+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE is unfair in its selection process for full-timers working in Canada on PGWP

good_choice

Jan 31, 2015
torontosm said:
Perhaps you should check your facts before spouting such nonsense. Canada has one of the highest education rates in the world, and over half the population has done some form of post-secondary education. If you don't see any Canadians or PR's at your school, perhaps you should question the quality of the institution you are attending.
So having one of the highest education rates in the world automatically means the population is filled with Canadians? Oh please!
I admit they attend some post secondary schools or technical schools but how many of them have bachelor degrees or masters or phd?
Most Canadians are more interested on how well you can do the job and experience is the most important factor for them that's why a robust IT geek with CCNA or ITIL, who knows his stuff is likely to become a Network Analyst over someone who actually studied Network Engineering or Networking as a Bachelors degree.
Even the so-called Canadians in the top universities in Canada are actually immigrants who have lived here for years or citizens or foreigners who were born here.
Check LinkedIn as well, its always college, certificates or training, you rarely see real degrees as opposed to other nationalities living in Canada.
If they had so many educated people, why the need for so many international students to study at their universities?
Don't get me wrong, what they lack with degrees, they make up for with experience and hands-on practice.

Alimoh

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Everyone,

I agree with everyone in this forum that PGWP have been royaly screwed by the new express entry scoring system. But complaining here won't do us any good. We need to raise our to the immigration ministers office so he is aware of our concerns. I am posting below his offices contact information, lets all communicate our concerns to him and lets do it in a very respectful way.

Contact information

Contact information

Minister@cic.gc.ca

The Honourable Chris Alexander, P.C., M.P.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1

Telephone: 613-954-1064
Fax: 613-952-5533

Follow Minister Alexander on Twitter @MinChrisA.

Let us all e-mail him and tweet aswell. With enough voices, he is bound take notice.

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
unclesamy said:
they royally screwed us who came here to study and spent so much on tuition fees . mostly companies hire people on pgwp cause they dont like to apply for LMIA now we have no way to apply for PR we will wait in line for ever and not get ITA.
I don't think you get it, so read my lips:

Permanent Residence is NOT for sale.

It's not something you buy with tuition money.

Your money went for the education you got. It wasn't stolen from you.

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
marcus66502 said:

People spent their time and money in hopes of achieving something which became unachievable by the time they were done. People may be very much let down by this turn of events without feeling they were buying anything.

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
unclesamy said:
true but most come in hopes of getting a PR and improve their lives. a system that punishes u for being a student is not right.
If you had intentions of getting PR at the time you applied for your student visa, then you must have been pretty damn good at hiding them from the visa officer because as soon as they detect such intention they refuse visas. Take a look at the International Students section of this forum; read the refusal stories. Lack of intent to return home or insufficient ties to your home country are common reasons for almost all refusals.

So basically what you're saying now is that you lied to visa officer to get your study permit. In this case, your study permit is a result of an error made by CIC, and should have never been issued to you in the first place.

Save the lectures for someone who cares. I know the story about international students; it's always the same. They act as genuine students to get the study permit, and once they come here they demand PR. The study permit program is mostly fraud. A genuine student will study in his home country.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
good_choice said:
If they had so many educated people, why the need for so many international students to study at their universities?
So are you saying we shouldn't allow international students like yourself to come and partake in the education this country affords?

good_choice said:
I admit they attend some post secondary schools or technical schools but how many of them have bachelor degrees or masters or phd?
Check LinkedIn as well, its always college, certificates or training, you rarely see real degrees as opposed to other nationalities living in Canada.
I work at a firm on Bay Street and I'm not aware of a single colleague, or anyone at any of our competitor firms, who doesn't have at least a bachelors degree, if not a masters or PhD. I guess a lot depends on what sort of sample of the population you are taking.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
good_choice said:
@ torontosm: By the way, I am entitled to my opinion. PR or not, I don't kiss arse, I say it as it is.
You are indeed entitled to your opinion...just make sure it's an informed one.

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
fl_pie said:
People spent their time and money in hopes of achieving something which became unachievable by the time they were done. People may be very much let down by this turn of events without feeling they were buying anything.
Hopes of achieving what? permanent residence?

Then they weren't genuine students. Only good liars at the embassy when they applied for their student visas. And now it's time to pay for your lies.

unclesamy

Star Member
May 11, 2013
marcus66502 said:

there is a saying no one hates immigrants more than immigrants themselves. this guy is a self righteous prick who wants to say ye u dont get PR because u screwed up and not CIC. why do u think people pay 3 times more international fees to get same education as a canadian citizen does? well so as to have a better life so yes it seems PR is for sale . why r international students charged more?

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
Alimoh said:
Everyone,

I agree with everyone in this forum that PGWP have been royaly screwed by the new express entry scoring system. But complaining here won't do us any good. We need to raise our to the immigration ministers office so he is aware of our concerns. I am posting below his offices contact information, lets all communicate our concerns to him and lets do it in a very respectful way.

Contact information

Contact information

Minister @ cic.gc.ca

The Honourable Chris Alexander, P.C., M.P.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1

Telephone: 613-954-1064
Fax: 613-952-5533

Follow Minister Alexander on Twitter @ MinChrisA.

Let us all e-mail him and tweet aswell. With enough voices, he is bound take notice.
done

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
marcus66502 said:
If you had intentions of getting PR at the time you applied for your student visa, then you must have been pretty damn good at hiding them from the visa officer because as soon as they detect such intention they refuse visas. Take a look at the International Students section of this forum; read the refusal stories. Lack of intent to return home or insufficient ties to your home country are common reasons for almost all refusals.
I agree with you wholeheartedly. I am tired of people using 2 year courses in Early Childhood Education at some backwater college that no one has ever heard of as a back-door way to gain permanent residency. You are welcome to come to study, but don't expect to automatically receive PR at the end of your course. There are still plenty of options to get it, but you have to go through regular channels now.

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
marcus66502 said:

So basically what you're saying now is that you lied to visa officer to get your study permit. In this case, your study permit is a result of an error made by CIC, and should have never been issued to you in the first place.

Save the lectures for someone who cares. I know the story about international students; it's always the same. They act as genuine students to get the study permit, and once they come here they demand PR. The study permit program is mostly fraud. A genuine student will study in his home country.
Please clarify, are Canadian provinces also in on the fraud? For example, Ontario nominates international students for permanent residency; how does that fit into the picture you described?

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
unclesamy said:
there is a saying no one hates immigrants more than immigrants themselves. this guy is a self righteous prick who wants to say ye u dont get PR because u screwed up and not CIC. why do u think people pay 3 times more international fees to get same education as a canadian citizen does? well so as to have a better life so yes it seems PR is for sale . why r international students charged more?
International students pay more everywhere, as education is subsidized for nationals and PR's by the government. Do you see every international student graduating from Us universities automatically receiving green cards?

Students come here by choice. No one is forcing them to do so.

seton

Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2013
Passport Req..
04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013
marcus66502 said:
Hopes of achieving what? permanent residence?

Then they weren't genuine students. Only good liars at the embassy when they applied for their student visas. And now it's time to pay for your lies.
Just to note, it's been a processing interpretation for a while for the CIC to recognize and respect "dual-intent" - see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/dual.asp

Having two intents – one for temporary residence and one for permanent residence – is legitimate. This section addresses how to apply subsection A22(2) of the IRPA to the decision-making process, and to clarify that the issue of dual intent affects all categories of immigration applications.

A22(2) states “An intention by a foreign national to become a permanent resident does not preclude them from becoming a temporary resident if the officer is satisfied that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay.” Dual intent is present when a foreign national who has applied for permanent residence in Canada also applies to enter Canada for a temporary period as a visitor, worker or student. Dual intent on the part of the applicant is therefore not prima facie grounds for refusal of temporary resident status.
While students as you assert did have to show intent to return home after completion of their studies, that did not preclude them from also intending to remain in Canada as a permanent resident through whatever immigration programs might be available (economic, family, investor, etc.). It's a fundamental principle that visa officers use in making determinations on applications.

Honestly I think the doomsday comments here are very premature - the EE program has barely existed and time will tell how these things all play out. The ability of PGWP holders to be selected to EE is going to be greatly driven on the number of people that apply through the system, and it is way to early to make any pronouncements on the volume of PNP/LMIA eligible applicants yet.