fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
marcus66502 said:
Hopes of achieving what? permanent residence?

Then they weren't genuine students. Only good liars at the embassy when they applied for their student visas. And now it's time to pay for your lies.
Well, a quick glance over CIC's website shows phrases such as "If you want to stay in Canada as a permanent resident after you graduate, there are a number of programs available, each with its own requirements" If it were such a criminal act as you describe, why would CIC themselves provide this information?

unclesamy

Star Member
May 11, 2013
torontosm said:
International students pay more everywhere, as education is subsidized for nationals and PR's by the government. Do you see every international student graduating from Us universities automatically receiving green cards?

Students come here by choice. No one is forcing them to do so.
yes no one is forcing them to come to canada but they used to have this easy option at PR which they advertised to lure people in . colleges pay so much commission to agents to send students their way so they can make money. one of the appeals to come to canada was at the time PR program . Would u go to a country which wont offer ur PR ofcourse not. Keep ur attitude of holier than thou aside. PR was the main attraction for students if they take that away no one will prefer canada to study. and people like us who r on the cusp of the new and old PR options will be paying the price.

TrackIT

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
09-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-03-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-08-2017
curious_123 said:
Recommendation by Bar association of Canada to cic :

The EE program is unlikely to assist Post-Graduate Employment Work Permit (PGWP) holders.
These individuals will not likely have sufficient Human Capital and Transferability points to
justify ITA without a LMIA. They are also unlikely to qualify for LMIAs. PGWP holders were
previously eligible for LMIAs with waiver of advertising if an employer was offering permanent
employment. That waiver was removed in April 2014.
The overhaul of the Foreign Worker Program in June 2014 imposed new salary requirements
and a more rigorous assessment of availability of Canadian or PR applicants for advertised
employment. A PGWP holder who is a recent graduate from Canadian university is unlikely to
obtain an LMIA in support of a work permit or in support of a permanent offer of employment.
CIC representatives have stated clearly that there is a policy shift for foreign students
graduating from Canadian postsecondary institutions. There is no longer to be a smooth
passage to PR status.
In light of the fact that Canadian universities and other postgraduate institutions have
aggressively recruited foreign students to Canada with the enticement of progression to PR
status, we recommend that CIC clearly and promptly notify these institutions that the EE
program will not support most PGWP holders and that easy progression of foreign students in
Canada to PR status is no longer supported by government policy.

RECOMMENDATION:
7. That CIC clearly and promptly notify designated postsecondary institutions
that the EE program will not support most PGWP holders and that easy
progression of foreign students in Canada to PR status is no longer
supported by government policy.

OMg this is really disaster !
so i read all the 16 pages and now i see the future PGWP holders we are all " SCREWED "
Thank you so much for sharing this information. I will make my preperation to migrate some other country.
All my time efforts and all the hard work is gone very dissapointing :""(

+1 for your post brother !

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
unclesamy said:
Would u go to a country which wont offer ur PR ofcourse not.
Yes, I did and I would again. I chose my school based on the education it offered, not on the prospect of gaining PR.

unclesamy said:
PR was the main attraction for students if they take that away no one will prefer canada to study.
Funny, as per my earlier post, the US doesn't offer this PR option and their universities seem to be doing quite well without it. I think I'm willing to chance that Canadian schools will be fine as well.

unclesamy said:
and people like us who r on the cusp of the new and old PR options will be paying the price.
There will always be people on the cusp. That doesn't mean that rules should never change. Remember, as is the case in every country, the Canadian government will always look after the welfare of Canadians first.

seton

Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2013
Passport Req..
04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013
unclesamy said:
yes no one is forcing them to come to canada but they used to have this easy option at PR which they advertised to lure people in . colleges pay so much commission to agents to send students their way so they can make money. one of the appeals to come to canada was at the time PR program . Would u go to a country which wont offer ur PR ofcourse not. Keep ur attitude of holier than thou aside. PR was the main attraction for students if they take that away no one will prefer canada to study. and people like us who r on the cusp of the new and old PR options will be paying the price.
The CEC class was only launched in 2008. Canada has consistently hosted international students in the hundreds of thousands before the program was created (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/facts2013/temporary/5-1.asp). The reality of the situation is that rules constantly change, and it does put people on the cusp in difficult scenarios. It is unfortunate, but it will probably happen again... Even the weighting of points used in the EE can easily be changed tomorrow, which might positively benefit or negatively impact PGWP holders.

As I posted before, the EE is new and time will tell where the average points cutoff will end up in the long run. In the meantime, there are alternative economic type immigration programs that still exist, and it is not mutually exclusive to investigate other options while seeing how the EE plays out.

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The first draw was a trial, there is an audio floating around stating that most ITAs will be given to people without an LMIA. Please wait for 2-3 more draws. PGWP holders will always have more score than people applying from outside. Stop crying, you are still in the safe. Use some logic. EE is just introduced to fast track PRs for people with LMIA that is all. They will not stop immigration for FSWP or CEC. No country does that, not even the US.

Keep trying hard and do not give up. Canada is a very good country which treats its citizens and potential immigrants well. This is a new system and will take time to settle. Just give it time. I too am a PGWP holder working a white collar job in Toronto. I understand that this is a bit annoying, but it will all go well. All is well :D.

unclesamy

Star Member
May 11, 2013
praneet87 said:
Haha, nothing has changed. Pretentious Immigrants egging on others trying to immigrate. The first draw was a trial, there is an audio floating around stating that most ITAs will be given to people without an LMIA. Please wait for 2-3 more draws. PGWP holders will always have more score than people applying from outside. Stop crying, you are still in the safe. Use some logic. EE is just introduced to fast track PRs for people with LMIA that is all. They will not stop immigration for FSWP or CEC. No country does that, not even the US.

Also, stop getting trolled by marcus or others like him/her. Keep trying hard and do not give up. Canada is a very good country which treats its citizens and potential immigrants well. This is a new system and will take time to settle. Just give it time. I too am a PGWP holder working a white collar job in Toronto. I understand that this is a bit annoying, but it will all go well. All is well :D.
completely agree with u but at first glance was very disappointing as i planed for CEC and an easy PR. Now i believe there is a luck factor. time will tell for sure hope for the best

cheesycheese

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
praneet87 said:
Haha, nothing has changed. Pretentious Immigrants egging on others trying to immigrate. The first draw was a trial, there is an audio floating around stating that most ITAs will be given to people without an LMIA. Please wait for 2-3 more draws. PGWP holders will always have more score than people applying from outside. Stop crying, you are still in the safe. Use some logic. EE is just introduced to fast track PRs for people with LMIA that is all. They will not stop immigration for FSWP or CEC. No country does that, not even the US.

Also, stop getting trolled by marcus or others like him/her. Keep trying hard and do not give up. Canada is a very good country which treats its citizens and potential immigrants well. This is a new system and will take time to settle. Just give it time. I too am a PGWP holder working a white collar job in Toronto. I understand that this is a bit annoying, but it will all go well. All is well :D.
Also agree but for those of us with 3 months of a TWP left who have been negatively affected by first the cap on 2014 CEC and now the new EE rules, playing Bingo with my, my wife and my 3 young children's continued life in Canada (2 of which are on Canadian passports) isn't a comfortable or morally correct position to be in.

unclesamy

Star Member
May 11, 2013
cheesycheese said:
Also agree but for those of us with 3 months of a TWP left who have been negatively affected by first the cap on 2014 CEC and now the new EE rules, playing Bingo with my, my wife and my 3 young children's continued life in Canada (2 of which are on Canadian passports) isn't a comfortable or morally correct position to be in.
i am sorry brother I understand ur pain people who r facing the problem know the pain.

cheesycheese

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
unclesamy said:
i am sorry brother I understand ur pain people who r facing the problem know the pain.
Thank you. I know I'm not the only one though! Everything was so straightforward and in control until a week ago when they culled 2014 CEC and it's been like falling dominoes ever since.

I actually had an appointment with an Immigration Lawyer today but over 30cm of snow fell in Toronto last night and she couldn't get into work. Perhaps the country's trying to tell me something! ;D

unclesamy

Star Member
May 11, 2013
cheesycheese said:
Thank you. I know I'm not the only one though! Everything was so straightforward and in control until a week ago when they culled 2014 CEC and it's been like falling dominoes ever since.

I actually had an appointment with an Immigration Lawyer today but over 30cm of snow fell in Toronto last night and she couldn't get into work. Perhaps the country's trying to tell me something! ;D
oh man. hope things get better. now future is uncertain. I am scared for my future.

seton

Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2013
Passport Req..
04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013
cheesycheese said:
The anonymity of the internet allows people to post whatever they want without consequences - in those cases, it is best to just skip their posts.

You may want to consider contacting your local MP as, since you have Canadian kids, you may have some options with a Humanitarian & Compassionate application - support from your MP may help if that came to be, and keeping your family together with Canadian children is considered a factor (but not the only, unfortunately).

I read your post history but unfortunately your November CEC application is not eligible for H&C considerations since it's not a factor of the class (that is, if the cap has in fact been reached). I would also suggest investigate other options, which could include:

- LMIA (Which I'm sure you're working on)
- Provincial Sponsorship if available
- Extending your work permit with the current employer
- Student options (for example, if your wife went to school, and could be eligible for an open spousal work permit)

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
seton said:
Just to note, it's been a processing interpretation for a while for the CIC to recognize and respect "dual-intent" - see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/dual.asp

While students as you assert did have to show intent to return home after completion of their studies, that did not preclude them from also intending to remain in Canada as a permanent resident through whatever immigration programs might be available (economic, family, investor, etc.). It's a fundamental principle that visa officers use in making determinations on applications.
Intent to return home at the end of your studies and intent to seek PR after returning home are two different things. When an applicant for a study permit shows intent to return home at the end of his/her studies, what he/she is saying is that he/she will indeed return home.

No one is saying intentions can't ever change. You can seek permanent residence after your studies but it must be done after you return home. If intent to return home is a requirement for issuing a student visa, then you must return home. A visa officer is required to refuse the visa application if he/she is not satisfied of your intent to return home at the end of your studies (and that's from the same manual you were quoting).

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
torontosm said:
Funny, as per my earlier post, the US doesn't offer this PR option and their universities seem to be doing quite well without it. I think I'm willing to chance that Canadian schools will be fine as well.

There will always be people on the cusp. That doesn't mean that rules should never change. Remember, as is the case in every country, the Canadian government will always look after the welfare of Canadians first.
torontosm you're right on point.

Most western countries in the world, particularly the US, don't offer a direct path to PR status for international students and the sky hasn't exactly fallen on them. These people are bit.ching about Canada even when they fully well know there's no PR option in the US or the UK for people in similar circumstances.

And, like you said, this country has the right to change its own laws at any time without notice as its interests demand. Canada's immigration programs will change to reflect Canada's interests, not those of international students.

seton

Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2013
Passport Req..
04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013
marcus66502 said:
Intent to return home at the end of your studies and intent to seek PR after returning home are two different things. When an applicant for a study permit shows intent to return home at the end of his/her studies, what he/she is saying is that he/she will indeed return home.

No one is saying intentions can't ever change. You can seek permanent residence after your studies but it must be done after you return home. If intent to return home is a requirement for issuing a student visa, then you must return home. A visa officer is required to refuse the visa application if he/she is not satisfied of your intent to return home at the end of your studies (and that's from the same manual you were quoting).
Dual intent means they have two simultaneous intentions, not necessarily subsequent. The clause in the act is specifically designed to acknowledge that someone may not necessarily return home while coming to Canada on a temporary visa, but must also be able to return to Canada if their temporary status expires and an alternative status isn't obtained or renewed. There is a difference between the two, and Canada would not have a single inland processing option (except for extreme cases) if dual-intent didn't exist. Dual intent is a common law principle which also exists in the American system, but their interpretation is in general more restrictive than Canada's.