+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE profile - Include all work history or only work for which I can claim points?

Zozulia

Star Member
May 7, 2019
I need help!
So CRS calculator shows less points then EE. HOW COME?
1) In work history I mentioned all places I worked at and it is less than 1 year experience (I came pretty young to Canada, so it logical), so I am not planning on getting any documents and proving I worked there since it wont affect my points much and I don't want to bother with all this papers. Is that ok?
2) And same for my husband - system is calculating his Canadian experience, but as my lawyer explained, since he was not employed (he was working for cash/ cheques and paid his taxes on his own so kind of self employed and that time cannot be calculated for Canadian work experience. I think I get hoigher points because of this situation. What to do? I cannot just not mention his work in Canada, so what is next?
THANK you all so much!

Jun 25, 2020
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Cameroon
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-06-2020
Doc's Request.
25-06-2020
Nomination.....
Mecanicien en Chauffage Refrigeration et Climatisation
AOR Received.
25-06-2020
IELTS Request
10-04-2020
File Transfer...
24-06-2020
Med's Request
20-06-2020
Med's Done....
25-06-2020
Interview........
25-06-2020
Passport Req..
22-06-2020
LANDED..........
24-06-2020
Good Morning everyone I am very glad to be here and to meet great leaders who are willing to manage and contribute their one quota after immigrate in Canada , so please I want to know the progress on my file documentation. Thanks in advance

harleenharry

Nov 18, 2016
Hi Guys,

I have an issue concerning the personal history section. I worked two jobs at a time, one full time and the other part time. I am claiming points for the full time work and I mentioned the part time work in my personal history which is clashing with the same time as my full time work. Will that be an issue?
Should I leave the part time out?
So what did you do? I have similar situation and i dont know what to do

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
Hi dear,

Thank God I found sm1 who experienced same situation as me. I added 3rd year of work experience just to provide cic all my continuous & current work history which I do not even need to claim points for. My ITA is going to expire in a week but my consultant explained me this a day ago & now advising me that he can take blame on his credibility as clerical error which will save me from getting banned but will charge me extra $3500.
Also I did not add 1 part time & 1 full time job which I tried for a month before switching to new job because I knew I can’t claim extra points for these two, instead I added two Years continous job experiences I had. He is even telling this a big mistake that cic will find out from T4 & NOA & if we don’t provide, they will ask for it & I will be in trouble for sure & could be banned for 2.5 years.
Please advise what happened in your experience. I am very scared & confused too.
pmease
Hi all,

I am a bit concerned about how should I present my work experience when creating my Express Entry profile. I have engaged a law firm to prepare this on my behalf, and they say that I need to include all my work history regardless of whether I will be able to claim CRS points for each of the work experience listed therein.

After preparing my Express Entry profile, these lawyers said that my CRS score is 475, which obviously includes points granted for 3 years of continuous work experience. However, I can only claim 1 year of continuous work experience, so technically speaking my CRS should be 450 (I cannot claim the 3 years because in two jobs I did not perform the majority of the duties included in the corresponding NOC). Consequently, if I receive an ITA by having a CRS of 475, I am afraid that after submitting my application I am banned for misrepresentation as I will not be able to get a valid job reference letter for 3 years but only 1.

After raising this concern to my lawyers, their response is the following:

“These periods must still be listed, as they are paid work experiences listed in a skilled NOC (even though you may not receive credit for those periods should you receive an Invitation to Apply and submit a full application for permanent
residence). Whether or not you receive credit will be decided at the discretion of the visa officer.”

It’s not that I don’t trust my immigration lawyer but it seems too weird to me. What if I receive an ITA under the assumption that I have a score of 475 and then I cannot submit employment letters for 2 of the 3 years of qualifying work experience? Would the immigration officer still accept my application if my “real CRS score” (450) is still higher than the cut off score in the draw in which I was invited to apply ? Wouldn’t I be banned for misrepresentation?

Thanks a lot

Last edited:

jaggy121

Aug 17, 2020
Hello everyone, as I have read all the abovementioned concerns regarding the previous work experience, I have also questions that need your immediate intention. In my home country, I had 2 years of work experience along with an experience certificate, but I do not want to claim it for more points as I have enough points to beat the CRS score. So, should I need to mention it? If yes, in which section I would mention it?

kumar55

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
Hello everyone, as I have read all the abovementioned concerns regarding the previous work experience, I have also questions that need your immediate intention. In my home country, I had 2 years of work experience along with an experience certificate, but I do not want to claim it for more points as I have enough points to beat the CRS score. So, should I need to mention it? If yes, in which section I would mention it?
Do not mention in your EE profile then, post ITA you can include in your personal history.

Neethusanoop

Sep 5, 2020
I have experiences in two different NOCs-

Job1- from 22-06-2015 to 23-06-2017
(NOC- 4011- Assistant Professor in a college)

Job2- from 3-07-2017 to current date
(NOC- 4012- IELTS/PTE Trainer in a language academy)

I am much confused on which job to list in my work history while creating the profile.
‌The first institution was shut down due to financial constraints. Its website or telephone is not in use. There is an admin posted inorder to take care of the enquiries and respond to the calls. When I contacted him he is ready to give a reference letter, salary certificate (as cash was received in hand). But he will give it in the letter pad which shows the telephone number and website which is out of use.
1.Would this affect the credibility of my application ? Or Should I skip this experience completely and go with nly job 2 which already has 3 yrs of tenure? If i skip this i will have a gap of around 2 years after the graduation till my current job ( 2015 to july 2017).
2.Would i have to explain the gaps in between later?
3.Also keeping which NOC is more suitable? Being a master of engineering would it be better to stick with the job of an assistant professor in an engineering college?
Job 2 is not related to engineering, rather to english language.

kumar55

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
I have experiences in two different NOCs-

Job1- from 22-06-2015 to 23-06-2017
(NOC- 4011- Assistant Professor in a college)

Job2- from 3-07-2017 to current date
(NOC- 4012- IELTS/PTE Trainer in a language academy)

I am much confused on which job to list in my work history while creating the profile.
‌The first institution was shut down due to financial constraints. Its website or telephone is not in use. There is an admin posted inorder to take care of the enquiries and respond to the calls. When I contacted him he is ready to give a reference letter, salary certificate (as cash was received in hand). But he will give it in the letter pad which shows the telephone number and website which is out of use.
1.Would this affect the credibility of my application ? Or Should I skip this experience completely and go with nly job 2 which already has 3 yrs of tenure? If i skip this i will have a gap of around 2 years after the graduation till my current job ( 2015 to july 2017).
2.Would i have to explain the gaps in between later?
3.Also keeping which NOC is more suitable? Being a master of engineering would it be better to stick with the job of an assistant professor in an engineering college?
Job 2 is not related to engineering, rather to english language.
1) if it's a risk you feel that you won't be able to claim an actual letter from the company, which when cross checked you feel won't be approved by IRCC, it is better to skip if its not affecting your points.
2) the gap you can mention post ITA in personal history. (That you worked from 2015-2017).
3)as far as I know your NOC should match with job duties performed.

Reactions: AneaDSCol

AOB

Oct 8, 2020
Hi Guys,

I have an issue concerning the personal history section. I worked two jobs at a time, one full time and the other part time. I am claiming points for the full time work and I mentioned the part time work in my personal history which is clashing with the same time as my full time work. Will that be an issue?
Should I leave the part time out?
what did you do? got the same question

Tarannum

Oct 29, 2020
Please give suggestion in my case:
I am working in my current organization(local bank) for 5+ years now. In my first 02 years, I was in a different department (customer service/General Banking). Later I was moved into the Credit Department which is my current job posting and I am applying under this related job NOC. So in the EE work history section how do I accommodate it? Should I mention that I have 05 plus years of experience or just 03 years? And what about the rest 02 years?

kumar55

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
Please give suggestion in my case:
I am working in my current organization(local bank) for 5+ years now. In my first 02 years, I was in a different department (customer service/General Banking). Later I was moved into the Credit Department which is my current job posting and I am applying under this related job NOC. So in the EE work history section how do I accommodate it? Should I mention that I have 05 plus years of experience or just 03 years? And what about the rest 02 years?
You can split into two sections and put, one with current role of 3years as experience, and another line with 2years experience with the necessary job role

Tarannum

Oct 29, 2020
You can split into two sections and put, one with current role of 3years as experience, and another line with 2years experience with the necessary job role
For the previous job role shouldn't I need to mention a NOC? There might not be a matching NOC I am afraid. Or should I just mention 3 years in the EE profile then mention the rest 2 in personal history after ITA?

kumar55

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
For the previous job role shouldn't I need to mention a NOC? There might not be a matching NOC I am afraid. Or should I just mention 3 years in the EE profile then mention the rest 2 in personal history after ITA?
If you are getting enough points just with 3 years , then you don't have to include the 2 years thing in profile, in case you feel NoC code is not matching or it's difficult to get a supporting document from your employer for that 2years mentioning roles and responsibilities, in that case you can include in personal history about that two years

Akinejyam

Jul 10, 2018
Good day,

I hope someone could help me out in my questions. I have received my ITA last week. I have some questions regarding my preparationg for PR application.

-Can I update my Post ITA information regarding my work experience? I forgot to include my part time job while I was still studying full time (Internation Student). I will have a gap of 1 month in my history if I will not include in my PR application. I applied for NOC B which I have enough for the requirmeents. my part time job is not Noc. Do I really nee to include it? Are they checking our CRA acc. as well?

-what if I don't have the physical or scanned coppy of the stamps, and visa in my passport. I just have the scanned copy of my profile page. I just renewed my Ph passort which will be given back on Januray, i am planning to submit my PR application next week.

My ITA is under EE-CEC

Hope someone could answer my questions.

Thanks,
J

kumar55

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
Good day,

I hope someone could help me out in my questions. I have received my ITA last week. I have some questions regarding my preparationg for PR application.

-Can I update my Post ITA information regarding my work experience? I forgot to include my part time job while I was still studying full time (Internation Student). I will have a gap of 1 month in my history if I will not include in my PR application. I applied for NOC B which I have enough for the requirmeents. my part time job is not Noc. Do I really nee to include it? Are they checking our CRA acc. as well?

-what if I don't have the physical or scanned coppy of the stamps, and visa in my passport. I just have the scanned copy of my profile page. I just renewed my Ph passort which will be given back on Januray, i am planning to submit my PR application next week.

My ITA is under EE-CEC

Hope someone could answer my questions.

Thanks,
J
@Akinejyam You dont have to include your PART time job, as I am sure you wouldnt have got any points on that for your PRE ITA, and more over you are saying it is not coming under any NOC, Job inclusions needs to be there for full time of 40 hours of work.

You need to have all scanned copies on your passport,