+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

CocoLime

Feb 6, 2016
Hi All,

I am new here and i have 2 questions.

1. I am located in Alberta and have submitted my paper based application but now the processing time is 18 months. Do you guys think i could create my express entry profile at the same time? (so means I applied for both)?

2. I have paid $1,000+ for the paper based application. if for some reason i got approved though the express entry, would i be able to get my money back from the paper based application?

thank you guys!

zeeshan.acca

Jun 23, 2010
Hi Guys,

i need one help on one of my question,

what if your job experience does not match with your qualification , will there be any impact on your application ?

for example i am business analyst by profession my experience is 10 years, and seeking to apply on NOC code as 2171 which is information business analyst -- but my educational back ground is ACCA which is finance -

whimsical

Jul 21, 2016
Hi Guys,

i need one help on one of my question,

what if your job experience does not match with your qualification , will there be any impact on your application ?

for example i am business analyst by profession my experience is 10 years, and seeking to apply on NOC code as 2171 which is information business analyst -- but my educational back ground is ACCA which is finance -

Not a problem.

Only your profession and NOC should match.

Good luck !!

Reactions: zeeshan.acca

whimsical

Jul 21, 2016
Hi All,

1. I am located in Alberta and have submitted my paper based application but now the processing time is 18 months. Do you guys think i could create my express entry profile at the same time? (so means I applied for both)?

2. I have paid $1,000+ for the paper based application. if for some reason i got approved though the express entry, would i be able to get my money back from the paper based application?

thank you guys!
Please try contacting them via an email and ask for the refund and go ahead with creating an express entry profile online. Its faster.

Good luck !!

whimsical

Jul 21, 2016
Hi Guys, I got a problem in filling the EE profile. I worked for an employer in Quebec for one year, but I was dispatched by this company to another country to work on a project for months. My company declared my tax and paid me with check during this period as usual. Should I show this months business trip on my EE profile, you know, this will affect my score significantly. Thank you.
Pardon me, but how will this affect your score?

You should show your trips and also if needed, get Police Clearance certificate from the country, if you had lived there for 6 months or more.

Good luck

whimsical

Jul 21, 2016
Hello. I am from india.
My question is regarding proof of funds. At what stage do we need to put funds in bank account??
Its ideal if the funds are there in your account which is at least 3 months old. It is preferred older the funds, the better your application will be.

Good luck.

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Hi All,

I have lived in UK for 2 years from 2010 to 2012, Should I get a Police Clearance Certificate from UK though I wasn't a citizen there?
If the same is required, What is the procedure to get the same from UK?
Yes, you should obtain PCC from UK. Am sorry, i don't have an idea of process to apply. I believe, you could fetch the process on net.

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Hey Friends,

I need your help in my case. I received NOI from Ontario and got approval from them. After that, I received ITA and submitted my application. My application is in progress and my medical is cleared. Recently, I got married and through the web form, I raised an enquiry to update my personal information so that I can include my wife in my application. Please find below my enquiry and their reply:-

Regards,
Saurabh Sharma
You should have raised the CSE, https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
You can find answers you seek here, https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/what-if-status-changes-to-married-after-ita.403478/#post-5045755

zqd9853572002

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Pardon me, but how will this affect your score?

You should show your trips and also if needed, get Police Clearance certificate from the country, if you had lived there for 6 months or more.

Good luck
Thanks, but my situation is really some special. I worked for the company for nearly exactly one year (from 2016/5-2017/5, I tried to renew my work permit in April, 2017 but was refused due to the employe HR didn't get me a new LMIA), after that I come back to home country. You know, if the oversea experience is accountable as Canadian experience, I meet the requirement of CEC (my score will be 487, good to get ITA), but if it is not (or say, I separate the one year exp. into several months oversea + several months inland experience), my score will only be 397.

So this really confuse me. I want to try to submit the profile (with score of 487 ), but I am afraid I will be treated by CIC as cheating and I am not sure whether they will punish me Can't apply immigration in five years.

Please help. thank you.

Pooja Dalvi

Feb 20, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am still creating my EE profile, i have a doubt regarding calculating my work experience.

So its been 1 year and 7 months in my current
organisation.

June 2012- Oct 2012 as an Recruiter.
Nov 2012- June 2013 as an Trainee accountant

On 2014 june i started with my MBA and had three Internships, can i count those interships here all were in recruitment. In all 7 months internship.

After which in May 2016 till date i am working as a taleo consultant in Tech Mahindra.

Please help me calculate the work experience here.

Thanks
Pooja

Xirconium

Aug 21, 2017
Hi All,

thank you guys!
You may be able to get a refund if you request it before they start to process your paper application. Once the application is in the system (aka you've received the AOR for the application) you will not get a refund for the application fee. It sounds like you might have also paid the OWP fee as well? If you cancel the application after you've received the AOR, there is a chance that you may be able to get a refund for the OWP fee.

CocoLime

Feb 6, 2016
You may be able to get a refund if you request it before they start to process your paper application. Once the application is in the system (aka you've received the AOR for the application) you will not get a refund for the application fee. It sounds like you might have also paid the OWP fee as well? If you cancel the application after you've received the AOR, there is a chance that you may be able to get a refund for the OWP fee.
Yeah. I read the provincial website again and it is stated that they will not refund the processing fees if I decided to withdraw my application. Thank you for your response by the way! :)

Reactions: Xirconium

saurabhdevgun

Apr 27, 2017
Reactions: sundar17feb99