simran Baidwan Awarded a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate for this period of study?" If your answer is no, your next question will be whether you did an assessment for this period of study. If you say no, you will not receive any points for this period of study.

The lawyer you spoke with is half right, in the sense that in order to get acceptance for your 1 year Diploma programme, your Canadian school probably evaluated your Bachelors, however, CIC will not see it this way, you would only be awarded points for your Diploma. If you had a Canadian Masters, there would be no need to evaluate your Indian Bachelors, because your Masters gets you more points than a Bachelors. But in your case a Diploma will get you less points than a Bachelors will.

The processing time for ECA vary, most persons of the forum have stated that WES offers the fastest service. Here is a link to their website and also to CIC's website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp
http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/updates/

BTW, if your score with only your Diploma is high enough to get you an ITA, then there is no need to get your Bachelors assessed.

Good luck!!!

Zahmed87

Star Member
May 12, 2015
Hello everyone !!

Can anyone pls tell me how long it takes to receive job match validation code after creating an express entry profile.

I just created one, and it shows that I am eligible for FSWP. But I have not received job match code yet !:(

Thanks

mechanical95

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-July-15
Doc's Request.
24-July-15 & 5-Aug-15
AOR Received.
17-July-15
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
May 15
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Nov 15
VISA ISSUED...
8-Dec 15
LANDED..........
27-May-16
Asivad Anac said:
That PCC is sufficient.
Thanks alot for reply.
I believe you replied based on following red statement on CIC website:
For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mechanical95 said:
Thanks alot for reply.
I believe you replied based on following red statement on CIC website:
For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.
Yes. Plus it has been discussed and confirmed on this forum multiple times.

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
Zahmed87 said:
Hello everyone !!

Can anyone pls tell me how long it takes to receive job match validation code after creating an express entry profile.

I just created one, and it shows that I am eligible for FSWP. But I have not received job match code yet !:(

Thanks
Most times its within a few minutes. Try the following:

While logged into your MyCIC, follow the following steps:
1. Go to the section titled "View my submitted applications or profiles"
2. For the Application Type -- Express Entry, press the button "Check status and messages"
3. Go to the section titled "Application Messages"
4. Press on the row -- "Express Entry profile received - Next Steps - JobBank" or the drop down arrow
5. Click the word "here" -- this will open up a pdf document containing your "Express Entry profile number" and
your "Job Seeker validation code". If these numbers are not visible, open the document on another device/computer, it could be as a result of the PDF viewer you are using. Mine don't show on my IPad, but show on my desktop.

Good luck!!!

mechanical95

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-July-15
Doc's Request.
24-July-15 & 5-Aug-15
AOR Received.
17-July-15
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
May 15
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Nov 15
VISA ISSUED...
8-Dec 15
LANDED..........
27-May-16
Question: 1: I am Pakistani and living in Saudi Arabia. In travel documents shall I only upload my recent passport with visa stamp pages or..... all previous passports even older than 10 years with visa stamp pages.

Do I upload resident permit of Saudi Arabia as well along with Passports copies??

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
mechanical95 said:
Question: 1: I am Pakistani and living in Saudi Arabia. In travel documents shall I only upload my recent passport with visa stamp pages or..... all previous passports even older than 10 years with visa stamp pages.

Do I upload resident permit of Saudi Arabia as well along with Passports copies??
They only require scanned pages from your valid/current passport. Your resident permit is not a required document, but if you want to submit it, you could upload it in the "Letter of explanation" section.

jideoba

Dec 12, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Is there anything else you have to do after you have registered with job bank?
When next is the pooling or selection taking place?
How do you know you've been selected?
If one gets a job offer, how do update your express entry profile to reflect the new change?
Thanks for all the answers. 8) 8) 8) 8)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jideoba said:
Hello Everyone,

Is there anything else you have to do after you have registered with job bank?

Nothing beyond trying to see if you wrangle those additional 600 points (in case you don't have a LMIA approved job offer or PN already).

When next is the pooling or selection taking place?

No one knows. Keep watching the forum/CIC for updates.

How do you know you've been selected?

If the cutoff score in a particular draw is LOWER than your CRS score, you will be given an ITA and receive a mail to that effect.

If one gets a job offer, how do update your express entry profile to reflect the new change?

If it is a regular job offer, simply update your work history to keep your profile up-to-date. If it is an LMIA approved job offer, you'll have to edit your profile to put in those additional details in order to get the 600 points.

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
jideoba said:
Hello Everyone,

Is there anything else you have to do after you have registered with job bank? Wait for CIC to conduct a draw and hope your CRS is high enough to get you an ITA.

When next is the pooling or selection taking place? CIC does not announce when draws are done. The majority of the previous draws were done on a Friday, so you should monitor their website and also this forum.

How do you know you've been selected? You will receive an email from CIC stating that your profile has been updated. You will then have to log into your MyCIC account; the ITA message will be there.

If one gets a job offer, how do update your express entry profile to reflect the new change? Log into your MYCIC account and update the "Work History -- sub-section (Intended work in Canada)" section.[/

Good luck!!!!!!

visa_expat

Aug 29, 2014
Hi Friends,

This draws seems to be a never ending wait for the people without job offer. People with job offer keep on coming intermittently and increasing the score.
Can anyone predict whether next 2-3 draws will bring cutoff closer to 410?

Thanks,