+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA of Sikkim Manipal University Degree.

iaquil

Aug 18, 2017
Can somebody please let me know the steps of getting transcript from SMU, I passed out in 2009. Not able to find detailed info.

Thanks.

iaquil

Aug 18, 2017
Hey guys

Finally i got my SMU ECA done from ICAS.
You can call me anytime on my number for any information regarding this.

Hope it's a relief for everyone.
Thanks
aman
What course did you do from SMU, I did 2 yrs Masters in CS, any idea what does it mapped to Canadian education as per ECA?

kritika1987

Oct 7, 2017
Dear Concerned,

Today on 17th Feb 2016, I have got my ECA report from ICAS Canada for my MBA from sikkim manipa university. It has taken them six months to render this report. Important shareable experiences and information is:

1. I had email exchanges with ICAS before sending papers where i was told - " Thank you for your enquiry. For postsecondary study completed in India, we will accept only the following:Degrees awarded by institutions which were recognized by the UGC at the time of admission, Programs recognized by the AICTE at the time of admission, Qualifications awarded by State Boards of Technical Education. It is your responsibility to determine whether your qualifications fulfill our requirements. If they do, then we can assess them. We strongly suggest that you submit all postsecondary qualifications for assessment, not just your highest qualification, to help us prepare the most meaningful report for your purposes." I had done some research on the recognition of SIKKIM MANIPAL and found out that on june 2012, high court has stated in a decision that "distance education from sikkim maipal should be regarded as recognized. My admission was after this order date in fact was in June 2012 itself.

2. I only sent my masters degree papers. paid the fee for ECA, got the request letter, sent the request letter to university for transcripts to be directly sent to ICAS along with the letter, got all my mark sheets and degree certificate copies attested by a notary (even empty back sides of papers written as "empty") and sent them to ICAS.

3. I kept regular conversation with ICAS via email while waiting, I was told that my papers were received in completeness on 4th august 2015 so that is treated as my start date for waiting of 25weeks. The report was finally received by me (email not hard copy as yet) on 17th Feb 2016.

4. My timeline at ICAS login: *note that 4th august does not reflect in my timeline.

The following list shows the current state of your application. For further information, contact the ICAS office.
Date Event
02/11/2016 Assessment Report ready for editing
02/04/2016 Assessment in Progress
09/03/2015 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
09/03/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
09/02/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
08/05/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
07/29/2015 Documents reviewed, awaiting official documents
07/28/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
07/11/2015 Application Received

so hope that quenches some anxiety of interested.

best of luck to all

saurabh
Hi Saurabh,

I'm going through similar situation. I have an MBA degree from SMU-DE completed in year 2008-2010. I am confused on few things

1. How to get transcript?
2. Do I need to register on IQAS/ICAS, pay fee before applying for transcript
3. How much SMU will charge for transcript
4. Can SMU send transcript directly to IQAS/ICAS as its a requirement on their website

If you can guide, that would be a great help.

Thanks

Lakhanpal.saurabh

Apr 23, 2015
Gurgaon
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY TO New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
Nil
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
24-08-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
Hi Saurabh,

I'm going through similar situation. I have an MBA degree from SMU-DE completed in year 2008-2010. I am confused on few things

1. How to get transcript?
2. Do I need to register on IQAS/ICAS, pay fee before applying for transcript
3. How much SMU will charge for transcript
4. Can SMU send transcript directly to IQAS/ICAS as its a requirement on their website

If you can guide, that would be a great help.

Thanks
Hi,
There is what will help you

1. Sikkim Manipal can be assessed by icas but it takes 6 months.

2. There is a notification by high court on 17 June 2013 confirming SMU recognition.

3. ICAS require SMU to send the package of transcript directly to them.

4. SMU is very helpful in having the transcript facilitated.

5. First get in touch with SMU and ask for help and transcript. Ask them to send you the form. The form does have option of sending transcript directly. The call center number is on website.
smu.controllerde@smudde.edu.in this is the I'd of the desk in-charge of dealing with icas.
6. The fee by SMU will be 1800 (international post) odd. You are required to fill form, make draft and send to SMU. They will the document to ICAS.

7. secondly book application with ICAS and then order SMU. icas application has a form that SMU is required to fill up and send to ICAS along with transcript.

So... Contact SMU to know procedure in detail, boom application with ICAS, send money and form to SMU, wait for icas to recieve it (they do communicate and reply to email and will keep updating by mail enquiry only). The whole thing might take 7 + months.

Anything else ... Ask me again.

Good luck.
Saurabh

kritika1987

Oct 7, 2017
Hi,

2. There is a notification by high court on 17 June 2013 confirming SMU recognition.

5. First get in touch with SMU and ask for help and transcript. Ask them to send you the form. The form does have option of sending transcript directly. The call center number is on website.
smu.controllerde@smudde.edu.in this is the I'd of the desk in-charge of dealing with icas.
6. The fee by SMU will be 1800 (international post) odd. You are required to fill form, make draft and send to SMU. They will the document to ICAS.

7. secondly book application with ICAS and then order SMU. icas application has a form that SMU is required to fill up and send to ICAS along with transcript.

So... Contact SMU to know procedure in detail, boom application with ICAS, send money and form to SMU, wait for icas to recieve it (they do communicate and reply to email and will keep updating by mail enquiry only). The whole thing might take 7 + months.

Good luck.
Saurabh
Thank you Saurabh. This is really big help

Lakhanpal.saurabh

Apr 23, 2015
Gurgaon
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY TO New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
Nil
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
24-08-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
Thank you Saurabh. This is really big help
If you need the high court judgement it is available with me. Also I have scrolls of communication done with icas before going in for assessment. If you believe that such documents will help you than send me a test mail at lakhanpal.saurabh@gmail.com .. I can send these to you.

It's a pity that masters from lesser known Universities are assessed by Wes and not from SMU, which is a very professional University which doesn't indulge in hanky panky stuff like others. I hope they get some sense someday and start assessing SMU for good.

Saurabh lakhanpal

Reshu

Oct 30, 2017
Hi Aman I got my transcript from smu du and mdu...but now I get to know that university directly send the transcript to IQAS ...how do I send my transcript to university ???what is the procedure for that so they will approach Iqas???

Adican

Nov 2, 2017
Dear Concerned,

Today on 17th Feb 2016, I have got my ECA report from ICAS Canada for my MBA from sikkim manipa university. It has taken them six months to render this report. Important shareable experiences and information is:

1. I had email exchanges with ICAS before sending papers where i was told - " Thank you for your enquiry. For postsecondary study completed in India, we will accept only the following:Degrees awarded by institutions which were recognized by the UGC at the time of admission, Programs recognized by the AICTE at the time of admission, Qualifications awarded by State Boards of Technical Education. It is your responsibility to determine whether your qualifications fulfill our requirements. If they do, then we can assess them. We strongly suggest that you submit all postsecondary qualifications for assessment, not just your highest qualification, to help us prepare the most meaningful report for your purposes." I had done some research on the recognition of SIKKIM MANIPAL and found out that on june 2012, high court has stated in a decision that "distance education from sikkim maipal should be regarded as recognized. My admission was after this order date in fact was in June 2012 itself.

2. I only sent my masters degree papers. paid the fee for ECA, got the request letter, sent the request letter to university for transcripts to be directly sent to ICAS along with the letter, got all my mark sheets and degree certificate copies attested by a notary (even empty back sides of papers written as "empty") and sent them to ICAS.

3. I kept regular conversation with ICAS via email while waiting, I was told that my papers were received in completeness on 4th august 2015 so that is treated as my start date for waiting of 25weeks. The report was finally received by me (email not hard copy as yet) on 17th Feb 2016.

4. My timeline at ICAS login: *note that 4th august does not reflect in my timeline.

The following list shows the current state of your application. For further information, contact the ICAS office.
Date Event
02/11/2016 Assessment Report ready for editing
02/04/2016 Assessment in Progress
09/03/2015 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
09/03/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
09/02/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
08/05/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
07/29/2015 Documents reviewed, awaiting official documents
07/28/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
07/11/2015 Application Received

so hope that quenches some anxiety of interested.

best of luck to all

saurabh
Hi Saurabh, could you please mail me the scanned copy of your ECA report on my id i.e. aditya.lucky@gmail.com

Adican

Nov 2, 2017
Hi,

Good luck.
Saurabh

Hi saurabh, could you please mail me the scanned copy of your ECA report on my id i.e. aditya.lucky@gmail.com

Lakhanpal.saurabh

Apr 23, 2015
Gurgaon
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY TO New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
Nil
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
24-08-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
Hi Saurabh, could you please mail me the scanned copy of your ECA report on my id i.e. aditya.lucky@gmail.com
I can't please... This is a sensitive document.. if you need to see weather I actually got a report or not than I am willing to share a defaced photo of this report on WhatsApp

Adican

Nov 2, 2017
I can't please... This is a sensitive document.. if you need to see weather I actually got a report or not than I am willing to share a defaced photo of this report on WhatsApp
Saurabh, my Intentions are not wrong..whatever communication medium you like to send me the report you can...My whatsapp no. Is 8130592055...
One thing more I didn't doubt on your ECA report..I just want to see it...
I have done BSC IT from SMU DE but that of no use...think about my mental state..By the grace of god I am working in MNC...SMU ne kahin ka nai choda....
What ever you like to do you can

Bye tc

Lakhanpal.saurabh

Apr 23, 2015
Gurgaon
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY TO New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
Nil
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
24-08-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
Saurabh, my Intentions are not wrong..whatever communication medium you like to send me the report you can...My whatsapp no. Is 8130592055...
One thing more I didn't doubt on your ECA report..I just want to see it...
I have done BSC IT from SMU DE but that of no use...think about my mental state..By the grace of god I am working in MNC...SMU ne kahin ka nai choda....
What ever you like to do you can

Bye tc
Don't worry bro and keep the faith.. I will be sharing it on WhatsApp ...in a min...

Lakhanpal.saurabh

Apr 23, 2015
Gurgaon
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY TO New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
Nil
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
24-08-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
I have received a few mails since I posted this thread. Obviously as it's a confidential document I will not be sharing the scan copy which the emails from people ask for. ICAS has given a Canadian equivalent to two year master degree in the report. Any more clarification or help needed ... Message me on 7838477686.

sahil101

Jan 2, 2018
Dear Saurabh,

I am glad to know your hard earned degree is now recognized in Canada. Congratulations!!!

I am carrying a similar case where I have done my graduation from IPU university and post graduation from SMU. The problem is that IPU is not supporting to send documents directly to ICAS which is a mandate requirement from them.

Now, I am thinking to apply for graduation ECA from WES and post graduation ECA from ICAS. Kindly suggest if that could be the appropriate way forward. Pls suggest if that will be acceptable from CIC in Express Entry. (I browsed a lot on Internet, but didn't get much useful information).
I took reference from your post "Point 2 I only sent my masters degree papers." So I infer you too have done a similar sought of thing. Just a Guess,though.

Pls support to suggest. Hope your Express Entry process is on track too and all the very best for the same.

Regards,
Mohit
Did you find a solution for this? I am sailing in the same boat.