+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE is unfair in its selection process for full-timers working in Canada on PGWP

traxton

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
I know some of y'all in this forum are lamenting on not getting selected for EE but come on, y'all never set foot in Canada or ain't even in the workforce in Canada! Those of us who spent $$ and time obtaining a Canadian education, subsequently working full time in Canada being active contributors to Canadian tax for years on a PGWP, have the skillsets and/or years of Canadian work experience which would qualify us for FSW and/or CEC but do not get the 600 additional points because we do not have a LMIA, are the biggest victims of EE. I heard that most who obtain the LMIA work for very small companies or mom&pap shops in which they use personal connections to get their LMIA paid for. What about true skilled, white-collar professionals who are working in banks / telecomm / consulting / other big MNC companies whereby these companies just do not have the policies to issue LMIAs?

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
traxton said:
I know some of y'all in this forum are lamenting on not getting selected for EE but come on, y'all never set foot in Canada or ain't even in the workforce in Canada! Those of us who spent $$ and time obtaining a Canadian education, subsequently working full time in Canada being active contributors to Canadian tax for years on a PGWP, have the skillsets and/or years of Canadian work experience which would qualify us for FSW and/or CEC but do not get the 600 additional points because we do not have a LMIA, are the biggest victims of EE. I heard that most who obtain the LMIA work for very small companies or mom&pap shops in which they use personal connections to get their LMIA paid for. What about true skilled, white-collar professionals who are working in banks / telecomm / consulting / other big MNC companies whereby these companies just do not have the policies to issue LMIAs?
so true...big companies just dont care...we should all raise our concerns i guess and spread awareness amongst the incoming international students about the treatment we are getting...

We have been working in our position for 1,2 years and now they want our companies to advertise the jobs again till then what shall we do??

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
traxton said:
Evry one agrees with the problem..what is the solution..nothing... :(

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
I truly believe at some draw it will be just CEC and they will pick up most member and point can be as low as 350...hope they value Canadian experience at least

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
curious_123 said:
Evry one agrees with the problem..what is the solution..nothing... :(
one thing is i dont think it will carry for long as big companies who has hired so many of us will start complaining about uncertainty in this whole situation....might even stop hiring any pgwps just for this reason which will have a huge impact on the international students

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
traxton said:
I heard that most who obtain the LMIA work for very small companies or mom&pap shops in which they use personal connections to get their LMIA paid for. What about true skilled, white-collar professionals who are working in banks / telecomm / consulting / other big MNC companies whereby these companies just do not have the policies to issue LMIAs?
I work for a small company, 2 full time employees. Originally, my company was considering getting a LMIA before hiring me but the Office of Multicultural Affairs said that was not needed since my work permit is "open'. Now, we won't have enough time to get LMIA due to heavy workload and the fact that my work permit expires in 3.5 of months :( It's not just the employees of big companies who are affected, all PGWP holders are affetced in this situatiion.

EEKnowledge

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
curious_123 said:
I truly believe at some draw it will be just CEC and they will pick up most member and point can be as low as 350...hope they value Canadian experience at least
They said this in the presentation too. Audio is floating somewhere around here. That if they feel that Canadian experience is being undermined; (because not all people have LMIAs); for that particular draw they will allow all the candidates to enter CEC pool. So for CEC scores can go that low.

People not in Canada are shafted though.

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
traxton said:
Brother, you are so right. Every PGWP holder has the same thoughts and we have been discussing the same thing here. Every PGWP holder is disappointed and hoping for the scores to come down in next few draws. We could go elsewhere and make careers taking another start from 0 but Canada has helped most of us in first place in building careers and in reverse we have made emotional ties with this country. EE has really betrayed and devastated hopes for most us.
I couldn't sleep the whole night thinking about hard times I faced just like most of you folks, the struggles I did just like you folks, just to make a better future but yesterday's draw has left everyone in the dark.
Things might get better eventually but for now PGWPs are broken. :-(

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
se7en said:
Brother, you are so right. Every PGWP holder has the same thoughts and we have been discussing the same thing here. Every PGWP holder is disappointed and hoping for the scores to come down in next few draws. We could go elsewhere and make careers taking another start from 0 but Canada has helped most of us in first place in building careers and in reverse we have made emotional ties with this country. EE has really betrayed and devastated hopes for most us.
I couldn't sleep the whole night thinking about hard times I faced just like most of you folks, the struggles I did just like you folks, just to make a better future but yesterday's draw has left everyone in the dark.
Things might get better eventually but for now PGWPs are broken. :-(
:(...may good times will soon come for us...if you are perfect candidate experience wise, language wise, age wise every thing is perfect you still will only get maximum 600 where as any one with none of the above attributes just with pnp or lmia will also have 600 how is that fair....its mind boggling

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
Guys,

Stop complaining, it doesn't help at all. It's their country and their rules. Being said I'm in the same situation as yours and I'm not happy with the recent immigration changes.

Good luck everyone.

traxton

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
Agree with all the sentiments in this thread thus far. I want to add, heard of cases of people who got relatives/best friends who own small businesses in Canada and they hook them up with a LMIA in the company, and then they work minimal wage jobs in the company that don't require much skills. Yet, by doing so they make the cut off for EE. Over folks like us who spent time and $$ in getting a Canadian education and/or struggled in Canada for awhile to land a Canadian job and have lived in Canada + paid Canadian taxes for years... How is that fair?!?

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
AAA2133 said:
Guys,

Stop complaining, it doesn't help at all. It's their country and their rules. Being said I'm in the same situation as yours and I'm not happy with the recent immigration changes.

Good luck everyone.
Its about not there country or our country bro...its about a policy that we have a concern about thats it

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
AAA2133 said:
Guys,

Good luck everyone.
Complaining in this situation wouldn't mean we are complaining direct to them. I doubt if they would even check this forum and knowing our situation.

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
dukhi said:
one thing is i dont think it will carry for long as big companies who has hired so many of us will start complaining about uncertainty in this whole situation....might even stop hiring any pgwps just for this reason which will have a huge impact on the international students
I spoke to my manager and explained the situation...he said the whole reason we hired you is because we do not have to apply for LMIA... he said we can apply but it might come negative as this is a entry level job...