+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA of Sikkim Manipal University Degree.

aju123dhiman

Star Member
Dec 23, 2018
Hello,

Need urgent help. I have completed my B.Tech full time from Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology and haven’t found it on the list by WES. Can someone please advice if IQAS assessment will be positive or not for the same because I have read somewhere that from Dec,2018 IQAS has stopped recognising SMU as well.
Hi
Study centre in Sikkim or out of Sikkim

Prasenjit19

May 21, 2019
Dear Concerned,

Today on 17th Feb 2016, I have got my ECA report from ICAS Canada for my MBA from sikkim manipa university. It has taken them six months to render this report. Important shareable experiences and information is:

1. I had email exchanges with ICAS before sending papers where i was told - " Thank you for your enquiry. For postsecondary study completed in India, we will accept only the following:Degrees awarded by institutions which were recognized by the UGC at the time of admission, Programs recognized by the AICTE at the time of admission, Qualifications awarded by State Boards of Technical Education. It is your responsibility to determine whether your qualifications fulfill our requirements. If they do, then we can assess them. We strongly suggest that you submit all postsecondary qualifications for assessment, not just your highest qualification, to help us prepare the most meaningful report for your purposes." I had done some research on the recognition of SIKKIM MANIPAL and found out that on june 2012, high court has stated in a decision that "distance education from sikkim maipal should be regarded as recognized. My admission was after this order date in fact was in June 2012 itself.

2. I only sent my masters degree papers. paid the fee for ECA, got the request letter, sent the request letter to university for transcripts to be directly sent to ICAS along with the letter, got all my mark sheets and degree certificate copies attested by a notary (even empty back sides of papers written as "empty") and sent them to ICAS.

3. I kept regular conversation with ICAS via email while waiting, I was told that my papers were received in completeness on 4th august 2015 so that is treated as my start date for waiting of 25weeks. The report was finally received by me (email not hard copy as yet) on 17th Feb 2016.

4. My timeline at ICAS login: *note that 4th august does not reflect in my timeline.

The following list shows the current state of your application. For further information, contact the ICAS office.
Date Event
02/11/2016 Assessment Report ready for editing
02/04/2016 Assessment in Progress
09/03/2015 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
09/03/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
09/02/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
08/05/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
07/29/2015 Documents reviewed, awaiting official documents
07/28/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
07/11/2015 Application Received

so hope that quenches some anxiety of interested.

best of luck to all

saurabh

Hi Sourabh,

I have done My B.E (regular) from SMU Gangtok in the year 2012 pass-out & would like to know Few things would like to know from tor experience. It would be great if you could share.

1.Do I need to attested my degree certificate & results copy by a lawyer then send it to IQAS?
2.Can I use any speed post DHL/Fedex?
3.Do I need to mail my request letter to university or Shall I visit the university along with the documents?
4.How long will it take for the university to arrange the transcripts & send it to IQAS? & what would be the cost?

May 30, 2019
Please advise, on the details to be provided in ICAS website and the documents to be couriered.

I have planned to do the below :
1. Provide the below details in website.

• 10th in primary
  • 12th in secondary
  • UG in postsecondary - B.Tech
  • PG in others - MBA

2. But submit only my UG & PG certificates for evaluation (send documents by courier)

TIA

aju123dhiman

Star Member
Dec 23, 2018
Please advise, on the details to be provided in ICAS website and the documents to be couriered.

I have planned to do the below :
1. Provide the below details in website.

• 10th in primary
  • 12th in secondary
  • UG in postsecondary - B.Tech
  • PG in others - MBA

2. But submit only my UG & PG certificates for evaluation (send documents by courier)

TIA
Ok go

aju123dhiman

Star Member
Dec 23, 2018
Mentioned as you typed above because it will not make any difference. It’s only for their knowledge send the docs which you want to evaluate

Rk29mum

Jul 10, 2018
Dear Saurabh,

I will be applying for educational credential assessment from ICAS soon.
I have completed my graduation from Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education from Kolkata center.
All my mark sheets and pass certificate only mentions Gangtok, Sikkim.
While filling up the application form in ICAS website it asks about the City, Sate/Province of your school/college.
Here, do I need to mention Kolkata West Bengal OR Gangtok, Sikkim?

Another question is that while filling up the application form should i mention my school/college name or the university name ?

Thanks,
Payal

Hi Payal,
Could you please share your number. we both are going on the same track. So we might help ease other throughout this process. U can email me your no. at b.rashmi@yahoo.com

thanks

nidus

Jun 13, 2019
I am about to apply ECA from ICAS. I did BSc.IT and MSc.IT from SMU. I am little confused about what to apply from SMU. I asked smuhelpdesk and they sent me application form for Transcript. Do I need Bonafide also or just transcript? Also, what is the pin code for ICAS to fill in the SMU form?

Irfan23

Nov 12, 2018
Hello guys,
I have a query regarding my ECA from ICAS. I have a MBA degree from Sikkim Manipal DE. I have submitted my ECA request with ICAS earlier this year, i.e. in Feb, 2019. My question here is, I have submitted only my Master's and not my graduation. I have heard that only the last completed qualification was enough to get accessed for Express Entry. Can anybody clear my doubts. If no, then can I sent my graduation assessment request to
Dear Concerned,

Today on 17th Feb 2016, I have got my ECA report from ICAS Canada for my MBA from sikkim manipa university. It has taken them six months to render this report. Important shareable experiences and information is:

1. I had email exchanges with ICAS before sending papers where i was told - " Thank you for your enquiry. For postsecondary study completed in India, we will accept only the following:Degrees awarded by institutions which were recognized by the UGC at the time of admission, Programs recognized by the AICTE at the time of admission, Qualifications awarded by State Boards of Technical Education. It is your responsibility to determine whether your qualifications fulfill our requirements. If they do, then we can assess them. We strongly suggest that you submit all postsecondary qualifications for assessment, not just your highest qualification, to help us prepare the most meaningful report for your purposes." I had done some research on the recognition of SIKKIM MANIPAL and found out that on june 2012, high court has stated in a decision that "distance education from sikkim maipal should be regarded as recognized. My admission was after this order date in fact was in June 2012 itself.

2. I only sent my masters degree papers. paid the fee for ECA, got the request letter, sent the request letter to university for transcripts to be directly sent to ICAS along with the letter, got all my mark sheets and degree certificate copies attested by a notary (even empty back sides of papers written as "empty") and sent them to ICAS.

3. I kept regular conversation with ICAS via email while waiting, I was told that my papers were received in completeness on 4th august 2015 so that is treated as my start date for waiting of 25weeks. The report was finally received by me (email not hard copy as yet) on 17th Feb 2016.

4. My timeline at ICAS login: *note that 4th august does not reflect in my timeline.

The following list shows the current state of your application. For further information, contact the ICAS office.
Date Event
02/11/2016 Assessment Report ready for editing
02/04/2016 Assessment in Progress
09/03/2015 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
09/03/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
09/02/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
08/05/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
07/29/2015 Documents reviewed, awaiting official documents
07/28/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
07/11/2015 Application Received

so hope that quenches some anxiety of interested.

best of luck to all

saurabh

nainsi1991

May 25, 2019
Hello guys,
I have a query regarding my ECA from ICAS. I have a MBA degree from Sikkim Manipal DE. I have submitted my ECA request with ICAS earlier this year, i.e. in Feb, 2019. My question here is, I have submitted only my Master's and not my graduation. I have heard that only the last completed qualification was enough to get accessed for Express Entry. Can anybody clear my doubts. If no, then can I sent my graduation assessment request to

Hi Irfan, please confirm what is the status of your application on ICAS? Its been 4 months right? Did you receive any mail or update on this?

Irfan23

Nov 12, 2018
Hi Irfan, please confirm what is the status of your application on ICAS? Its been 4 months right? Did you receive any mail or update on this?
Hello,

I have reached out to ICAS to know my status. They clearly stated that it would take 6 to 7 months for the ECA report.

Below is the response from ICAS:-

"The estimated processing time for ICAS’ Canadian Immigration Assessment Package is approximately 25 weeks after all required documents are received in our office. This is an approximate processing time and is not a guarantee.

Please note that, no exact date can be provided as it will always depend on the volume of applications received and the nature of the qualifications submitted for assessment. ICAS handles all requests for assessment in the order in which complete documentation is received in our office."

nainsi1991

May 25, 2019
Hello,

I have reached out to ICAS to know my status. They clearly stated that it would take 6 to 7 months for the ECA report.

Below is the response from ICAS:-

"The estimated processing time for ICAS’ Canadian Immigration Assessment Package is approximately 25 weeks after all required documents are received in our office. This is an approximate processing time and is not a guarantee.

Please note that, no exact date can be provided as it will always depend on the volume of applications received and the nature of the qualifications submitted for assessment. ICAS handles all requests for assessment in the order in which complete documentation is received in our office."
What is the status on Site, is it in progress?