+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance UK required

niloy1187

Jul 20, 2017
Hi guys,

I require assistance regarding how to get UK police clearance certificate.

I am an Indian national, having lived in the UK for over a year to pursue a Master's Degree. I have been back in India since 2014.

Would be really helpful if someone could direct me as to how to go about it online.

Cheers!
Niloy

Nian427

Star Member
May 14, 2015
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-09-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018
Reactions: niloy1187

Rapheee

Star Member
Sep 7, 2014
Chennai
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi guys,

I require assistance regarding how to get UK police clearance certificate.

I am an Indian national, having lived in the UK for over a year to pursue a Master's Degree. I have been back in India since 2014.

Would be really helpful if someone could direct me as to how to go about it online.

Cheers!
Niloy
You can visit the CIC site for more details.

The process is like

1. The PCC is issued by ACRO police UK
2. Submit 2 address proofs for your indian address(specified by them like Bank Statement, Telephone bills, Address proof on any institution letter head etc.) No UK address proof required.
3. Recent Passport size photograph soft copy. Please not all the details should be scanned and submitted online. No physical docs are required.
4. The payment have to be done online for 45 pounds for normal (takes 10-15 days) and 80 pounds for express (Takes 2 days)
5. Then sit back and relax. The PCC will reach your address.

Good Luck !!

niloy1187

Jul 20, 2017
hello,
Check the following CIN site for details:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/europe/united-kingdom.asp
I applied for my UK PCC in june end and they processed it and sent me the PCC in 7-8 working days. You can send them by post or upload the docs and submit online. I used the online version.
Hope it helps!
Hi Nian,

I'm wondering if there's any way to check status of the application? I applied on the 13th of this month, and had chosen the Express option of the service (which I'm gauging as 2 days of processing according to the other comment here). I'm yet to receive any intimation from them.

Cynicalmonk

May 3, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
Hi Nian,

I'm wondering if there's any way to check status of the application? I applied on the 13th of this month, and had chosen the Express option of the service (which I'm gauging as 2 days of processing according to the other comment here). I'm yet to receive any intimation from them.
Yes you can by emailing their customer service department @ customer.services@acro.pnn.police.uk

I opted for regular service which delivers through Royal Mail standard delivery without tracking option. Not sure about the express one. I received mine in 4-5 weeks time.

dannyhcean

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Hi Nian,

I applied the same for my wife as well. They are fast but not that fast...

seancole

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied on the 2nd of August, 2017. I received it in the mail 16th August 2017. It was delivered to a UK address though but I think their timeline is not too bad.

Nian427

Star Member
May 14, 2015
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-09-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018
Hi,
They don't inform you that they have mailed your PCC but if you enquire they will let you know when they mailed it along with the tracking number. In case your mailing address is that of India, search for the tracking number in Indiapost, if you are in US, you will be able to track in USPS and so on. I think they must have mailed by now. Hope it helps!

GavinSouthAfrica

Apr 19, 2017
Mines been mailed but it's not arriving by me thanks to my terrible postal system

Anyone know if we can order a duplicate to be sent to a U.K. Address of a friend?

seancole

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mines been mailed but it's not arriving by me thanks to my terrible postal system

Anyone know if we can order a duplicate to be sent to a U.K. Address of a friend?
What happens if my certificate is lost in the post?
The certificate fee only includes the price for 1st Class UK post or standard airmail. If you have opted for standard UK 1st class mail or standard airmail, ACRO cannot be held responsible for items lost or delayed in the post or by third party delivery companies. In these cases, please contact the ACRO Customer Services Team. Replacement Police Certificates can be reproduced and sent by 1st class post or standard airmail for a fee of £6.

If you have selected your Police Certificate to be returned by either courier or enhanced delivery, please report the loss to the ACRO Customer Services Team. Replacement Police Certificates sent by enhanced postal services will incur a fee in addition to the £6 fee per certificate mentioned above.

For 1st class UK post or standard airmail, we may send replacement Police Certificate(s) free of charge if your certificate has not been delivered within the following timescales:

UK 1st class post – allow 8 working days*

European standard airmail – allow 10 working days*

Rest of the World standard airmail – allow 20 working days*

UK Enhanced post – allow 15 working days*

International Enhanced post – allow 25 working days*

* Mon – Sat, excluding Bank Holidays.

If your Police Certificate was dispatched by enhanced mail we will check the delivery status before we consider issuing another certificate free of charge.

If ACRO have dispatched your Certificate(s) to the address you provided, we will only issue replacement certificates by standard post. ACRO will not pay for enhanced post or International Courier delivery.

Please note that re-issued Police Certificates will show the original date of production, not the re-issue date. You may wish to check that this will be accepted by the embassy, high commission, consulate or other authority before contacting ACRO.

If you fail to notify ACRO that your Police Certificate has not been delivered after more than 3 months from the date of dispatch, ACRO will not issue a replacement and you will need to re-apply.

I hope this helps. I got if from their FAQ page. Seems like they will only send out a replacement through standard post. Best bet is to send to a UK address as you suggested.

Reactions: GavinSouthAfrica

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
hello,
Check the following CIN site for details:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/europe/united-kingdom.asp
I applied for my UK PCC in june end and they processed it and sent me the PCC in 7-8 working days. You can send them by post or upload the docs and submit online. I used the online version.
Hope it helps!
Hi Nian427 - I have a follow up question for you. I applied for my mother's police certificate from UK, and got it. But the certificate does not show her time of stay in UK or the addresses. Will the Canadian Immigration accept this kind of certificate?

Thanks,

Bobbieleigh

Dec 11, 2015
Hi Nian427 - I have a follow up question for you. I applied for my mother's police certificate from UK, and got it. But the certificate does not show her time of stay in UK or the addresses. Will the Canadian Immigration accept this kind of certificate?

Thanks,
UK police certificate doesn't include address and time of stay and Canadian immigration knows about it.
You are good to go.

Nian427

Star Member
May 14, 2015
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-09-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018

Thanks,
Hi,
The UK PCC includes the date the PCC was issued. In case your mom is staying in UK, the PCC can be upto 6 month old on the day of AOR. If she is not in UK then the date on PCC should be after she left the country. That's the only requirement. Hope it helps!

Ellabutoy40

Feb 4, 2023
Hi everyone. I have a question, I applied for a police clearance in Uk for the express one which is £98, that is 4 working days through online last february 3, 2023. One thing I have done wrong is I overlooked the delivery i have not clicked the international, (canada) so that means it will take long. I have given only 30 days by the Canadian immigration. What should I do to change the delivery method into express one. Anyone can help please? Thank you

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi everyone. I have a question, I applied for a police clearance in Uk for the express one which is £98, that is 4 working days through online last february 3, 2023. One thing I have done wrong is I overlooked the delivery i have not clicked the international, (canada) so that means it will take long. I have given only 30 days by the Canadian immigration. What should I do to change the delivery method into express one. Anyone can help please? Thank you
Try to contact ACRO website for that. You would have got an email saying: " your Police Certificate will be issued on (this date)", that email had contact details at the bottom.