+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE is unfair in its selection process for full-timers working in Canada on PGWP

Calgarynaija

Feb 25, 2014
good_choice said:
You have made some valid points here except the part about being given the opportunity of a quality education over their locals.
Lmao, their locals don't go to school,only few of them do.
We international students are the ones keeping the schools in business.
Canadians are big on experience and not going to school, that's why you see high school graduates as managers or supervisors in big companies.
They value experience more than education, if you like have a Phd, they are particular about what you are able to do.
I think US respects degrees more and you actually get jobs that befits your qualification.
In my previous job, my director only did a short technical course of 1 month and ITIL certification and he made so much money more then the international students with their numerous degrees.
OMG!!! so very true!! this was kinda my realization and slight frustration when i moved from the US to here!! in the states, having higher education and experience was a plus, but here in Canada they look more at experience...was discussing with my coworker and she concluded that an MBA in Canada is almost a waste compared to MBA in the states....sighs...as much as i have complained tho, at least Canada has given me the one thing that the US couldn't (after living there for 8.5 years) and that was permanent residency! Am just praying that this EE is beneficial to my younger brother who is here on PGWP (he applied for PNP a year ago and the Old CEC in Dec 2013 and is waiting to hear back, if not he will have to do EE as well)....

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is the link tothe EE teleconferencing link that CIC had with stakeholders in the third week of december, 2014.

https://instaud.io/4dB
hopefully, that may answer a lot of questions

unclesamy

Star Member
May 11, 2013
guys if u think its unfair please sign up the petition for change
https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-candidates-on-open-work-permit-and-working-in-canada-need-more-visibility-in-express-entry-system

unclesamy

Star Member
May 11, 2013
has everyone signed the petition if not please do so
https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-candidates-on-open-work-permits-and-working-in-canada-need-more-visibility-in-express-entry-system

Immed

Jan 16, 2015
I don't think you guys have to be so concerned over the "unfairness" of the EE system. There will probably be changes in assignment of points and selection cut off in the next few rounds.

EE is still a new and I'm sure (or at least I hope) they have someone looking closely at this round's successful applicants, I doubt they are all the "high quality" immigrants Canada is looking for.

traxton

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
Immed said:
I don't think you guys have to be so concerned over the "unfairness" of the EE system. There will probably be changes in assignment of points and selection cut off in the next few rounds.

EE is still a new and I'm sure (or at least I hope) they have someone looking closely at this round's successful applicants, I doubt they are all the "high quality" immigrants Canada is looking for.

Indeed EE might change in the future, but folks with expiring PGWP do not have the luxury of time to have a wait-and-see approach.

gimmyle

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
Hi All,
Ive been going through ur comments here so touching and really sad. I believe the best thing to do is to complain to the Minister who spearhead the whole program.
The point I will like us to put forward are 1. International students dont need LMIA to secure a job bcos they already have PGWP which allows them to get a job. And before the PGWP was granted the students must have meet the set requirement at the time.
2.Does the CIC wants student who are working already to resign and start searching for a placement elsewhere bcos their present employer is not willing to go through the stress of LMIA
3.Regarding proofs from employer , does it mean that even when job are advertise and no canadian/PR candidates applies the employer has to wait for ever because CIC wants a proof . Because most students have jobs which they were outstanding at the interview and they got offer.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
You are absolutely incorrect. What matters is your intention when you apply for a visa. You can change your mind the second after you receive your visa (or the second after you use it to get through the customs, more technically strictly speaking, as you can't lie to a boarder officer.)

marcus66502 said:
Intent to return home at the end of your studies and intent to seek PR after returning home are two different things. When an applicant for a study permit shows intent to return home at the end of his/her studies, what he/she is saying is that he/she will indeed return home.

No one is saying intentions can't ever change. You can seek permanent residence after your studies but it must be done after you return home. If intent to return home is a requirement for issuing a student visa, then you must return home. A visa officer is required to refuse the visa application if he/she is not satisfied of your intent to return home at the end of your studies (and that's from the same manual you were quoting).