+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA of Sikkim Manipal University Degree.

Asif.boo

Jul 28, 2019
Got my ICAS assessment in 2 months. Unbelievable.

Degree: Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education
(MBA)
Equivalent to Canadian Masters (MBA)

Timeline:

07-25-2019 Electronic Copy of Assessment Report Sent by Email
07-24-2019 Assessment Report ready for editing
07-11-2019 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
06-17-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
06-10-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
05-15-2019 Application Received
Wow that's good news bro.
as well, could you please help me for below points
myself currently based in UAE, hence how can I request for the transcripts,
is it work through email or phone calls

dhc

Dec 15, 2018
skm degree ECA from icas timeline

Date Event
07-29-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
07-21-2019 Application Received

gurpreets88

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
Hi everyone,

I'm going to apply for ECA via ICAS for my MCA degree from SMU.. Can anyone confirm if they've had their MCA degrees assessed from ICAS with a positive result?

Also, SMU is asking for a cover letter.. Can anyone share a sample cover letter so I can edit it and send it accordingly?

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks,
Gurpreet Singh

Rahul pal

Aug 22, 2019
Hi, can you tell me how were you able to talk to smu
Can u share the number n person whom you spoke
thanks
What is your passing year
I had recently talk to smu help desk and the suggest me to go with ICAS as IQAS is not evaluating SMU degree now.
Hi guys please suggest me which agency is best evaluate my smu degree i have done both graduction (bsc IT) and MCA from SMU,, i am wating your reply guys ,,, it would very help for me... please please

Irfan23

Nov 12, 2018
Hi guys please suggest me which agency is best evaluate my smu degree i have done both graduction (bsc IT) and MCA from SMU,, i am wating your reply guys ,,, it would very help for me... please please
ICAS is the only one. It takes 7-9 months!

Itul Chandok

Aug 28, 2019
Hello Guys, I am new to this group. I am awaiting my results for SMU ECA from ICAS. I saw in other groups two people got +ve ECA, one passed out it in 2010 and other in 2011. I completed in 2017 and read on forums about some changes made in rules of territory education by UGC, they say that no private university is allowed to offer distance education outside the state area and for SMU for some particular years, degrees obtained through distance mode are acceptable otherwise. This has made me sceptical so can any of you confirm if anyone else also passed out mba from SMU distance in 2017 and have applied for ICAS or any previous experience who passed in 2017 and got positive ECA? TIA

Ivanok2

Sep 15, 2019
Hi all.....urgent help needed. I completed my Bsc.IT from SMU DE in 2006. Will ICAS assess my degree. I've been receiving some contradictory information that its dependent on completion timelines. Please help. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Asif.boo

Jul 28, 2019
Hi,
There is what will help you

1. Sikkim Manipal can be assessed by icas but it takes 6 months.

2. There is a notification by high court on 17 June 2013 confirming SMU recognition.

3. ICAS require SMU to send the package of transcript directly to them.

4. SMU is very helpful in having the transcript facilitated.

5. First get in touch with SMU and ask for help and transcript. Ask them to send you the form. The form does have option of sending transcript directly. The call center number is on website.
smu.controllerde@smudde.edu.in this is the I'd of the desk in-charge of dealing with icas.
6. The fee by SMU will be 1800 (international post) odd. You are required to fill form, make draft and send to SMU. They will the document to ICAS.

7. secondly book application with ICAS and then order SMU. icas application has a form that SMU is required to fill up and send to ICAS along with transcript.

So... Contact SMU to know procedure in detail, boom application with ICAS, send money and form to SMU, wait for icas to recieve it (they do communicate and reply to email and will keep updating by mail enquiry only). The whole thing might take 7 + months.

Anything else ... Ask me again.

Good luck.
Saurabh

Dear Saurabh
could you please help me for the below points.
1, I just register with ICAS for my SMU MBA assessment, in there I have filled my Primary, Secondary, Post Secondary &Other etc. however, I need to get the ECA only for My MBA (is there any wrong which I have filled my complete education history),
2,afte the registration received an email, which copied below. what should I do with this Is there anything to fill form my end or university will take off it.
please waiting your valuable comments.
Asif Boo

I have contacted the awarding body and have submitted the Official Records Request Forms to have documents sent directly to ICAS:

1. ____________________________

2. ____________________________

3. ____________________________

4. ____________________________

5. ____________________________

6. ____________________________

7. ____________________________

8. ____________________________

9. ____________________________

10. ____________________________

Enclosed are the following photocopies of educational documents (please be specific and list all documents that you are submitting):

Reactions: prinaires

jugal123

Apr 4, 2019
Hi all.....urgent help needed. I completed my Bsc.IT from SMU DE in 2006. Will ICAS assess my degree. I've been receiving some contradictory information that its dependent on completion timelines. Please help. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
Yes it will
I got mine for BCA from SMU

Reactions: Omer Aman

prinaires

Sep 23, 2019
Dear Saurabh,
What should be filled in the fileds of Document submission form especially the one shown below
I have contacted the awarding body and have submitted the Official Records Request Forms to have documents sent directly to ICAS: