+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

oboto

Jul 3, 2017
hi guys,
please i would like to know what I can use with regards to job reference letters and experience letters since the company I presently work for is jointly owned by me.

I also worked for two years under my family company as a marketer. Is a reference letter and experience letter( on the company letter headed paper)from my sister who is the manager acceptable ?

Please your input is urgently required.

Reactions: crazymaverick

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Hey Buddy,
Thanks for the quick reply. I raised the request through the same web form. Any other alternative you have for me.
I am afraid I don't have any:) Just, best wishes :)

karanrajpal84

Dec 4, 2017
Hi mate

I was in the process of uploading some of the final docs. I was hoping to get some clarity on the following from you:

1. All my work exp letters are fine, except one. I was trying to contact this company, but they won't answer as it has now been acquired by a bigger one. I do have the original relieving letter though and it says my designation, employee number and the time period. However, it doesn't say stuff like full time, details on roles/responsibilities. I do have some of the pay slips from here too. As per the ITA received and the current PR application, this is in my employment records/work history. What do you reckon I do with this one? Share whatever best I have or move it from work to personal history? Will this impact the application if I make this edit? either way, will explain whatever i do in the LOE

2. Similarly, I have the ECA for my MBA, but not for my B.Tech, however, I have mentioned both in the study and languages section. Should I remove this totally or share the degree with transcripts anway? either way, will explain whatever i do in the LOE.

3. Once you click on the continue application bit, it brings you to the PR application page that has different categories, work, personal history etc. It still says update form next to them. Do you reckon making any of the above said or new changes at this point would make an adverse impact on the application? either way, will explain whatever i do in the LOE

4. For one of my jobs with a company, I've had multiple roles & locations. I got this company to give me one consolidated letter clearly highlighting my designation, duration, location and details of the various roles involved. I have added pay slips from the all the different locations as well. However, I have added the same attachment to 6-7 different line items for the same company in the document checklist page. Hope this is OK. either way, will explain whatever i do in the LOE

5. Are any birth or other certificates nev

that's all i can think of right now. Do share your thoughts whenever you get a chance.

thanks
Karan

Sud_6

May 10, 2017
Hello All,

I have 3 years of work experience in Pharmacovigilance domain as Drug safety analyst with the following responsibilities:

Trained on drug safety database in order to assist intake of initial adverse event reports, perform outbound follow up (written or verbal) related to Adverse event reports with health care professionals and other manufacturers.

· Data entry, medical coding and quality check of Individual case safety reports (ICSRs) in Pharmacovigilance database (ARISg) and other case management activities.

· Determine if medical enquires should be further investigated as product complaints or adverse events and triage as per Drug Safety/Quality Assurance Protocols accordingly. Organizes and maintains compliance for client specific documents and folders.

· Contact internal resources or clients to solicit medical information required for high level detail in order to provide accurate answers to product related queries.

Can anyone suggest the NOC for the above stated.

Response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Sud

hardikp

Dec 18, 2017
This post, I believe would clear some confusion about 2 or more degrees.

Yes, you CAN choose 2 or more degrees. I'd like to explain this a bit because there is a LOT of confusion surrounding this.

This is what is mentioned on the CIC site -

here's the link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

People have completely missed to notice the "PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school)" clause. See, what that sentence means is - If you have 2 credentials AND one of them is at least 3 years long, then you could choose 2 or more degrees if the second credential is ANYTHING THAT IS AVAILABLE BELOW THIS SECTION (which includes all the below -

>> Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
>> Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
>> One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

OR

The any one from the list that is provided under the "2 or more degrees section" -

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-undergraduate certificate
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Post-undergraduate diploma
Graduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
Graduate diploma
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
one-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]
Study Toward a Master's Degree

In conclusion, as long as you have a 3 year degree AND your second degree/diploma has been evaluated to any of the following, you CAN choose 2 or more degrees.

College Diploma (three years)
Diploma (three years)
Three-year diploma in [name of discipline]
Three-year advanced diploma
Bachelor's Degree
Applied Bachelor's Degree
Bachelor's degree (three years)
Three-year Bachelor's degree, specializing in [name of discipline]
Three-year Bachelor degree
Bachelor's degree (four years)
Four-year Bachelor's degree, specializing in [name of discipline]
Four-year Bachelor degree
Three-year post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
Applied Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
Bachelor of Technology degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
Three-year Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
Four-year Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
College Diploma
College Diploma (two years)
Diploma (two years)
Two-year diploma
Two-year diploma in [name of discipline]
Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
Associate Degree
Associate of [Arts/Science] degree
Post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
Two-year post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
Two-year associate degree
College Certificate
Completion of College-level certificate
University Certificate
University Diploma
One-year certificate in [name of discipline]
Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
One-year Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
One-year certificate
Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-undergraduate certificate
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Post-undergraduate diploma
Graduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
Graduate diploma
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
one-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]
Study Toward a Master's Degree

I was scrutinizing this a few minutes back and that PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school) caught my attention and it made all the difference.

Please share this post to people who have doubts about choosing 2 or more degrees when they have 2 credentials that has both been evaluated to Bachelor's degree.
Hi All,

I received the WES result as below today. I want to confirm if I can select "Two or more degrees option" in express entry profile based on the results below. Thanks in advance.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY: Bachelor's degree (three years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

1)
Name on Credential: Hardik
Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Business Administration
Year: 2009
Awarded By: Gujarat University
Major/Specialization: Business Administration
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)

2)
Credential: Postgraduate Diploma (AICTE)
Year: 2011
Awarded By: Institute of Management Development & Research
Major/Specialization: Management
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

aalzi

Dec 21, 2017

aalzi

Dec 21, 2017
<<< This post is straight from my blog. I thought it would be better to have a copy on the forum too>>>

You will have created your profile by now. Now you have to sit down patiently and wait for your ITA. The odds of getting an ITA are directly proportional to your CRS. Higher your CRS, higher the chances of getting invited. This is the end of the pre-application phase.

Please find the step-by-step details here
I hope, as a reader, you will be satisfied with the information on this post. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment. Feel free to share your suggestions about this post. Also, if you want me to add something to this post/write a post on other related topics, please ask. Thanks!

-rajkamalmohanram
Hi RajKamal... great work, brilliant piece of info.

Not sure if I am the only one facing this issue, but I cannot access the personalized links that you have added to your post.

eg : https://dhavaldesai.me/how-to-open-express-entry-profile-with-images/12-canadian-immigration

Appreciate your help.
Thanks!

Alex_K

Feb 2, 2017
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
Med's Done....
25-01-2018
Hey guys, I was filling out my application and got some doubts.
1 - By filling out her work history (outside Canada), the systems asks for work letter to be upload. So should I put that she hasn't any work experience?
2 - The same case with her education. I put that she hasn't ECA (so no points will be awarded) but even so the system asks to upload her education docs. What should I do in this case?

Since the beginning, I just claimed spouse points for IELTS, nothing else. So there's no point in uploading these docs, but even so, the systems ask to do it.

pedro2121

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Hi everyone,

I've just filled out my EE profile. I was wondering how I can be sure that the application is submitted and if I am now in the pool?

Cheers!

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi everyone,

I've just filled out my EE profile. I was wondering how I can be sure that the application is submitted and if I am now in the pool?

Cheers!
You will receive an email and notification in your account.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hey guys, I was filling out my application and got some doubts.
1 - By filling out her work history (outside Canada), the systems asks for work letter to be upload. So should I put that she hasn't any work experience?
2 - The same case with her education. I put that she hasn't ECA (so no points will be awarded) but even so the system asks to upload her education docs. What should I do in this case?

Since the beginning, I just claimed spouse points for IELTS, nothing else. So there's no point in uploading these docs, but even so, the systems ask to do it.
Hi,

You should say that she has no work experience and education under work and education history. You should then enter it all in the Personal history section where no evidence is required. This is perfectly acceptable, just mention the changes in your LOE.

If you do this the system wont ask for anything.

regards

Reactions: Alex_K

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Reactions: aalzi

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi All,

I received the WES result as below today. I want to confirm if I can select "Two or more degrees option" in express entry profile based on the results below. Thanks in advance.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY: Bachelor's degree (three years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

1)
Credential: Bachelor of Business Administration
Year: 2009
Awarded By: Gujarat University
Major/Specialization: Business Administration
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)

2)
Credential: Postgraduate Diploma (AICTE)
Year: 2011
Awarded By: Institute of Management Development & Research
Major/Specialization: Management
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)
Hi,

This is indeed "Two or more degree...."

Enter each credential and select Bachelor's degree. The system will the automatically give you points for "Two or more..."

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi mate

I was in the process of uploading some of the final docs. I was hoping to get some clarity on the following from you:

1. All my work exp letters are fine, except one. I was trying to contact this company, but they won't answer as it has now been acquired by a bigger one. I do have the original relieving letter though and it says my designation, employee number and the time period. However, it doesn't say stuff like full time, details on roles/responsibilities. I do have some of the pay slips from here too. As per the ITA received and the current PR application, this is in my employment records/work history. What do you reckon I do with this one? Share whatever best I have or move it from work to personal history? Will this impact the application if I make this edit? either way, will explain whatever i do in the LOE

If you have not claimed points for this experience you can move it to the personal history section where no evidence is required.
If you are claiming points, ask a former superior to write a reference letter for you and submit it together with the documents you have. Then explain in your LOE.

2. Similarly, I have the ECA for my MBA, but not for my B.Tech, however, I have mentioned both in the study and languages section. Should I remove this totally or share the degree with transcripts anway? either way, will explain whatever i do in the LOE.

Remove it and only enter it in the personal history section. Explain this in the LOE.

3. Once you click on the continue application bit, it brings you to the PR application page that has different categories, work, personal history etc. It still says update form next to them. Do you reckon making any of the above said or new changes at this point would make an adverse impact on the application? either way, will explain whatever i do in the LOE

As long as you havent claimed claimed points for the work experience and you remain above 67 points in the six factor eligibility there will be no effect. With regards to education, you are awarded points for your highest qualification, so the masters is all you need.

4. For one of my jobs with a company, I've had multiple roles & locations. I got this company to give me one consolidated letter clearly highlighting my designation, duration, location and details of the various roles involved. I have added pay slips from the all the different locations as well. However, I have added the same attachment to 6-7 different line items for the same company in the document checklist page. Hope this is OK. either way, will explain whatever i do in the LOE

This is perfectly fine.

5. Are any birth or other certificates nev

Not for adults, unless you are using it as proof of a relationship with someone in Canada.

that's all i can think of right now. Do share your thoughts whenever you get a chance.

thanks
Karan
Hi,

See answers in red.

All the best