+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA of Sikkim Manipal University Degree.

Lakhanpal.saurabh

Apr 23, 2015
Gurgaon
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY TO New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
Nil
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
24-08-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
Dear Concerned,

Today on 17th Feb 2016, I have got my ECA report from ICAS Canada for my MBA from sikkim manipa university. It has taken them six months to render this report. Important shareable experiences and information is:

1. I had email exchanges with ICAS before sending papers where i was told - " Thank you for your enquiry. For postsecondary study completed in India, we will accept only the following:Degrees awarded by institutions which were recognized by the UGC at the time of admission, Programs recognized by the AICTE at the time of admission, Qualifications awarded by State Boards of Technical Education. It is your responsibility to determine whether your qualifications fulfill our requirements. If they do, then we can assess them. We strongly suggest that you submit all postsecondary qualifications for assessment, not just your highest qualification, to help us prepare the most meaningful report for your purposes." I had done some research on the recognition of SIKKIM MANIPAL and found out that on june 2012, high court has stated in a decision that "distance education from sikkim maipal should be regarded as recognized. My admission was after this order date in fact was in June 2012 itself.

2. I only sent my masters degree papers. paid the fee for ECA, got the request letter, sent the request letter to university for transcripts to be directly sent to ICAS along with the letter, got all my mark sheets and degree certificate copies attested by a notary (even empty back sides of papers written as "empty") and sent them to ICAS.

3. I kept regular conversation with ICAS via email while waiting, I was told that my papers were received in completeness on 4th august 2015 so that is treated as my start date for waiting of 25weeks. The report was finally received by me (email not hard copy as yet) on 17th Feb 2016.

4. My timeline at ICAS login: *note that 4th august does not reflect in my timeline.

The following list shows the current state of your application. For further information, contact the ICAS office.
Date Event
02/11/2016 Assessment Report ready for editing
02/04/2016 Assessment in Progress
09/03/2015 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
09/03/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
09/02/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
08/05/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
07/29/2015 Documents reviewed, awaiting official documents
07/28/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
07/11/2015 Application Received

so hope that quenches some anxiety of interested.

best of luck to all

saurabh

Reactions: SOWP1923

hopforSMU

Aug 30, 2015
Thanks Sourabh for sharing this information. Its a good news that ICAS is doing positive assessment for SMU-DE degrees. I also did MBA from SMU in year 2011.

Could you please share what level of MBA degree mapped to Canada Education. I heard in one other thread that for BSc from SMU-De, ICAS provided degree compared to 3 year Canada Education.

Thanks again for your help

Lakhanpal.saurabh

Apr 23, 2015
Gurgaon
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY TO New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
Nil
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
24-08-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
hopforSMU said:
Thanks Sourabh for sharing this information. Its a good news that ICAS is doing positive assessment for SMU-DE degrees. I also did MBA from SMU in year 2011.

Could you please share what level of MBA degree mapped to Canada Education. I heard in one other thread that for BSc from SMU-De, ICAS provided degree compared to 3 year Canada Education.

Thanks again for your help
" comparable to master in business management in Canada" is what it says. :D

mohit virmani

Mar 18, 2016
Dear Saurabh,

I am glad to know your hard earned degree is now recognized in Canada. Congratulations!!!

I am carrying a similar case where I have done my graduation from IPU university and post graduation from SMU. The problem is that IPU is not supporting to send documents directly to ICAS which is a mandate requirement from them.

Now, I am thinking to apply for graduation ECA from WES and post graduation ECA from ICAS. Kindly suggest if that could be the appropriate way forward. Pls suggest if that will be acceptable from CIC in Express Entry. (I browsed a lot on Internet, but didn't get much useful information).
I took reference from your post "Point 2 I only sent my masters degree papers." So I infer you too have done a similar sought of thing. Just a Guess,though.

Pls support to suggest. Hope your Express Entry process is on track too and all the very best for the same.

Regards,
Mohit

aman2iipm

Jun 4, 2016
Hi Saurabh

I would be really helpful if you can send me contact details.. i seek some information for SMU...
how they send the transcript to canada ?...
Whom i have to approach in SMU and what amount of fees i have to pay for sending my transcript ?

Please drop me your contact number or call me on 9212735606.

Would appreciate your help...

Thanks
Aman

fperk_83

Nov 1, 2016
Hi All

Is there any updates about the ECA procedures from WES and CES for Sikkim Manipal University.
I am planning to apply for the Express Entry and want to start the procedures for ECA

ICAS takes 26 weeks time which is too long.
Has anyone got the approval from WES or CES for Sikkim Manipal Degree

krn89

Mar 1, 2017
Great!!

Guys I am planning to apply ECA with ICAS as I have done my Bachelors degree from SMU.

Few Questions stuck in my Mind:

1. I am yet get degree from the study center I dont know if the year of start and year of finishing the degree is Mentioned on the degree or not.
2. I am asking the above question because I have the marksheet for 1 and 2 semester for same date i.e. for exams held in July 2010 and 3rd sem marksheet has date i.e for exams held in Jan 2011, 4th sem for exams held in Jul 2011, 5th sem for exams held in Aug 2012 and 6th Sem for exams held in Jan 2013. Since the exams I gave are bit unorganized and I dont see any detail where it says when I started the degree, do I need to worry about the ICAS assement?

3. What evaluation do they give for Bachelors Degree from SMU, I have completed it with 62%

Please advise!!!!

JRNVU-ECA

Apr 25, 2017
Need help - ECA for Janardan Rai Vidyapeeth University

Hi People,

This is really urgent!!!!
Has any one got ECA for Bachelors/Masters completed from Janardan Rai Nagar Vidyapeeth University.
Please, let me know which organisation will evaluate WES/IQAS/ICAS or any other.
Help me please....

jeevanfor

May 7, 2017
Hey, did you get an answer to this? I'm trying to figure out the start and end dates myself of SMU myself.

jeevanfor

May 7, 2017
krn89 said:
Great!!

Guys I am planning to apply ECA with ICAS as I have done my Bachelors degree from SMU.

Few Questions stuck in my Mind:

1. I am yet get degree from the study center I dont know if the year of start and year of finishing the degree is Mentioned on the degree or not.
2. I am asking the above question because I have the marksheet for 1 and 2 semester for same date i.e. for exams held in July 2010 and 3rd sem marksheet has date i.e for exams held in Jan 2011, 4th sem for exams held in Jul 2011, 5th sem for exams held in Aug 2012 and 6th Sem for exams held in Jan 2013. Since the exams I gave are bit unorganized and I dont see any detail where it says when I started the degree, do I need to worry about the ICAS assement?

3. What evaluation do they give for Bachelors Degree from SMU, I have completed it with 62%

Please advise!!!!
Hi Krn89, I have been trying to understand the Start and End dates of SMU myself. Did you figure this out? I'm thinking of applying for ECA through IQAS as according to a lot of people the processing times are faster.

Ankit_india

Jun 25, 2017
I have done my BSc - Information Technology from Sikkim Manipal University in 2009 and MBA- Information system(While working) in 2013-started june 2011 and completed aug 2013, this is also from Sikkim Manipal University, is it valid for Canadian PR?, pls let me know I am very much worried about it.

Kumara5

Aug 20, 2017
I have done my BSc - Information Technology from Sikkim Manipal University in 2009 and MBA- Information system(While working) in 2013-started june 2011 and completed aug 2013, this is also from Sikkim Manipal University, is it valid for Canadian PR?, pls let me know I am very much worried about it.
I am in the same situation as I have done Masters of Commerce from Sikkim Manipal University: Distance Learning from May 2011 to April 2013.
I would really appreciate some insights on this matter.