+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA of Sikkim Manipal University Degree.

Reshams

Sep 30, 2021
I have done MBA from Sikkim Manipal University through distance education from the year 2014 to 2016.and my application Status is application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
Hello is your issue sorted ..did your degrees got evaluated ?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018

SUAP

Oct 5, 2021
Hi I am new in this forum, Just want you all to inform I got positive ECA report for Bsc IT ( SMU), It took almost nine months.Time line is given below.

DateEvent
10-04-2021Electronic Copy of Assessment Report Sent by Email
09-29-2021Assessment Report ready for editing
05-17-2021Additional Information / Documents Received
05-05-2021Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
05-05-2021Communication Sent
04-07-2021Additional Information / Documents Received
03-04-2021Additional Information / Documents Received
01-10-2021Application Received

ReddyLokesh14

Oct 9, 2021
I was in USA at that time and I was really confused and worried. But luckily I came across MailTranscripts through google search. Surprisingly everything went smooth and with in 2 weeks my transcripts got prepared. University has sent the soft copy and hard copy of transcript directly to ICAS with the academic request form filled by the university. The team made sure that the university following the requirement of ICAS. I am really very happy and impressed by the services of MailTranscripts.

Trish_parmar

Jan 23, 2022
Hi Everyone,

Hope you all are doing well!

I have completed my MBA from Sikkim Manipal in 2019 took admission in 2017. I'm confused and in desperate need for help regarding which organization to go with for ECA. ICAS or IQAS. I'm not sure if ICES recognizes SMU degree or not. Also, there was an amendment happened in early 2021 which says WES recognizes SMU degree now. I would really appreciate if anyone can help and advise which is the best option to choose for SMU?

Thank you so much!

Kind regards,
Trishna

arindam.d

Feb 14, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone,

Hope you all are doing well!

I have completed my MBA from Sikkim Manipal in 2019 took admission in 2017. I'm confused and in desperate need for help regarding which organization to go with for ECA. ICAS or IQAS. I'm not sure if ICES recognizes SMU degree or not. Also, there was an amendment happened in early 2021 which says WES recognizes SMU degree now. I would really appreciate if anyone can help and advise which is the best option to choose for SMU?

Thank you so much!

Kind regards,
Trishna
You can ask SMU and WES once. WES is quite fast compare to others.

Roy Jayanthi

Feb 12, 2022
SMU has a tedious process to get the transcript. You may apply with MailTranscripts where in you need to upload scans of marksheet, degree certificate and they will get the transcript prepared before 10 days. I applied with them for IQAS evaluation but the team confirmed back to me stating that IQAS is not accepting SMU Degree so then I applied for ICAS evaluation and the team has sent my transcript to ICAS as per their requirement. MailTranscripts Team has good knowledge in Canada PR process.

JayeshPotwade

Aug 21, 2022
Yes regardless of the year of Passing. ICAS will consider it equivalentas masters degree. The only thing is they'll take approximately 9 months to process.
Hello all,
I had taken my admission in SMU-DE in the year 2011 when the university was struggling for UGC recognition.
I had opted for evaluation through ICAS and they didn’t recognise it stating that the university was not recognised during your admission.
This is so frustrating and I just do not know what can be done in this case. I PR process has just stopped now, hopeless.

anybody who experienced the same?
Hello Pammy,

I have the same situation, I have completed my MBA from SMU distance education in Sep-2013. I took admission in Feb-2011.
Is there any way to get it evaluated with ICAS or IQAS? Is there anyone who got positive response.
It is clearly mentioned with ICAS, university should be UGC recognized at the time of admission.
I am planning to submit my documents to ICAS.

Jul 16, 2022
Dear Concerned,

Today on 17th Feb 2016, I have got my ECA report from ICAS Canada for my MBA from sikkim manipa university. It has taken them six months to render this report. Important shareable experiences and information is:

1. I had email exchanges with ICAS before sending papers where i was told - " Thank you for your enquiry. For postsecondary study completed in India, we will accept only the following:Degrees awarded by institutions which were recognized by the UGC at the time of admission, Programs recognized by the AICTE at the time of admission, Qualifications awarded by State Boards of Technical Education. It is your responsibility to determine whether your qualifications fulfill our requirements. If they do, then we can assess them. We strongly suggest that you submit all postsecondary qualifications for assessment, not just your highest qualification, to help us prepare the most meaningful report for your purposes." I had done some research on the recognition of SIKKIM MANIPAL and found out that on june 2012, high court has stated in a decision that "distance education from sikkim maipal should be regarded as recognized. My admission was after this order date in fact was in June 2012 itself.

2. I only sent my masters degree papers. paid the fee for ECA, got the request letter, sent the request letter to university for transcripts to be directly sent to ICAS along with the letter, got all my mark sheets and degree certificate copies attested by a notary (even empty back sides of papers written as "empty") and sent them to ICAS.

3. I kept regular conversation with ICAS via email while waiting, I was told that my papers were received in completeness on 4th august 2015 so that is treated as my start date for waiting of 25weeks. The report was finally received by me (email not hard copy as yet) on 17th Feb 2016.

4. My timeline at ICAS login: *note that 4th august does not reflect in my timeline.

The following list shows the current state of your application. For further information, contact the ICAS office.
Date Event
02/11/2016 Assessment Report ready for editing
02/04/2016 Assessment in Progress
09/03/2015 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
09/03/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
09/02/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
08/05/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
07/29/2015 Documents reviewed, awaiting official documents
07/28/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
07/11/2015 Application Received

so hope that quenches some anxiety of interested.

best of luck to all

saurabh
May I know what degree was awarded by ICAS for the MBA from Sikkim Manipal University?