+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto Comparative Education Service (CES) - My Experience

tapioca

Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
OK. Thank you for your response. I'm considering the email copy
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you need the physical copy to apply. So maybe a softcopy is enough. Again, I don't know the extent of the required documents in your specific IRCC case. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Fantastica

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you need the physical copy to apply. So maybe a soft copy is enough. Again, I don't know the extent of the required documents in your specific IRCC case. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yes, you are right. Email copy should be OK

tapioca

Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
Oh! That's so thoughtful of you. Thanks
I needed that information myself, so here is what I found on the Canadian government website, Mandatory documents (if applicable) section:

Proof of studies
Document requirements
• To receive program-specific points for education, the applicant must obtain an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) and provide the ECA reference number in their application, along with proof of the foreign educational credentials for which points are being claimed.
[...]
• Where an ECA has been obtained, the applicant must provide the ECA reference number in their e-APR for online validation directly from the issuing organization. A scanned copy of the ECA is not required when submitting the e-APR but may be requested by IRCC at a later date.

Individuals who must submit this documentation
• The principal applicant
• Their spouse or common-law partner
Apparently, a scanned ECA is enough. I'd have gone with the pick-up option and the softcopy if only I'd searched that before requesting mine.

tapioca

Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
Wow! Great idea.
Do you know if I can still change my delivery option to pick up and Electronic copy?
Once you completed your application and paid, I guess not. But you can always reach out to them through their support page. CES employees answer quite promptly and they did go the extra mile when I and others requested their help.

rohit2085

Star Member
Apr 7, 2019
Hello, please could you let me know the delivery option you used for CES that made you receive hard copy within 24 hours?
Please let me know, I am interested.
Delivery option was paid one. They sent it on 13th and I received on 16th Aug. 4 days, Also, there is no Soft copy option.

tapioca

Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
Delivery option was paid one. They sent it on 13th and I received on 16th Aug. 4 days, Also, there is no Soft copy option.
Good for you! Softcopy is a shorthand for what they call a Duplicate Electronic Copy.

Last edited:

Fantastica

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Once you completed your application and paid, I guess not. But you can always reach out to them through their support page. CES employees answer quite promptly and they did go the extra mile when I and others requested their help.
OK thanks I've sent them a message

dranuragz

Aug 5, 2019
Hi,

I need to get ECA for my masters degree from CES.

Does CES need the bachelors degree transcript? [Getting my bachelors university to send transcripts will require me to visit India, I am out of India :(]

Many thanks for the help

Kunlexy007

Oct 14, 2019
For those that used CES for verification,
- how will I input the Canadian address I want the result to be sent to. I've gotten to the checkout stage $(210 + 28), about to pay, but I'm yet to be asked to specify that address.
Will it be after payment that I'll input the address or I missed something?