+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA of Sikkim Manipal University Degree.

Oct 16, 2019
Hi All,
I have completed my B.Tech from Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology in 2008 and currently pursuing PG from Great Lakes Institute of Management.

I was trying to do ECA process from WES but WES does not accept any degrees from Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology for evaluation. So I have switch to BCIT for my B.Tech degree from Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology .

The issue is: BCIT does not evaluate on-going degree courses with provisional degree certificate but WES does.

I want to know if I need to get ECA done for PG Program or I can directly submit the certificate during EE application?

If I have to do an ECA for PG certificate, how should i proceed? Do I need to enroll in two different ECA centers and submit two reports?

Which ECA agency should I go for BCIT or IAS or IQAS? WES is not applicable here.

Please suggest.

prinaires

Sep 23, 2019
My ICAS ECA Timelinef for MBA from Sikkim Manipal Univeristy

04-22-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
03-27-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
02-10-2019 Application Received

anybody has recently applied???

How can we confirm that Document that has been received by icas is from University and from applicant.
Did you get your degree evaluated? if so please post your timeline

ryps

Nov 2, 2019
Dear Concerned,

Today on 17th Feb 2016, I have got my ECA report from ICAS Canada for my MBA from sikkim manipa university. It has taken them six months to render this report. Important shareable experiences and information is:

1. I had email exchanges with ICAS before sending papers where i was told - " Thank you for your enquiry. For postsecondary study completed in India, we will accept only the following:Degrees awarded by institutions which were recognized by the UGC at the time of admission, Programs recognized by the AICTE at the time of admission, Qualifications awarded by State Boards of Technical Education. It is your responsibility to determine whether your qualifications fulfill our requirements. If they do, then we can assess them. We strongly suggest that you submit all postsecondary qualifications for assessment, not just your highest qualification, to help us prepare the most meaningful report for your purposes." I had done some research on the recognition of SIKKIM MANIPAL and found out that on june 2012, high court has stated in a decision that "distance education from sikkim maipal should be regarded as recognized. My admission was after this order date in fact was in June 2012 itself.

2. I only sent my masters degree papers. paid the fee for ECA, got the request letter, sent the request letter to university for transcripts to be directly sent to ICAS along with the letter, got all my mark sheets and degree certificate copies attested by a notary (even empty back sides of papers written as "empty") and sent them to ICAS.

3. I kept regular conversation with ICAS via email while waiting, I was told that my papers were received in completeness on 4th august 2015 so that is treated as my start date for waiting of 25weeks. The report was finally received by me (email not hard copy as yet) on 17th Feb 2016.

4. My timeline at ICAS login: *note that 4th august does not reflect in my timeline.

The following list shows the current state of your application. For further information, contact the ICAS office.
Date Event
02/11/2016 Assessment Report ready for editing
02/04/2016 Assessment in Progress
09/03/2015 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
09/03/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
09/02/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
08/05/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
07/29/2015 Documents reviewed, awaiting official documents
07/28/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
07/11/2015 Application Received

so hope that quenches some anxiety of interested.

best of luck to all

saurabh

Hi Saurabh,
GE..

First of all, thank you so much for sharing detailed steps.

I followed your steps and emailed SMUDE for MBA transcript application form few days back. Upon follow-up today, they told me that due to some holiday and maintenance there, I may receive the application form on Monday or early next week.

By that time, as mentioned in your post, I thought to register at ICAS.
I have few queries:
1. the education history page needs to know Primary, Secondary and Post-secondary education details. It also mentions other.

Are these, Xii, Bachelor's and MBA, respectively? Please suggest what to fill in on that page, as it says you need to mention primary and secondary education and all education details as well.

2. The document requirements page mentions that some documents have to be sent by the applicant, but FAQs mention that we needn't send any documents, as those wont be considered.
Also, you mentioned that you sent the documents after notary signatures.
Please suggest which documents need to be sent, and by whom. I'm bit confused. :(

3. the education history page asks about school name and address.
Should I mention the exact school name, or the Board, like C.B.S.E?

My details
Program: MBA
Batch: 2010-2012
University: Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education

I'm asking these questions to minimize mistakes thereby affecting processing times.
I'd be grateful if you could suggest as per your experience.

--
Thank you

Sunny

guneet.jass04

Nov 17, 2019
Many congrats Saurabh, I just have one question. I have done my BCA from SMU-DE and my Master's i.e MCA from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University regular. So, do I need to evaluate my bachelor's as well or I will be fine with only getting the ECA for my Master's degree from WES? Please reply soon. Thanks!

Dear Concerned,

Today on 17th Feb 2016, I have got my ECA report from ICAS Canada for my MBA from sikkim manipa university. It has taken them six months to render this report. Important shareable experiences and information is:

1. I had email exchanges with ICAS before sending papers where i was told - " Thank you for your enquiry. For postsecondary study completed in India, we will accept only the following:Degrees awarded by institutions which were recognized by the UGC at the time of admission, Programs recognized by the AICTE at the time of admission, Qualifications awarded by State Boards of Technical Education. It is your responsibility to determine whether your qualifications fulfill our requirements. If they do, then we can assess them. We strongly suggest that you submit all postsecondary qualifications for assessment, not just your highest qualification, to help us prepare the most meaningful report for your purposes." I had done some research on the recognition of SIKKIM MANIPAL and found out that on june 2012, high court has stated in a decision that "distance education from sikkim maipal should be regarded as recognized. My admission was after this order date in fact was in June 2012 itself.

2. I only sent my masters degree papers. paid the fee for ECA, got the request letter, sent the request letter to university for transcripts to be directly sent to ICAS along with the letter, got all my mark sheets and degree certificate copies attested by a notary (even empty back sides of papers written as "empty") and sent them to ICAS.

3. I kept regular conversation with ICAS via email while waiting, I was told that my papers were received in completeness on 4th august 2015 so that is treated as my start date for waiting of 25weeks. The report was finally received by me (email not hard copy as yet) on 17th Feb 2016.

4. My timeline at ICAS login: *note that 4th august does not reflect in my timeline.

The following list shows the current state of your application. For further information, contact the ICAS office.
Date Event
02/11/2016 Assessment Report ready for editing
02/04/2016 Assessment in Progress
09/03/2015 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
09/03/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
09/02/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
08/05/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
07/29/2015 Documents reviewed, awaiting official documents
07/28/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
07/11/2015 Application Received

so hope that quenches some anxiety of interested.

best of luck to all

saurabh

ryps

Nov 2, 2019
Many congrats Saurabh, I just have one question. I have done my BCA from SMU-DE and my Master's i.e MCA from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University regular. So, do I need to evaluate my bachelor's as well or I will be fine with only getting the ECA for my Master's degree from WES? Please reply soon. Thanks!
Hi Guneet,
You can use the below Degree equivalency tool of WES.

https://applications.wes.org/ca/degree-equivalency-tool/

If you find your university name when you select Master's degree, then, you can only send MCA degree documents to WES and get that evaluated.
It's recommended to get evaluation of the highest degree earned only.

On a side note, I checked and found the course (MCA) and your university (Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University) on it. So, best is to get this degree evaluated.

--
Thanks

Sunny

guneet.jass04

Nov 17, 2019
Thank you for a quick reply, I also have a post graduate diploma in Mobile App development from Canada only which I did after my MCA, and I would be eligible to apply for Express Entry PR by the next year so I wanted to go ahead to evaluate my Indian studies. That's why I wondering if I need to evaluate both the degrees from Back home because WES would not recognise SMU degree and ICAS would take weeks to do that. So, it is confirned that my Master's degree would be enough to be evaluated for PR purposes. Right?

Hi Guneet,
You can use the below Degree equivalency tool of WES.

https://applications.wes.org/ca/degree-equivalency-tool/

If you find your university name when you select Master's degree, then, you can only send MCA degree documents to WES and get that evaluated.
It's recommended to get evaluation of the highest degree earned only.

On a side note, I checked and found the course (MCA) and your university (Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University) on it. So, best is to get this degree evaluated.

--
Thanks

Sunny

SDILIP

Oct 29, 2019
Hello Guys,
I have completed my MCOM from SMU and looking for ECA. I have chosen ICAS and also submitted the documents to ICAS directly and also requested SMU to send my transcripts to ICAS directly. I have also paid the respective fees.
I need to know few things here:
1. Does ICAS by any chance process the Validation in less than 25 weeks?
2. Do they work in December month?
By when should I be expecting my validation to be completed approx?

Help appreciated guys!
Thanks!

mujupmhouse

Dec 1, 2019
Friends,

I had completed both by BBA & MBA from SMU. now BBA proceed with ICAS. Can I need to create two file no. With ICAS for 2 degree evaluation. Please how I can proceed in this matter?

prinaires

Sep 23, 2019
will icas give masters for MBA from SMU if i send only MBA transcript for evaluation or will it be just a deploma.

rohaby

Dec 6, 2019
Dubai, UAE
Hi,
I have MBA from Sikkim Manipal Univ. and B.Tech from MG University, India.
I read WES don't accept SMU from 2018 and IQAS also stopped recently. Is it right?

When I tried to apply online from ICAs website, it is showing following message.
ICAS's system is currently processing a large volume of applications. Please try again later.
The ICAS system is processing a large number of requests. Please try again later.
I heard ICAS is not taking anymore new applicants until May 2020. Is it true?

What is the best option to proceed now?

sumit24

Sep 6, 2018
Hello Guys,
I have completed my MCOM from SMU and looking for ECA. I have chosen ICAS and also submitted the documents to ICAS directly and also requested SMU to send my transcripts to ICAS directly. I have also paid the respective fees.
I need to know few things here:
1. Does ICAS by any chance process the Validation in less than 25 weeks?
2. Do they work in December month?
By when should I be expecting my validation to be completed approx?

Help appreciated guys!
Thanks!
They take close to 8/9 months tbh. I had submitted my docs in March, still waiting.

Garry...

Dec 16, 2019
They take close to 8/9 months tbh. I had submitted my docs in March, still waiting.
Hi,

Could you please share your file status as below.

Date Event
08-26-2019 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
08-14-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
07-31-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
07-24-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
07-05-2019 Application Received

sumit24

Sep 6, 2018
Hey, I finally got my assessment y'day. MBA from SMU-DE approved as MBA.
12-16-2019 Electronic Copy of Assessment Report Sent by Email
12-13-2019 Assessment Report ready for editing
12-10-2019 Assessment in Progress
05-03-2019 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
04-16-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
04-05-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
03-12-2019 Application Received

mujupmhouse

Dec 1, 2019
Hey, I finally got my assessment y'day. MBA from SMU-DE approved as MBA.
12-16-2019 Electronic Copy of Assessment Report Sent by Email
12-13-2019 Assessment Report ready for editing
12-10-2019 Assessment in Progress
05-03-2019 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
04-16-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
04-05-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
03-12-2019 Application Received
Hi Sumit,

Really, happy to see your ECA has finalized. Brother, Please let me know how long SMU took to dispatch the transcript to ICAS. Are they providing any dispatch details?