+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

apkaur

Dec 25, 2017
Hello experts,

I am an absolute novice in terms of immigration and stuff and just started to think about it.

I have booked my IELTS exam and prepping for it, filed an ECA for my education post secondary education. Anything else that I should be doing right now?
Secondly, I read on a couple of forums that I should collect mu referemce letters before getting into EE pool, so that I enter my NOC code according to what my reference letter says. My doubt is when is the suitable time to get it? Is there any validity of the reference letter?
PS : My current job is my first job with 3+ years of experience in IT field.

Lastly, what are the acceptable ways to show POF. I have it all in either my PPF account or tax saver FDs which is for 5 years tenure. Almost 5 lacs of savings but not older than 3 years. Is it acceptable by CIC Immigration officers or not?

Thanks

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello experts,

I am an absolute novice in terms of immigration and stuff and just started to think about it.

I have booked my IELTS exam and prepping for it, filed an ECA for my education post secondary education. Anything else that I should be doing right now?
Secondly, I read on a couple of forums that I should collect mu referemce letters before getting into EE pool, so that I enter my NOC code according to what my reference letter says. My doubt is when is the suitable time to get it? Is there any validity of the reference letter?
PS : My current job is my first job with 3+ years of experience in IT field.

Lastly, what are the acceptable ways to show POF. I have it all in either my PPF account or tax saver FDs which is for 5 years tenure. Almost 5 lacs of savings but not older than 3 years. Is it acceptable by CIC Immigration officers or not?

Thanks
Hi,

1) That's all you need for now.
2) No that's not true. You know the experience you have, so select an NOC based on that and then ask your employer to write a reference that is aligned to the NOC. Since you have only had 1 job this should not be a difficult task. There is no validity but the fresher the better. I would get it post-ITA.
3) I'm not sure what a PPF account is, but if the 5 lacs is more that you need just use that account and leave out everything else. You only need to show your average 6 month balance and current balance, so you are good to go.

Happy holiday

apkaur

Dec 25, 2017
Hi,

2) No that's not true. You know the experience you have, so select an NOC based on that and then ask your employer to write a reference that is aligned to the NOC. Since you have only had 1 job this should not be a difficult task. There is no validity but the fresher the better. I would get it post-ITA.
3) I'm not sure what a PPF account is, but if the 5 lacs is more that you need just use that account and leave out everything else. You only need to show your average 6 month balance and current balance, so you are good to go.

Happy holiday

Thankuu!
What would you suggest if I should let my university send the docs themselves or ask them to send to my address and then dispatch myself along with the other things.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
At the moment, was just wanting to see the process in snapshots as mentioned in the post.

I have got my IELTS results and transcripts for one of my educational degrees but awaiting the other one. ECA is yet to begin, so I do not have any queries as of now.

Thanks for offering to help, will definitely call out when I begin the process of actually creating my profile:)

Thanks!
Oh ok. All you need to start the process is the IELTS and ECA. Then you can take the come to Canada questionnaire in order to enter the pool:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool-immigration-express-entry.html

Before that you can calculate your points using:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

And eligibility for the FSWP here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

You will find information on the required documents here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Happy holidays

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Thankuu!
What would you suggest if I should let my university send the docs themselves or ask them to send to my address and then dispatch myself along with the other things.
If the Uni can send directly, let them do so. However, if you feel its quicker for you to send to WES then you can do it. In my case WES specifically wanted the transcript to come directly from the Uni.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi experts,

Is there anyone from banking profession here? Can you pls see the below duties of my friend and let me know which NOC goes well with it? Thanks

Duties
A bank assistant manager is just as responsible as the bank manager for the overall success or failure a bank faces. He is responsible in assisting the bank manager in training all the bank employees to do their job well. They help in budgeting of the banks expenses and help create a fool-proof daily routine that the employees can follow. Bank assistant managers help the bank manager in a lot of his duties and tasks.
Hi,

It could be 0122, however, selecting an NOC can only be done by the individual them self as it is all about the duties and responsibilities they have held.

The title of assistant manager does not matter, if their experience is in line with NOC 0122 they can select it. If not the can find something else that best suites their experience.

Happy holidays.

Reactions: Midnight Blessing

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Dear @rajkamalmohanram

I have got my ITA and I have completed my PR application, and uploaded all required documents. Now I am struggling to find a submission option. I can not find any thing which takes me to submission stage.

I have completed everything in my PR profile in my CIC account of Express Entry... but I am going crazy because I can not find an option to submit this application.

Please help!!
Hi,

I hope you eventually succeeded. After you complete all sections of the eAPR there should be a submit button at the bottom. This takes you to the upload section. After uploading all the required documents you should see a button that takes you to the payment section.

I should be very clear.

Happy holidays

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Hi,

It could be 0122, however, selecting an NOC can only be done by the individual them self as it is all about the duties and responsibilities they have held.

The title of assistant manager does not matter, if their experience is in line with NOC 0122 they can select it. If not the can find something else that best suites their experience.

Happy holidays.

Hi, @TanakaM

Thank you so much for your reply, i will forward it to her and hopefully she can select NOC as per her original responsibilities.

I also have sent you a PM, if you can check and let me know, it will be too good for me :) thank you so much

sandy.y

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
India
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Hi,

Happy holiday
Couple of comments:

- PPF: You need liquid cash or investments. PPF is locked-in for 15 years so it will most likely not be an acceptable proof.
- If you have lived in the US or any other country where it takes a long time to get police clearance, you can start that process now.

Reactions: apkaur and TanakaM

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Couple of comments:

- PPF: You need liquid cash or investments. PPF is locked-in for 15 years so it will most likely not be an acceptable proof.
- If you have lived in the US or any other country where it takes a long time to get police clearance, you can start that process now.
What does PPF stand for?

apkaur

Dec 25, 2017
Couple of comments:

Thanks!
I believe PF can be used 2montsh after the resignation in the current job in case if one is immigrating. How about 5year tax saver FDs?

sandy.y

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
India
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Thanks!
I believe PF can be used 2montsh after the resignation in the current job in case if one is immigrating. How about 5year tax saver FDs?
Yes, I believe PF can be used and there are threads on this forum explaining the process. I doubt tax saver FDs will count as they too have lock-in period. You need a letter that says amount can be withdrawn immediately so anything with lock-in period is ruled out.

Reactions: apkaur